Edward Jones BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview Questions & Reviews

48 interviews

2.8

48 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones.

Very thorough and professional. Met with the branch advisor and had an hour interview that was interesting and a good way to see the work environment. Had a phone interview that was also about an hour and was challenging in the questions, but again interesting and informative.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you worked with a difficult person or situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

We are planning to move away from this area, after all, and I didn't want to commit to a new employer, and then have to leave in a short time.

Other Interview Reviews for Edward Jones

BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview

Filled out an online application and was called back for a phone interview. After phone interview with company human resources recruiter I received a call back from the branch financial analyst. Set up a time for a face to face interview at the branch. Phone interview lasted approximately 35 minutes and branch interview was about 1 hour.

Interview Questions
    • There were many behavioral/situational questions. Tell me a time when...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montgomery, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Edward Jones.

The process is time consuming and you need to pass a background check.

Starting salary

BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview

There were a few basic questions and I had to submit a resume. Never heard anything back from them unfortunately.

BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones in May 2009.

Your application can just sit around & get overlooked or never submitted, so you have to keep up with it. The interview process is long due to the back ground checks, from what I was told. The interview questions by both the FA's & corporate is average & nothing to be concerned with. My interview was more conversational.

Interview Questions
    They low ball BOA's on pay. You must increase it by about $4-5 hr. & stand your ground.

BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Edward Jones.

Very detailed interview and hiring process. You can be assured that they do a full back ground and criminal record check on you. As irritating as it is, I feel safe knowing how they look into all aspects of your life before they hire anyone

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember it's been so long...but it was a huge pain to find out where to get fingerprinted.   Answer Question

BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Edward Jones in April 2013.

I sent my resume and cover letter to Edward Jones, and was contacted via email about five days later that they wanted to set up an interview with me. I had to log in and schedule my interview time, and then I was given a link to an online application. The application was extremely long and detailed, and I had 24 hours to fill it out before my phone interview. I was then contacted via phone around my scheduled time. The interviewer was much like a robot, and asked me a series of situational questions such as "How would you handle a difficult customer?" and so on. It does require you to think on your feet, but is not much different from a regular interview. It lasted about half an hour. I wasn't offered a face-to-face interview, but I'm rather happy about that, as I found their process long and drawn out.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of when you had to anticipate a problem and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview

Phone interview with HR. Background check. Personal Interview with local individual.

Take it or leave it.

BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones.

Phone interview with Headquarters staff to determine applicant has suitable criteria based on hard copy application submitted online. Application is then passed to Financial Advisor and interview process begins and could take several weeks or over a month. Background check and finger printing paid for by firm when offer is made by firm and accepted. Little to no negotiating room with firm on salary, benefits, etc. Very standard administrative skill set.

Interview Questions
    • You may get a "BOA Hiring" rep that wants to impress you with how important their job is by pretending the position requires a high degree of skills, but know the interview process is relatively easy to prepare for by being straightforward and honest with your work history. Otherwise, there may be the usual 'dumb' questions because the financial advisor wants to impress you with their business acumen. If so, run quickly from the office. as the position is strictly administrative with some very 'scripted' marketing that is wholly dependent upon the advisor. There is plenty for the branch office administrator to do every day - in some ways, the job never ends. However, it is not difficult work, it is not dirty work, and it is not heavy work. It is repetitive, administrative, and highly regulated; it is a solitary position with lots of time spent working with the financial advisor doing whatever is asked of you to do to get clients into his/her office. You are expected to be in the office every day from beginning to end, expected to do every aspect of a marketing event from soup to nuts on a shoestring budget, you will earn your paycheck and not much more, you will get benefits and their value is worthy in today's employment climate. Don't forget - it's just a job.   Answer Question
    There is none. Take it or leave it.

BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Edward Jones.

Very tedious-complete and total background check. They need to know every job that I have held and the reason I left. If I was let go from the company they ask me and the company why. Prepare for a complete background check-do not hide anything because they will ask you.

Interview Questions
    • The questions they ask in the interviews are meant to be complicated, so be prepared. They rephrase questions and want every answer in detail, they want specific examples.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, the hourly wage offered was set in stone.