Edward Jones

Average Difficulty
25 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Northeast, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones in June 2014.

Interview Details – As discussed in other posts, the process is about 8 steps. Application, phone interview, 1 on 1 interview, business plan, recruiter interview, background check, and the infamous Virtual "Day-in-the-Life" Assessment where they give you 8-hours of work to do in 4-hours with actors who throw all kinds of BS at you. After all that, the recruiter and/or talent acquisition guys didn't even call me to give feedback. I just got a VM message from my EJ FA expressing disappointment that there would be no offer. WTF?

Interview Question – During the assessment -- cold calling and being put on 'hold' indefinitely, having a transactional problem and not knowing the policy to handle it, a flighty, fruit-loop administrator, super slow moving platform for email, calendar, documents, etc.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Trainee

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones in January 2014.

Interview Details – It was long. I had 3 or 4 different phone interviews and 2 face to face interviews. They are very thorough and ask many questions involving my prior experiences and situational experiences. Had to quickly recall some situations where I had to problem solve or give excellent customer service. Just be prepared for these types of questions.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you went above and beyond the call of duty at your last position.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Trainee

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Edward Jones in June 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process is very in depth and multi facet, takes at least 30 days. I had a mentor who helped me through the process. .which was great...Once you get hired, you are on your own with the self study and test...

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to persuade someone to do something that the didn't want to do...
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Commission pay

Very Difficult Interview

Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview Details – long grueling process that will challenge you. I have never been though such a long process. It will challenge you but it is necessary to weed out those with the real desire to do this job. Everyone is welcoming and positive. I have never met people so focused on achieving. I really felt challenged and wanted the job even more.

Interview Question – Day In the life- this is toughest exercise I have everbeenthrough   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation. I had a successful business so i was offered top of starting range

Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones in May 2010.

Interview Details – Process was one month long. Several stages and spoke with several people and took aptitude tests. One person was constant through the process and explained, in detail what to expect in the next step of the hiring process. I had two interviews with Financial Advisors in two different cities apx one hour in each direction. One interviewer was male and one female. I was strongly encouraged to "follow the system" and success is going to happen.

Interview Question – Most questions were very straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation for Trainees.

Financial Advisor Trainee

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview Details – Got phone call, met with one advisor, then got a phone call for follow-up interview. Was told to get 25 contacts by knocking on doors and bring them to the interview. Interview was easy, you interview with another financial advisor, as long as you complete the exercise you should get the job.

Interview Question – How do you handle rejection?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Trainee

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones in March 2014.

Interview Details – I don't have much to add. As others have said, the process takes a long time and has a lot of steps, 10 steps I think. I made it to the virtual day in the life assessment, which is where I got cut, so I wanted to give advice about that. Please look in Most Difficult or Unexpected Question.

Interview Question – The virtual day in the life assessment. You log in and have clients, email and lead lists, all fictional of course. This is the final step before notification.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Financial Advisor Trainee

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Edward Jones in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through an email online and emailed back and forth within a weeks time to see if I was the right fit. From there I went to a phone screening which was very easy, just character questions and how I handled situations. Probably 4-5 weeks later I received an offer for a summer trainee job.

Interview Question – The interview was very easy. Only character questions and wanting to know more about you and how you handled situations and past experiences you have had.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate my offer, but I was able to name the location on where I wanted to work.

Very Difficult Interview

Financial Advisor Trainee

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones in May 2013.

Interview Details – Edward Jones has a long, lengthy hiring process. You have a couple of phone interviews, and are invited to attend a career session to learn more about the company. There is a face to face interview with an experience FA. You have to complete a business plan and answer questions on how you will market your business. The process becomes more challenging when you are asked to go door-to-door in the community and conduct a marketing survey. After filling out several forms and submitting to background checks you are given the final challenge. This is the most difficult portion as they put you in a simulation where you are supposed to live a day in the life of a FA. At anytime if you fail any portion of this process you are not considered for the job.

Interview Question – The virtual simulation is the most difficult. If you are not comfortable in sales and selling product then this is not the job for you. Although they say you do not need prior sales experience, this simulation expects you to showcase those sales skills.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Trainee

I applied online and interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview Details – I did the online application for a financial advisor trainee. I got the regular, expected questions, but one thing that bothered me was regarding my credit. I was told I had to submit the names, amounts owned and payment arraignments of any charge-offs, etc. Sorry, no thank you!!

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Edward Jones?   Answer Question

Worked for Edward Jones? Contribute to the Community!