Edward Jones

Getting the Interview

42 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Kansas City, KS

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones in August 2013.

Interview Details – I went through a phone interview with the corporate office, then they matched me with a Financial Advisor who had an opening. I interviewed two or three times with that FA and was offered a job at the final interview. It was pretty easy, just a two-way discussion, where I stressed what I could do and that I had a strong work ethic and am dependable.

Interview Question – It was a pleasant interview. I do remember being asked to recall an uncomfortable situation with a previous employer and relate how I dealt with it. I did so, and the FA seemed to be satisfied with my answer. Basically, the work is not that hard, especially if you know anything about the financial markets (stocks, bonds, mutual funds, etc). You need to be detail-oriented so that you stay on top of everything, and you should have a good personality and certainly a professional appearance because you will be dealing with clients. It is important that the clients like you and trust you, because they are the reason we come to work every day. With any luck, you will develop warm relationships with many of those clients. You are the face of the office, the first person they talk to when they call and the first person they see when they come in. You can make a real difference in how they perceive their EJ relationship. So the interviewer will be looking for someone who can make that good first impression and make clients feel welcome.   View Answer

Interviewed at Edward Jones

Interview Details – I went to the website and sent in a resume. I got a email 2.5 weeks later asking me to fill out a application and to set up a time for an interview. I had 24 hours to fill out the application before the phone interview. The phone interview took about 20 minutes, it was a very pleasant experience, the interviewer was kind and patient. The interview was questions about my past employment, like when was a situation where you foresaw a problem and how did you handle it? It has now been 1 week since my phone interview, and I have heard nothing about a face to face interview, so this makes me believe I did not move on in the process.

Interview Question – Questions were not difficult, just situations on my past employment.   Answer Question

BOA Branch Office Administrator

I applied online - interviewed at Edward Jones in August 2013.

Interview Details – Applied for a BOA position. Got a call the next day from HR wanting to set up a phone interview. A phone interview was set up for 3 days later. Initially the rep is simply going over your resume, She next asked a series of "tell me a time when" questions. Approximately 6 question. The interview took about 30mins. She said she would pass my info on to the FA. Never heard back from a FA tho so not sure if even after you do well with the intial phone interview its still up to the FA to call you or if instead unbenounced to me the phone interview didn't go well.

Interview Question – Lots of questions regarding "Tell me about a time when....."   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Interviewed at Edward Jones

Interview Details – Interview process what smooth and simple. Interview was first on the phone with the broker and then in person with broker. Background and fingerprinting were required, but if you have no issues in your past this should not be a problem.

Interview Question – I did not find that any thing was difficult or unexpected. All basic questions of goals, past history, why left previous employment, where do you want to be in 5 years etc... I am not sure if they have a set of standard questions they ask or if each broker has their own way of interviewing.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation with this company. You get an hourly wage from corporate that is based on their surveys of the area. There is absolutely no negotiation unless the broker wants to give you some of their commission. This was the part that I found frustrating. For the area that I worked in, they were grossly underpaying this position. This is also the reason why I left after 3 years.

Very Easy Interview

Clearwater, FL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Edward Jones in July 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring process took a long time.

Interview Question – Questions are basic.   Answer Question

BOA Branch Office Administrator

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview Details – Very thorough and professional. Met with the branch advisor and had an hour interview that was interesting and a good way to see the work environment. Had a phone interview that was also about an hour and was challenging in the questions, but again interesting and informative.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you worked with a difficult person or situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – We are planning to move away from this area, after all, and I didn't want to commit to a new employer, and then have to leave in a short time.

Interviewed at Edward Jones

Interview Details – Filled out an online application and was called back for a phone interview. After phone interview with company human resources recruiter I received a call back from the branch financial analyst. Set up a time for a face to face interview at the branch. Phone interview lasted approximately 35 minutes and branch interview was about 1 hour.

Interview Question – There were many behavioral/situational questions. Tell me a time when...   Answer Question

Montgomery, AL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview Details – The process is time consuming and you need to pass a background check.

Negotiation Details – Starting salary

Interviewed at Edward Jones

Interview Details – There were a few basic questions and I had to submit a resume. Never heard anything back from them unfortunately.

BOA Branch Office Administrator

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones in May 2009.

Interview Details – Your application can just sit around & get overlooked or never submitted, so you have to keep up with it. The interview process is long due to the back ground checks, from what I was told. The interview questions by both the FA's & corporate is average & nothing to be concerned with. My interview was more conversational.

Interview Question – Questions regarding your finances.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They low ball BOA's on pay. You must increase it by about $4-5 hr. & stand your ground.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Edward Jones

Worked for Edward Jones? Contribute to the Community!

Edward Jones Videos

Edward Jones – Why Work for Us?

A More Personal Approach to Success You know the financial services industry, but you may not know Edward Jones. We are a unique industry leader known for our more personal approach to business. From locating… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Edward Jones BOA Branch Office Administrator interview questions and advice. All 42 interview reviews posted anonymously by Edward Jones employees and interview candidates.