Educational Testing Service

Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Intern Interview

Research Intern
Princeton, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Educational Testing Service in March 2014.

Interview Details – Regular phone interview by my future mentors. They asked me about the projects on my resume, and investigate the breadth and depth of my domain knowledge, and regular conversation on my current research topic and the progress.

Interview Question – just normal research questions which frequently emerges in my projects.   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

IT Intern
Princeton, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Educational Testing Service in February 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through a special program at my school. Was contacted by phone for an interview a few weeks later. It was a pretty relaxed interview, spoke with the internship coordinator, and then two departments that were interested in me. All fit/behavioral type questions, going over my resume. Everyone was very nice.

Interview Question – I think one was something like "Can you describe a time when you had a problem during group work." Can't really remember.   Answer Question

Project Administrator Interview

Project Administrator
Princeton, NJ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Educational Testing Service.

Interview Details – Received email invite to interview. Was sent an interview schedule via email. Met with HR and then a 3 person panel.

Interview Question – What do you do with ambiguity?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager
Princeton, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Educational Testing Service.

Interview Details – Standard phone screening and in person interview with hiring manager. Typical process.

Interview Question – Didn't really have one.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was not able to negotiate much

Very Easy Interview

TOEFLiBT Rater Interview

TOEFLiBT Rater
Princeton, NJ

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Educational Testing Service in July 2013.

Interview Details – Easy hiring process - send resume and qualifications

Test Creation Specialist Interview

Test Creation Specialist
Princeton, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Educational Testing Service in July 2009.

Interview Details – Hired through J&J Temp Services. Worked as a "temp" for 1 year before I was asked to become full time. I worked for 6 years in Operations before applying for Test Creation Specialist in which I was interviewed by HR, and then a follow up interview with the Hiring Manager.

Interview Question – Provide the most trying or difficult experience you have delt with in your professional career and explain how you handled it. From beginning to end - it what way(s) did you grow from this experience?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Professional yet dragged out a bit too long.

Assessment Specialist I Interview

Assessment Specialist I
Princeton, NJ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Educational Testing Service in March 2013.

Interview Details – A few weeks after I applied, I was asked to come to the HQ in Princeton. I first took a test, then was interviewed by someone in HR, and finally had a panel interview. I found the panel interview to be fine. Four people were interviewing me, but only two generally asked questions. Note that it can take awhile to hear back after an interview, especially if the interviewers are traveling.

Interview Question – Have you ever had someone criticize you during an evaluation and you've disagreed? - So hard to answer, because I've generally either gotten positive feedback or criticisms that I've agreed with!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to get a bit more than I was originally quoted!

Assessment Specialist I Interview

Assessment Specialist I
Princeton, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Educational Testing Service.

Interview Details – After my application was forwarded to the department I was asked to submit a writing sample, and then to do a few typical tasks--writing questions, editing, and scoring. Had a phone interview --an hour or so?--with the directors, and then was invited to campus for an interview day. The morning began at 9 with an interview by a group of directors and senior assessment specialists, then I was taken to lunch with current employees, then was asked to do a few more sample tasks. The day ended with a meeting with the human resources representative, and ended around 3. Everyone I came into contact with at each stage was friendly and professional.

Interview Question – Describe a situation in which you had to deal with competing obligations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much. I had been told the general range for the position at the interview, so when I received my offer I asked for a bit more in salary but was told that what I was being offered was the most they could offer for my skillset, and the HR guy explained politely that the offer included a bump for attributes x, y, and z.. I was given a very generous moving expenses package, however, so I was ok.

Statistical Assistant I Interview

Statistical Assistant I
Princeton, NJ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Educational Testing Service in July 2011.

Interview Details – Starts with a phone interview, followed by an in person interview. The in person interview is with all of the different managers in that department. They generally ask about your experience as well as personality questions

Interview Question – Name one thing that makes you stand out from the other candidates   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Educational Testing Service? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Educational Testing Service interview questions and advice in Princeton, NJ. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Educational Testing Service employees and interview candidates.