Edward Jones

3.3

218 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nowhere, OK
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nowhere, OK

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones.

Very detailed.

I'm a customer and clicked on the job tab while looking at my account sent a note, and was quickly contacted by a recruiter.

After a few questions with a recruiter, I was sent a tab to apply on-line. Again, a quick note saying that they liked the initial information and I was invited to continue. I was also invited to a recruiting event that I did attend and enjoyed!

Overall, I went through several steps including on-line applications, face-to-face interview with a local advisor, a telephone interview with a recruiting manager, and a "Day in the Life" simulation.

About an hour after completing the "Day in the Life" simulation, I was called and told that I passed and an offer would be extended within a few days.

I received the offer and I was happy with it. I'll be making far less this year than I have in years in my former career due to the training period but the earnings potential once a "go live" date is given is limited only by myself.

From first contact to the offer being received was about 8 weeks.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing really unexpected or anything that I haven't been asked before. The "Day in the Life" had a few curves thrown at me but I won't pass that on as I'd like to protect the integrity of the exercise.   Answer Question
No negotiation. They base your stripend if you are new to the industry on previous pay history.

Other Interview Reviews for Edward Jones

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones.

I have been through the phone screening portion of the Edward Jones Financial Advisor hiring process. It was pretty simple and straight forward if you are following the interviewing basics; know the company you are interviewing for, know your resume, and have some intelligent and genuine questions ready. Its designed to be a 45 minute phone call, my particular conversation went on over an hour due to some of my questions regarding the FORCES program. The interview was professional and attentive. My next step in the process is the formal sit down interview. I will update as I go through the process.

*UPDATE: I have just had my sit down interview. It went really well. Its a beefed up version of the phone screening; they asked you the typical "What did you do in this certain situation" and so on...STAR format. He asked the same questions relating to the nature of the job as they did on the phone screening. Overall it was a typical interview...just make sure you have examples ready for those random interview questions. Also make sure you understand what this job is and how hard it can be to start out. Also have some intelligent questions ready for the end of the interview.
    After I completed the interview, we shook hands, exchanged pleasantries and I left. I couldn't read my interviewer on how I did...BUT...after fretting for a long 20 mins I got a call from my phone screener and was invited to move on the the next step...the business plan. Movement! Anyways, almost everything on the business seems self explanatory, except for one part that wants you to talk about numbers. I plan on reaching out to some FAs I know about this.
    I will keep updating this.

Interview Questions
    • This isn't a difficult question, but they asked if you understand what the job entails...that is...going door to door building your books and so on. She asked me many times if I understood this and how difficult it may be. I would recommend linking up with a current FA before the phone screening, it gives more strength to your claim that you understand what the career entails.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones in January 2015.

Its a long process. First of all I applied online. After that I received an email with a full description of the hiring process. There are 10 steps to get hired at EJ. I went until step number 8. The personal interview. After that comes the business plan and the real day in life of a financial Advisor. All questions are star method

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Edward Jones.

2-3 month process with phone interviews ranging from recruiters to regional mangers. Very thorough and open with all their answers. They address new advisers hurdles and do not sugar coat them.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have a problem starting from the ground up? Knocking on doors if you have to?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones.

Submitted resume. First interview via phone with Sr. Rectuiter. Second interview was a face to face interview with an FA. Was then asked to complete a business plan. Third interview was over the phone to discuss business plan and answer a series of questions related to my background. I am awaiting the Day In The Life office simulation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Edward Jones.

The hiring process was a very long and drawn out process, but after seeing what retention ratios are in the industry can see why they require it to be so long. It ended up taking me almost two months to go through the process, but what I really like was that employees would reach out to you and help you out along the way

Interview Questions
    • What experience in your past makes you good for helping a difficult client who has lost money in the market.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation on salary due to the program I qualified for.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Edward Jones.

Phone and in person interviews, background check, business plan, job simulation, drug test etc. It was important to think ahead of time about my accomplishments and describe them in terms of how they made a difference, found new business and generated revenue/profits for my prior employers. This is especially important when you are changing careers, you have to be good at demonstrating how the things you learned and accomplished in a different field apply to the self-managing, 'think like a business owner' scenario of being a Financial Advisor.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked specifically how I would build my business because nothing is automatically given to a new FA, you have to create your own success and be willing to knock on doors.   View Answer
    There is a set salary from the beginning, and this comp plan for new hires has gotten better and better since the time I joined the firm.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Edward Jones.

I applied online and then received an email stating they would like to schedule a phone interview. I had to schedule it online. I had to schedule it four weeks down the line. I had the phone interview and it was very basic and was told I'd get a call back regarding the process.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Edward Jones.

I initially applied in January and first had contact with someone by phone. I then had another phone interview and then a face to face interview in the area where I would be located at with another financial advisor. I then had a computer related test "Day in the Life of a Financial Advisor" is what it was called. Very basic but this is where most people wash out at from what I've heard.

Interview Questions
    • Doing the computer related part of the interview is where most people wash out at.   Answer Question
    Wasn't really a negotiation phase. They offered a base salary plus commission and I was satisified with that.

Financial Advisor Interview

Applied online and was contacted for a brief phone interview. I passed that and was then sent a email inviting me to a non mandatory open house I unfortunately could not make it to that specific date and 1 hour time slot. I called to follow up and sent emails never heard a word back.