Edward Jones Financial Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Edward Jones (Scottsdale, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

It's a 10 step hiring process and this review is based upon the phone screen, just prior to the formal interview. Interview questions were formal, inclusive of also a little bit of small talk.

Interview Questions

• Talk about an accompaniment you had, and describe the steps you took to get there, and the outcome.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Edward Jones

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

Git up to phone interview portion. The process is a bit long but its worth the effort because they take you seriously. Be prepared to answers some situational questions. Their response time is very fast so you know quickly how far you are in the process. They will ask about your experience because they tailor your offer package according to your experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a situation that was difficult and how you manged to overcome it.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

Went through multiple rounds. The very last round is a day in the field of an FA. However with no experience it's so open ended that clearly one will be lost. People are friendly and helpful but the final round seemed strange after going through everything. Talk to someone who works there before this rounds.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

I contacted an FA for the area in which I wished to become an advisor. I developed a rapport with him and he forwarded my information to the recruiter who contacted me as well. I applied, submitted my resume, and completed the phone interview. I had a face to face interview with a local FA due to my school schedule so I did not have to travel during school. The face to face was alright but after a few days, I found out the FA did not think I was ready to be an advisor. This was very disappointing because I felt that I was a good fit for the position but I did discover after the fact that many current FA's did not get hired during their first attempt. You have to wait one year to apply again.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones (San Diego, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Met at a recruiting meeting for multiple candidates. Very informative. Supportive atmosphere and other FA's were very open to answering questions. After this, you can send in a resume to be reviewed. If you meet the requirements, you are invited to do a phone screen, followed by a face-to-face with a FA in the region. The next round involves talking to another recruiter on the phone, followed by one more 4-hour interview in the field.

This is only the first phone screen portion.

Interview Questions

• Why Edward Jones? Why am I a good fit for the role? Describe a specific time when you had to explain something complicated to another person, and how did you go about it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nowhere, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones (Nowhere, OK).

Interview

Very detailed.

I'm a customer and clicked on the job tab while looking at my account sent a note, and was quickly contacted by a recruiter.

After a few questions with a recruiter, I was sent a tab to apply on-line. Again, a quick note saying that they liked the initial information and I was invited to continue. I was also invited to a recruiting event that I did attend and enjoyed!

Overall, I went through several steps including on-line applications, face-to-face interview with a local advisor, a telephone interview with a recruiting manager, and a "Day in the Life" simulation.

About an hour after completing the "Day in the Life" simulation, I was called and told that I passed and an offer would be extended within a few days.

I received the offer and I was happy with it. I'll be making far less this year than I have in years in my former career due to the training period but the earnings potential once a "go live" date is given is limited only by myself.

From first contact to the offer being received was about 8 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really unexpected or anything that I haven't been asked before. The "Day in the Life" had a few curves thrown at me but I won't pass that on as I'd like to protect the integrity of the exercise.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. They base your stripend if you are new to the industry on previous pay history.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

I have been through the phone screening portion of the Edward Jones Financial Advisor hiring process. It was pretty simple and straight forward if you are following the interviewing basics; know the company you are interviewing for, know your resume, and have some intelligent and genuine questions ready. Its designed to be a 45 minute phone call, my particular conversation went on over an hour due to some of my questions regarding the FORCES program. The interview was professional and attentive. My next step in the process is the formal sit down interview. I will update as I go through the process.

*UPDATE: I have just had my sit down interview. It went really well. Its a beefed up version of the phone screening; they asked you the typical "What did you do in this certain situation" and so on...STAR format. He asked the same questions relating to the nature of the job as they did on the phone screening. Overall it was a typical interview...just make sure you have examples ready for those random interview questions. Also make sure you understand what this job is and how hard it can be to start out. Also have some intelligent questions ready for the end of the interview.
    After I completed the interview, we shook hands, exchanged pleasantries and I left. I couldn't read my interviewer on how I did...BUT...after fretting for a long 20 mins I got a call from my phone screener and was invited to move on the the next step...the business plan. Movement! Anyways, almost everything on the business seems self explanatory, except for one part that wants you to talk about numbers. I plan on reaching out to some FAs I know about this.
    I will keep updating this.

Interview Questions

• This isn't a difficult question, but they asked if you understand what the job entails...that is...going door to door building your books and so on. She asked me many times if I understood this and how difficult it may be. I would recommend linking up with a current FA before the phone screening, it gives more strength to your claim that you understand what the career entails.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones in January 2015.

Interview

Its a long process. First of all I applied online. After that I received an email with a full description of the hiring process. There are 10 steps to get hired at EJ. I went until step number 8. The personal interview. After that comes the business plan and the real day in life of a financial Advisor. All questions are star method

Interview Questions

• Why we should spend 100K on you?   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

2-3 month process with phone interviews ranging from recruiters to regional mangers. Very thorough and open with all their answers. They address new advisers hurdles and do not sugar coat them.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a problem starting from the ground up? Knocking on doors if you have to?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

Submitted resume. First interview via phone with Sr. Rectuiter. Second interview was a face to face interview with an FA. Was then asked to complete a business plan. Third interview was over the phone to discuss business plan and answer a series of questions related to my background. I am awaiting the Day In The Life office simulation.