Edward Jones Branch Office Administrator Interview Questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Edward Jones (San Diego, CA).

Interview

My interview process took 3 months. After the interview and acceptance of the wage per hour is was 3 weeks before the first day of work.

Negotiation

There are no negotiations. Their hourly wage offer is what you you will receive.

Other Interview Reviews for Edward Jones

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Edward Jones (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

Prior to the interview EJ sends you a 17 page employment application. That's no exaggeration. Fortunately, it's a read/write PDF. I completed it and tried to fax it back to St. Louis, as directed. The fax number given to me was wrong - it was a private voice line. Finally sent it to an alternative number. Incidentally, the app asks for your date of birth. The interviewer was your typical HR moron. She knew absolutely nothing about the job I was interviewing for, and could not ask any intelligent questions about me or my suitability. Instead, she read verbatim (from a script, apparently) approximately 7 'behavioral questions' asking me to identify situations and how I handled them in previous jobs. She then very painstakingly transcribed my answers. I was on the phone an hour.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a particularly challenging situation in a past job, and how you addressed the issues, blah, blah, blah   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time in which you were working on a deadline driven project and an important client came in and needed attention. How did you manage the 2 competing priorities, blah blah blah.   Answer Question

Branch Office Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Edward Jones in June 2011.

Interview

Did 1:1 interview with FA. Then did phone interview with HR rep from headquarters. Lot's of specific behavioral questions for both. The questions were a little ridiculous in terms of how specific the situation has to be. No one's memory is that good. FA was very professional, so was the HR rep. Had to complete the application before the phone interview. The application was long and detailed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to put yourself in someone's shoes.   Answer Question

Branch Office Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Edward Jones in November 2010.

Interview

Arrived at the appointed time and the interviewer said he / she was ill and could we reschedule. Never called me back. I now believe it was just to 'see' me. I don't know if it was for the purpose of age, 'looks', etc.