Edward Jones

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Youngstown, OH

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Edward Jones in October 2013.

Interview Details – First interview was on the interview day, an opportunity provided by our college. At the end of the interview, the interviewer asked me to email him my resume in order for him to forward it too the hiring committee. I had to open up an account with my complete profile on their company website for scheduling the second interview.

Interview Question – tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Edward Jones in October 2012.

Interview Details – The first round is at your University with 2 executives. Then you have to provide a writing sample about a predetermined topic. You then have two hour long phone interviews with a panel of 3 to 5 individuals. The only negative thing was they interviewed me for the wrong position. I applied for trading and they interviewed me for the trust division.

Interview Question – Make sure to know a lot about the trading and/or trust industry   Answer Question

Interviewed at Edward Jones

Interview Details – Nice recruiting staff. After dropping your resume with them, they may shoot you an email requesting more information if you look viable. At this point, you have a chance to be invited to an interview, which is also scheduled through email/online. After that is the final phone interview.

Interview Question – What other commission-based experiences have you had?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Edward Jones gives exploding offers (that is, a 48 window to decide if your in or not). I didn't try this, but it might be a good idea to request more time if your not dead set on this position.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Intern

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Edward Jones in December 2011.

Interview Details – I went in to see him one on one and he told me what the job consisted of. He asked me a few questions about what I would want to do when I was older and I responded. He told me I had the job and to come in tomorrow ready to work. When I came into the job I was put on the computer and was able to learn from him first hand on how to deal with customers and what customers were looking for in a Financial Advisor

Interview Question – What would you like to be when you are older?   View Answer

Intern

I applied through other source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones in April 2011.

Interview Details – Far-fetched but positive experience. Interview consisted of a group meeting where I went out to lunch with a couple of advisors. Very relaxed experience, very personable. Asked about my skills, interests, and career aspirations for the future. Didn't seem alarmed when I told them I would not be working with the company after I graduate, this is just an experience gainer. The next week they called me out for another group lunch, where they explained the job and duties of an intern. As a finance major I was not interested in the "selling" aspect of the job, so they agreed on more analysis and portfolio management duties. Paperwork was extensive, but nothing out of hand. No drug test, but a background check was necessary. I accepted the position when they offered. I assume it went easy because of my very high GPA and knowledge of the industry and markets.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Duties. I stated I didn't want to "door knock" and sell, they agreed to find me more financial responsibilities.

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Edward Jones in June 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process varies depending on whether or not you attend one of their target schools. If you attend a target school its starts out with you submitting your resume to the campus recruiter, they then host on campus interivews, after the on-campus interviews, if you are invited back to round 2 then they conduct phone interviews with the intern coordinators and you fill out a long employment application. After the 2nd round interviews they decide what area you could possibly be placed in & then you interview with 2 leaders from that area. If they decide to offer you a position your position will be contingent upon successful drug test and finger printing background test. You then come on board and attend a 1 day intern orientation.

Interview Question – Tell us one reason why we shouldnt hire you...   Answer Question

Intern

The process took a day - interviewed at Edward Jones in January 2010.

Interview Details – It was very casual. I sent the branch office an email telling them that I was interested in a position. I was called the day after I wrote the email to conduct a phone interview. The person was super friendly and helpful, and liked my qualifications, but was looking for a recent graduate.

Interview Question – What do you like about Edward Jones?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Edward Jones

Worked for Edward Jones? Contribute to the Community!

Edward Jones Videos

Edward Jones – Why Work for Us?

A More Personal Approach to Success You know the financial services industry, but you may not know Edward Jones. We are a unique industry leader known for our more personal approach to business. From locating… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Edward Jones Intern interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Edward Jones employees and interview candidates.