Edward Jones

18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Financial Advisor Trainee

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Edward Jones in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through an email online and emailed back and forth within a weeks time to see if I was the right fit. From there I went to a phone screening which was very easy, just character questions and how I handled situations. Probably 4-5 weeks later I received an offer for a summer trainee job.

Interview Question – The interview was very easy. Only character questions and wanting to know more about you and how you handled situations and past experiences you have had.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate my offer, but I was able to name the location on where I wanted to work.

Very Difficult Interview

Financial Advisor Trainee

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones in May 2013.

Interview Details – Edward Jones has a long, lengthy hiring process. You have a couple of phone interviews, and are invited to attend a career session to learn more about the company. There is a face to face interview with an experience FA. You have to complete a business plan and answer questions on how you will market your business. The process becomes more challenging when you are asked to go door-to-door in the community and conduct a marketing survey. After filling out several forms and submitting to background checks you are given the final challenge. This is the most difficult portion as they put you in a simulation where you are supposed to live a day in the life of a FA. At anytime if you fail any portion of this process you are not considered for the job.

Interview Question – The virtual simulation is the most difficult. If you are not comfortable in sales and selling product then this is not the job for you. Although they say you do not need prior sales experience, this simulation expects you to showcase those sales skills.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Trainee

I applied online and interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview Details – I did the online application for a financial advisor trainee. I got the regular, expected questions, but one thing that bothered me was regarding my credit. I was told I had to submit the names, amounts owned and payment arraignments of any charge-offs, etc. Sorry, no thank you!!

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Edward Jones?   Answer Question

Greenville, SC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Edward Jones in January 2013.

Interview Details – I have applied to be an Edward Jones Financial Advisor twice. The first time I was contacted after applying and told I was not what they were looking for at the moment. The second time I filled out the online application form and personality assessment 2 years later.. I guess what I filled in was good enough to pass to the next round. They contacted me and told me that they were interested in my application, but that I needed another year running my own business.

Interview Question – The first time not knowing why I did not make it past the first round of the process.   Answer Question

Vero Beach, FL

I applied online and interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview Details – I began by applying to a job post online. I received an email requesting an initial phone interview which was 45 minutes long. From there I met with a regional advisor for lunch to discuss the opportunity. Very informal but informative. After this I had a face to face interview with an advisor in my region. This lasted 2 and a half hours. The next step was to conduct a survey and business plan. This was semi difficult but a great indicator of the steps you will need to take to establish a successful business. After that was approved I was asked to do a final 90 minute phone interview and a 4 hour assessment. This is where I currently stand.

Interview Question – Why do you believe you are cut out to be a financial advisor?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Trainee

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview Details – Just finished my phone screening. The interviewer asked a lot about my college experience and why I wanted to become an FA. And also why Edward Jones>

Interview Question – One challenge that you took. Why did you take this challenge and were you sucessful   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Trainee

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones in February 2013.

Interview Details – Very long and detailed hiring process. Started out with online application and got a call within two weeks. So far everyone has been extremely nice and helpful. Completed background check and face to face as well as phone interviews. Set up to take virtual assessment "a day in the life" next week.

Interview Question – Why are you worth $100000   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Financial Advisor Trainee

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Edward Jones in January 2013.

Interview Details – very long and difficult interview process. really makes you think outside the box

Interview Question – outside introduction activity   Answer Question

Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones in October 2012.

Interview Details – Multi-level Interview process including phone interviews, branch office interview, field research/survey and web-based day-in-the-life assessments. Each level is very detailed and particular. You must follow the interview directions word for word. You are assigned a recruiter who guides you through the interviewing process step by step.

Interview Question – Field surveying - You are required to go door to door surveying 25 people/ making 25 contacts.   Answer Question

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Edward Jones in March 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process took almost 2 months. IT was very in depth and was about 10 steps. There were a few phone interviews, two in person interviews, and various bits of "homework". Had to build a business plan and do market surveys.

Interview Question – Nothing new or creative in the questioning process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to. Compensation is based on current salary/income.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Edward Jones

Worked for Edward Jones? Contribute to the Community!

Edward Jones Videos

Edward Jones – Why Work for Us?

A More Personal Approach to Success You know the financial services industry, but you may not know Edward Jones. We are a unique industry leader known for our more personal approach to business. From locating… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Edward Jones Financial Advisor Trainee interview questions and advice. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by Edward Jones employees and interview candidates.