Edward Jones

3.8

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Edward Jones in March 2011.

There were a total of four interviews. A shorter 30 minute phone interview, a longer 60 minute personality interview, an in person 60 minute interview and then a 30 minute PASS interview. Before the in person interview, you had to door knock at least 15 people and introduce yourself to get used to the experience. There was also a background check, fingerprinting and a personality quiz.

Interview Questions
  • Introducing yourself to 15 people was challenging. One person I met was rather inappropriate and I didn't want to continue, but I explained my situation to home office who was very concerned and did not make me finish. They also gave types to me in the future.   Answer Question
No negotiation involved.

Other Interview Reviews for Edward Jones

Financial Advisor PASS Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Edward Jones in April 2012.

I already work as an assistant to an advisor, so I believe my chances were higher. I had a Financial Advisor in my region refer me to the PASS program. First you submit your resume online, if you were refered then you will get an email prompting you to submit your resume. A recruiter will review your resume and then ask you to fill out their application, it is very extensive and needs to include the previous ten years of work including salaries. Next I had a phone screen that included a few "tell me a time..." questions. Then I was set up to have a face to face interview with a local advisor that consisted of the same type of "tell me a time when.." questions. After this interview the next step is doing surveys and a business plan. You need to go knock on the doors of homes and a few business's and try and get people to answer a few questions about the area. You cannot tell them you are with Edward Jones, it's tough but it gives you an idea of door knocking. During this step you are also asked to write a business plan, however they do provide you with the outline so it is more like answering questions. You are allowed to utilize whatever resources you can think of such as, their website or even getting help from a local adivsor. You will have one week to complete both the surveys and the business plan. After this was complete, I then had one final interview on the phone that talked about why I wanted to be an advisor, why Edward Jones, discussed the survey activity and business plan, and included a few more "tell me a time when.." questions. At the end of the call I was notifed she would be recommending me to the PASS program (basically that means you are hired). They have you listen to a conference call about the program and then you are set up with a start date, as long as you are still interested in the program. Expect to not start right away, the program fills up pretty fast and I won't even be starting as an adivsor until August. Totally worth it though, this firm is amazing. I have not received my hire packet yet since I just barelyl found out, but I am sure I will be getting finger printed and taking a drug test in the next week. The process is very long, and my biggest recommendation is to just be yourself. If you are excited about the opportunity, let it show! They are looking for someone with excitement and determination!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to evaluate someone's situation and advice them what to do based on their cicumstances.   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you had to explain something complicated to a client, and how you got them to understand.   Answer Question
    None

Financial Advisor PASS Associate Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones in April 2012.

It was a hard interview, be ready for STAR questions and think of things your going to talk about before. Overall they just want to know if you will fit within there company culture. Most likely will get moved on through the whole process, sounds like a good opportunity if you willing to put in the work. I got in trouble with the law during the interview process so I was dropped. Otherwise just basic interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you worked hard at something and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor PASS Associate Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones in April 2010.

Two phone interviews and one face to face interview

Interview Questions
    • The second interview is the hardest, it's a behavior based interview (describe a time that you...)   Answer Question
    Pay is not negotiable, but I believe vacation time is.

Financial Advisor PASS Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones in January 2012.

Be yourself in the interview and it should be fine. It is a multi-step process, and you will have to speak to different people before you are even considered for the position. Do not fret about the question too much, just try to be prepared with some real world examples.

Interview Questions
    • Name one time when you had to deal with a difficult situation and how you addressed the situation.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor PASS Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones in February 2012.

The hiring process with Edward Jones was long and in-depth, but the entire experience was positive and I highly recommend applying to the company. My hiring process consisted of seven separate steps:
    1) Initial online application
    2) Second online application (which took about 5 hours to complete)
    3) Office meeting with local Financial Advisor to ask questions (this was not an interview, but a chance to learn more about the company and the position before proceeding with the process)
    4) Phone interview which lasted 75 minutes (covered legal questions, resume, and behavioral type questions)
    5) Criminal and credit background checks
    6) Door-to-door survey activity
    7) In-person interview with veteran Financial Advisor (my interview lasted 2 hours but felt more like a conversation of my career goals and not a "typical" interview)

What I recommend during the process:
    Practice STAR interview technique for phone interview.
    Prepare specific, detailed questions to ask a Financial Advisor.
    Establish a goal of 25 completed surveys for activity (setting your goal less than 25 does not reflect well since EJ requires 25 quality contacts for the actual position - aim to complete more than 25, but do not set your minimum at only 10 or 15).
    Ask questions at every stage of the process - when asked "Do you have any questions?" NEVER answer "no".
    Go into your final interview with confidence and answer questions with a conversational tone.
    Send a "Thank You" letter to the Advisor who has you visit his/her office, to the person who conducts your phone interview, and to the Advisor who conducts your final interview. This is extremely important!

Every person at Edward Jones who I spoke with and met with during my hiring process was extremely professional and encouraging. I felt respected as an individual and was offered advice and additional help from several of the members at headquarters and both Financial Advisors I met with. My Talent Acquisition Recruiter stayed in regular contact with me and kept me informed about where I was in the process. Although this is a very competitive field and the job requires tons of time and effort, I believe Edward Jones is the best in the industry and provides incredible support to each of their employees.

Financial Advisor PASS Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Edward Jones in February 2012.

The interview began with a phone screen. I was asked many behaviorial based questions and was notified at the end that I will move to the next round. The next round consisted of a face to face interview. I was notified the next day that I made it to the next round which consisted of a survey activity and business plan. I would recommend speaking with a financial advisor for help on the business plan when it comes to estimating your numbers. The next round was a interview with the talent acquisition's manager over the phone to discuss the plan and survey. The next part was to attend an informational session before they offer the position. Its really important to complete the survey activity with at leaat 25 quality contacts to get a feel for what it is really like.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a goal that you set for yourself and how did you take steps on acheiving it?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Edward Jones in March 2012.

First Jones is large on finding candidates who have previous banking or investment experience. But for those fresh out of college Jones offers one of the best training programs for new advisors.

First you will have to conduct normally two or three phone interviews followed by a thorough ten year background check and fingerprint scan. As well as a personality test. Normally you will have to conduct a short survey within your community going door to door or business to business seeing if meeting people and introducing yourself is something you could be good or comfortable doing as a career. If you make in to the interview you normally will interview with a veteran advisor who is a General Partner in the area. If you make it past that you will be hired on as a trainee and begin studying for both your series 7 and 66. Upon successful passing of both those licensed tests you will begin attending training classes in wide range of investments as well how Jones services its clients and potential clients.

Overall the hiring process could take two months but that is expected within a highly regulated employment occupation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Edward Jones in July 2011.

Has at least 4 interviews. All phone interview, they asked a lot of behavioral questions. After the first 3 interviews you complete a survey and Business Plan in order to see if you are willing to go out and meet people and to plan out how you will run your business.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you were challenged in working with team members, what did you do and how did your actions help the team.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you had to overcome a tough project. What did you do to help and what was the outcome of your actions.   Answer Question

I did not want to go door to door asking for business.