Edward Jones BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2014

2.8

48 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones.

The communication process was very efficient. I was given timelines throughout the entire process and the time estimates given were accurate. The in person interview mirrored the telephone interview.

Other Interview Reviews for Edward Jones

BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones in February 2014.

I had my phone interview and was told a was a very good candidate. I then had my in person and was again told i was a great choice. I did not get the job, but I was told I was such a good candidate that the advisor was going to recomend me to the main office. He felt i woild be an asset for Jones. I have not heard from Jones again. I have applied for two other BOA positions

Interview Questions
    • The questions asked were average, not as difficult as I expected   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones in April 2014.

Uploaded resume, received a call within a week letting me know they were interested in scheduling a telephone interview. They set it up for exactly a week later for noon. They called from the home office exactly at noon... I interviewed with the same HR lady that initiated the first phone call. She was casual but probing. She was professional but somewhat friendly. Of course I was nervous...

At first she talked small talk, then outlined how the interview would proceed. I could hear her typing furiously (lol) as I answered the questions. After the interview she said thanked me, and told me that she would present the phone interview to the HR team to make the decision. She also said that I would hear back from her by email, either way. She said that if the HR team approved me, I would then be scheduled to interview with the Financial Advisor to whom I would be administrating and managing accounts for.

I think that Edward Jones is very professional and systematic about the way that they screen, approach, and make their decisions. But then again, they have to be. They are currently opening offices up all over Florida. Hope this helps someone who is interested in working at Edward Jones.

Interview Questions
    • Why would I select Edward Jones as my employer?   View Answer

BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones.

Phone interview went well a serious of questions of "Tell me a time when". I was told i did wonderful and would refer to me to Face to Face interview with the financial advisor.Face to face interview with the financial advisor was the same types of questions, was told would take a couple of weeks or month- never heard back.

Interview Questions
    • A time when you had to deal with conflict with your coworker.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Edward Jones in February 2014.

Offered Position. 6 weeks later I am still waiting for a start date. They now want a 1099 from a position I held 10 years ago, a copy of my college diploma & a deadline of 3 days to comply. I faxed it over the same day and still no response. There is reasonable and unreasonable. I am an experienced financial professional and I feel like I have not been treated well by my prospective employer. Not to mention a loss of 6 weeks.

No negotiation at all

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kansas City, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones in August 2013.

I went through a phone interview with the corporate office, then they matched me with a Financial Advisor who had an opening. I interviewed two or three times with that FA and was offered a job at the final interview. It was pretty easy, just a two-way discussion, where I stressed what I could do and that I had a strong work ethic and am dependable.

Interview Questions
    • It was a pleasant interview. I do remember being asked to recall an uncomfortable situation with a previous employer and relate how I dealt with it. I did so, and the FA seemed to be satisfied with my answer. Basically, the work is not that hard, especially if you know anything about the financial markets (stocks, bonds, mutual funds, etc). You need to be detail-oriented so that you stay on top of everything, and you should have a good personality and certainly a professional appearance because you will be dealing with clients. It is important that the clients like you and trust you, because they are the reason we come to work every day. With any luck, you will develop warm relationships with many of those clients. You are the face of the office, the first person they talk to when they call and the first person they see when they come in. You can make a real difference in how they perceive their EJ relationship. So the interviewer will be looking for someone who can make that good first impression and make clients feel welcome.   View Answer

BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview

I went to the website and sent in a resume. I got a email 2.5 weeks later asking me to fill out a application and to set up a time for an interview. I had 24 hours to fill out the application before the phone interview. The phone interview took about 20 minutes, it was a very pleasant experience, the interviewer was kind and patient. The interview was questions about my past employment, like when was a situation where you foresaw a problem and how did you handle it? It has now been 1 week since my phone interview, and I have heard nothing about a face to face interview, so this makes me believe I did not move on in the process.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not difficult, just situations on my past employment.   Answer Question

BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview

Interview process what smooth and simple. Interview was first on the phone with the broker and then in person with broker. Background and fingerprinting were required, but if you have no issues in your past this should not be a problem.

Interview Questions
    • I did not find that any thing was difficult or unexpected. All basic questions of goals, past history, why left previous employment, where do you want to be in 5 years etc... I am not sure if they have a set of standard questions they ask or if each broker has their own way of interviewing.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation with this company. You get an hourly wage from corporate that is based on their surveys of the area. There is absolutely no negotiation unless the broker wants to give you some of their commission. This was the part that I found frustrating. For the area that I worked in, they were grossly underpaying this position. This is also the reason why I left after 3 years.

BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Edward Jones in August 2013.

Applied for a BOA position. Got a call the next day from HR wanting to set up a phone interview. A phone interview was set up for 3 days later. Initially the rep is simply going over your resume, She next asked a series of "tell me a time when" questions. Approximately 6 question. The interview took about 30mins. She said she would pass my info on to the FA. Never heard back from a FA tho so not sure if even after you do well with the intial phone interview its still up to the FA to call you or if instead unbenounced to me the phone interview didn't go well.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of questions regarding "Tell me about a time when....."   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Clearwater, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Edward Jones in July 2010.

Hiring process took a long time.

Interview Questions

Worked for Edward Jones? Contribute to the Community!