Edward Jones Financial Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

3.4

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Edward Jones (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Lengthy, People were nice and kind willing to help many steps to go through Some advice....? Be yourself! have some original ideas and do not waste too much time on the business plan because nobody reads it! they asked me on the second interview things that I wrote in the business plan. i said where in the business plan they should look and they still didn't know what i was talking about. i had to specify the page number and the row for them to find what they were looking for (and that was after they allegedly red it).

Interview Questions

• how do you see yourself in 10 years   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Edward Jones

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

The process has changed since I started, but expect to have a phone interview. Easy questions about yourself. Then you will go for a in person interview. Followed by the simulation. During the four hour assessment make suer you make your calls and answer the emails. What ever you do, do not miss the scheduled appointments. You will not make it pass this stage if you forget!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. You get the base that is offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Edward Jones (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

The process has been great thus far. You can truly tell the company cares about only hiring key personnel. There is the 10 step hiring process and I am currently working on step number 8, which is the last interview before the day in the life virtual activity. I STRONGLY suggest anyone looking to find a career here to find a mentor within the company who can get you on the right path to success.

Interview Questions

• Standard situational questions. Have detailed examples ready!   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

Long but able to get through at good pace with time to prepare for each phase of the process. Given opportunity to schedule each interview not to interrupt daily work tasks which already exist.

Interview Questions

• What are your career goals?   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

I was interviewed 5 times, 3 times by phone and 2 times in person with firm partners. There is a 4 hour "day in the life" process which was confusing. A number of successful FA's said they would have never gotten the job if that part of the interview process had be in place when they applied. It seems the rules changed during the training process. The metrics are a moving target.

Interview Questions

• It was an entire process and I am not sure why I was particularly chosen over any other potential candidate.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was made an offer of the base salary based on a % of my salary at my last job,

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process took about 5-6 weeks, after each step a response was provided in a timely matter but I wish that the company would have been clear to begin with about the compensation and not make me have to do the whole process to find out they offered less than I currently make.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you overcame a problem with a client.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Edward Jones in May 2015.

Interview

Long, About 2.5 months. I went to the "day in the life" stage after being told I was given very high marks in the in person interview. The technology is confusing and not conducive to a "quick read" for the 4 hour test. They didn't tell me there was a four hour assessment through out the whole process up until the end. The assessment is run by a vendor which means all of the prior interviewing is thrown out the window and your fate is decided by the vendor's staff rather than anyone at Edward Jones that you have previously dealt with. Why would anyone put their fate in the hands on anonymous people....why don't they make this the first stage and save everyone a lot of time and effort.

Interview Questions

• How would I be able to find 25 quality contacts per day.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Edward Jones (Scottsdale, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

It's a 10 step hiring process and this review is based upon the phone screen, just prior to the formal interview. Interview questions were formal, inclusive of also a little bit of small talk.

Interview Questions

• Talk about an accompaniment you had, and describe the steps you took to get there, and the outcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Texarkana, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones (Texarkana, AR) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process is a multi-step process that requires a lot of hoop-jumping and can take months, but it's a good idea of the work you will be doing. There were multiple phone screens, employment, background, and credit reviews, an in-person interview, a business plan submission, and a virtual "day in the life " activity which you need a quiet place and 4 hours to complete.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were given criticism and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

Git up to phone interview portion. The process is a bit long but its worth the effort because they take you seriously. Be prepared to answers some situational questions. Their response time is very fast so you know quickly how far you are in the process. They will ask about your experience because they tailor your offer package according to your experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a situation that was difficult and how you manged to overcome it.   Answer Question