Edward Jones

Updated Dec 17, 2014

3.3

212 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Edward Jones.

2-3 month process with phone interviews ranging from recruiters to regional mangers. Very thorough and open with all their answers. They address new advisers hurdles and do not sugar coat them.

Interview Questions
  • Do you have a problem starting from the ground up? Knocking on doors if you have to?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Edward Jones

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones.

Submitted resume. First interview via phone with Sr. Rectuiter. Second interview was a face to face interview with an FA. Was then asked to complete a business plan. Third interview was over the phone to discuss business plan and answer a series of questions related to my background. I am awaiting the Day In The Life office simulation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Edward Jones.

The hiring process was a very long and drawn out process, but after seeing what retention ratios are in the industry can see why they require it to be so long. It ended up taking me almost two months to go through the process, but what I really like was that employees would reach out to you and help you out along the way

Interview Questions
    • What experience in your past makes you good for helping a difficult client who has lost money in the market.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation on salary due to the program I qualified for.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Edward Jones.

Phone and in person interviews, background check, business plan, job simulation, drug test etc. It was important to think ahead of time about my accomplishments and describe them in terms of how they made a difference, found new business and generated revenue/profits for my prior employers. This is especially important when you are changing careers, you have to be good at demonstrating how the things you learned and accomplished in a different field apply to the self-managing, 'think like a business owner' scenario of being a Financial Advisor.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked specifically how I would build my business because nothing is automatically given to a new FA, you have to create your own success and be willing to knock on doors.   View Answer
    There is a set salary from the beginning, and this comp plan for new hires has gotten better and better since the time I joined the firm.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Edward Jones.

I applied online and then received an email stating they would like to schedule a phone interview. I had to schedule it online. I had to schedule it four weeks down the line. I had the phone interview and it was very basic and was told I'd get a call back regarding the process.

Financial Advisor Interview

Applied online and was contacted for a brief phone interview. I passed that and was then sent a email inviting me to a non mandatory open house I unfortunately could not make it to that specific date and 1 hour time slot. I called to follow up and sent emails never heard a word back.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Edward Jones.

I initially applied in January and first had contact with someone by phone. I then had another phone interview and then a face to face interview in the area where I would be located at with another financial advisor. I then had a computer related test "Day in the Life of a Financial Advisor" is what it was called. Very basic but this is where most people wash out at from what I've heard.

Interview Questions
    • Doing the computer related part of the interview is where most people wash out at.   Answer Question
    Wasn't really a negotiation phase. They offered a base salary plus commission and I was satisified with that.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Edward Jones.

I have my day in the life assessment in a couple of days. So far the process has been EXACTLY what they said it would. Everyone I've spoken with had been extremely nice and helpful. Even new FA's who don't even know me have taken their time to give me advice on the process.
    The questions they ask haven't been too difficult. What I've been told over and over and I really do believe is "just be yourself" and if it's meant to be it will happen.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time a goal was set for you and how you went about meeting that goal.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Too regimentated and methodical. No room for ambiguity in the process. If you don't have a sterling and impeccable U4/U5 as a former advisor, you are stymied in the process at the outset (during the background check by Compliance after the initial phone screening). The interview process (and, I presume, the job itself) is glorified boot camp with no room for individuality or creative expression. You become an Edward Jones boot camp enrollee.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones.

The process is as most everyone has described and very similar to what EJ (Edward Jones) tell you it will be. Normally takes 30-45 days to complete. Be forewarned that after your initial phone screening with the recruiter they will start the background check process and call your current employer to verify employment.

Look, if you want a place to hang your hat and spend your career making the lowest $$$ in the financial services industry, EJ is the place to go. If you want to actually make good $$$ and be your own boss and own your books and get a big payout when you retire, don't go to EJ.

Interview Questions
    • There are no difficult questions. They are all read from a script. Everyone I interviewed with was horrible at interviewing.   View Answer

Pay is crap. You must drink a lot of the green EJ Kool-Aid to survive.