Edward Jones Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Edward Jones (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Lengthy, People were nice and kind willing to help many steps to go through Some advice....? Be yourself! have some original ideas and do not waste too much time on the business plan because nobody reads it! they asked me on the second interview things that I wrote in the business plan. i said where in the business plan they should look and they still didn't know what i was talking about. i had to specify the page number and the row for them to find what they were looking for (and that was after they allegedly red it).

Interview Questions

• how do you see yourself in 10 years   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Trainee (FACD) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

I went through the long online survey process after I had sent in my resume. Even though I was applying for an entry level position, the questions were frankly absurd. After the phone call, I was asked questions regarding my college education and how I was prepared to be a financial advisor. The interview had very basic questions about what I would do in a situation with an unsatisfied client, for example.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 and 10 years professional and personally?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

The process has changed since I started, but expect to have a phone interview. Easy questions about yourself. Then you will go for a in person interview. Followed by the simulation. During the four hour assessment make suer you make your calls and answer the emails. What ever you do, do not miss the scheduled appointments. You will not make it pass this stage if you forget!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. You get the base that is offered.

Anonymous Employee in Montclair, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Edward Jones (Montclair, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

The process moves along quickly after your application Is completed and resume submitted. A recruiter reviewed my resume and invited me to a phone interview within 48 hours. You have eight days to accept the invitation and schedule the phone interview with a local recruiter. I asked for an extension and scheduled the interview within 10 days. The interview consisted of four questions related to past work experience, your interest in Edward Jones specifically, your work related interests in general, and some "how did you handle" questions. The recruiter also described the training pipelines and starting salaries for transitioning military members and civilian Financial Advisors. Military can expect a 6 month training timeline, self-study for your license in a local EJ advisor's office, $65k first year salary plus eligible for a bonus, but not eligible for commissions. Civilian training pipeline is a little shorter, first year salary is 50% of the average of your last two years salary plus commission and bonus. You are also expected to make eight sold contacts by "prospecting" for clients. To Edward Jones this primarily means going door-to-door. Within two hours of completing the interview with the recruiter I was send an invitation to conduct a face-to-face interview with a local senior FA. You are asked to set up the interview with that the FA within 48 hours and report back to the recruiter when the interview is scheduled. After thinking about the position over the weekend I decided to withdraw from the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your responsibilities during the last five years of work and describe an accomplishment you are proud of.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you had to explain a difficult concept. How did you go about explaining it and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

The main contributor to my withdrawal from the interview process was the door-to-door sales aspect of the position.

Technical Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

It took a lengthy amount of time overall including the first point of contact. There was a phone screen and 2 rounds of in person interviews before an offer was extended.

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Interview

Do not quit your current job to work for this company.I gave up a good job to work for Edward Jones only to be fired during the training process. This is why they can boast about a 90% success in training, you get fired before you even get to take test

Senior Financial Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

Initial screening and interview with recruiter was outstanding and very timely. Recruiter was only allowed short time (5/10 minutes) to review candidates with Hiring manager / Department Leader. I got the sense the firm is going through some change. The department I was interviewing has a newer Dept Leader who has their own ideas regarding characteristics and experience required. Don't believe recruiter was informed until I was of what they wanted in new position / role / individual.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Edward Jones (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

The process has been great thus far. You can truly tell the company cares about only hiring key personnel. There is the 10 step hiring process and I am currently working on step number 8, which is the last interview before the day in the life virtual activity. I STRONGLY suggest anyone looking to find a career here to find a mentor within the company who can get you on the right path to success.

Interview Questions

• Standard situational questions. Have detailed examples ready!   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

Long but able to get through at good pace with time to prepare for each phase of the process. Given opportunity to schedule each interview not to interrupt daily work tasks which already exist.

Interview Questions

• What are your career goals?   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

I was interviewed 5 times, 3 times by phone and 2 times in person with firm partners. There is a 4 hour "day in the life" process which was confusing. A number of successful FA's said they would have never gotten the job if that part of the interview process had be in place when they applied. It seems the rules changed during the training process. The metrics are a moving target.

Interview Questions

• It was an entire process and I am not sure why I was particularly chosen over any other potential candidate.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was made an offer of the base salary based on a % of my salary at my last job,