Edward Jones

Employer Engaged

Edward Jones BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview Questions

2.8

BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview

There were a few basic questions and I had to submit a resume. Never heard anything back from them unfortunately.

Other Interview Reviews for Edward Jones

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones in August 2013.

I went through a phone interview with the corporate office, then they matched me with a Financial Advisor who had an opening. I interviewed two or three times with that FA and was offered a job at the final interview. It was pretty easy, just a two-way discussion, where I stressed what I could do and that I had a strong work ethic and am dependable.

Interview Questions
    • It was a pleasant interview. I do remember being asked to recall an uncomfortable situation with a previous employer and relate how I dealt with it. I did so, and the FA seemed to be satisfied with my answer. Basically, the work is not that hard, especially if you know anything about the financial markets (stocks, bonds, mutual funds, etc). You need to be detail-oriented so that you stay on top of everything, and you should have a good personality and certainly a professional appearance because you will be dealing with clients. It is important that the clients like you and trust you, because they are the reason we come to work every day. With any luck, you will develop warm relationships with many of those clients. You are the face of the office, the first person they talk to when they call and the first person they see when they come in. You can make a real difference in how they perceive their EJ relationship. So the interviewer will be looking for someone who can make that good first impression and make clients feel welcome.   View Answer

BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Edward Jones in August 2013.

Applied for a BOA position. Got a call the next day from HR wanting to set up a phone interview. A phone interview was set up for 3 days later. Initially the rep is simply going over your resume, She next asked a series of "tell me a time when" questions. Approximately 6 question. The interview took about 30mins. She said she would pass my info on to the FA. Never heard back from a FA tho so not sure if even after you do well with the intial phone interview its still up to the FA to call you or if instead unbenounced to me the phone interview didn't go well.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of questions regarding "Tell me about a time when....."   Answer Question

BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Edward Jones.

Very detailed interview and hiring process. You can be assured that they do a full back ground and criminal record check on you. As irritating as it is, I feel safe knowing how they look into all aspects of your life before they hire anyone

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember it's been so long...but it was a huge pain to find out where to get fingerprinted.   Answer Question

BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Edward Jones in April 2013.

I sent my resume and cover letter to Edward Jones, and was contacted via email about five days later that they wanted to set up an interview with me. I had to log in and schedule my interview time, and then I was given a link to an online application. The application was extremely long and detailed, and I had 24 hours to fill it out before my phone interview. I was then contacted via phone around my scheduled time. The interviewer was much like a robot, and asked me a series of situational questions such as "How would you handle a difficult customer?" and so on. It does require you to think on your feet, but is not much different from a regular interview. It lasted about half an hour. I wasn't offered a face-to-face interview, but I'm rather happy about that, as I found their process long and drawn out.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of when you had to anticipate a problem and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones.

Phone interview with Headquarters staff to determine applicant has suitable criteria based on hard copy application submitted online. Application is then passed to Financial Advisor and interview process begins and could take several weeks or over a month. Background check and finger printing paid for by firm when offer is made by firm and accepted. Little to no negotiating room with firm on salary, benefits, etc. Very standard administrative skill set.

Interview Questions
    • You may get a "BOA Hiring" rep that wants to impress you with how important their job is by pretending the position requires a high degree of skills, but know the interview process is relatively easy to prepare for by being straightforward and honest with your work history. Otherwise, there may be the usual 'dumb' questions because the financial advisor wants to impress you with their business acumen. If so, run quickly from the office. as the position is strictly administrative with some very 'scripted' marketing that is wholly dependent upon the advisor. There is plenty for the branch office administrator to do every day - in some ways, the job never ends. However, it is not difficult work, it is not dirty work, and it is not heavy work. It is repetitive, administrative, and highly regulated; it is a solitary position with lots of time spent working with the financial advisor doing whatever is asked of you to do to get clients into his/her office. You are expected to be in the office every day from beginning to end, expected to do every aspect of a marketing event from soup to nuts on a shoestring budget, you will earn your paycheck and not much more, you will get benefits and their value is worthy in today's employment climate. Don't forget - it's just a job.   Answer Question
    There is none. Take it or leave it.

BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview

Phone interview with HR. Background check. Personal Interview with local individual.

Take it or leave it.

BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Edward Jones.

Very tedious-complete and total background check. They need to know every job that I have held and the reason I left. If I was let go from the company they ask me and the company why. Prepare for a complete background check-do not hide anything because they will ask you.

Interview Questions
    • The questions they ask in the interviews are meant to be complicated, so be prepared. They rephrase questions and want every answer in detail, they want specific examples.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, the hourly wage offered was set in stone.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones in June 2012.

Over the phone after applying on line. They will then forward request to the Financial Advisor, who will then schedule a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe what you would do if... (different scenarios).   Answer Question

Series 7 and 66 required.

BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones in March 2012.

Application includes a long personality test. Home office sets up an initial phone interview with BOA recruiting, if you pass that then you have 2 interviews with the financial advisor. Home office calls with an offer after the second interview, background checks and finger printing take a couple of weeks to process before you can start in the branch. My total hiring from start to finish took about 1.5 months.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had difficulty communicating with someone. How did you solve it?   Answer Question