Edward Jones Interview Questions

Updated Sep 23, 2014
Updated Sep 23, 2014

3.2

Interview Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Edward Jones.

The process takes about 6 months. If you come off as intelligent or overly qualified there is actually a good chance you won't get hired. The reason is that they know you will use them as a stepping stone and jump ship to a competitor that will pay you better and have a better reputation. Just act like you are willing to knock on doors and do what they say and you will be okay.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we spend $100,000 to hire you?   View Answer
    No negotiation

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Edward Jones.

The interview process was extensive (lasted 2 months for me) . I went through 2 phone screens before I had a formal interview, then I did the business plan and survey, after that another phone screen, then they declined to proceed. They were extremely nice and had even started to talk about locations I was interested in working, but nothing came out of it in the end. The most disappointing thing is they won't tell you why they stop interviewing you.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you?
      What sets you apart from others?
      Tell me about a situation...?
        Answer Question

Edward Jones Financial Advisor Interview

The interview process has been moving right along. Everyone is very friendly and seems to love their job. Be prepared. Read and research as much as you can about Edward Jones. Talk to as many FA's as you can. Be committed to getting this job and know that you will be working very very hard.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you didnt suceed at something and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

interviewed at Edward Jones in September 2014.

Online application and background check, followed by a phone screen and then invitation to participate in standard interview. In addition you have to develop a business plan and present that during your interview process. Once you have successfully completed these items you will have the opportunity to move onto training, etc.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones.

The interview process had three points of contact; an initial phone interview, a face-to-face interview with one individual in the department, and the leader of the department and one of his colleagues. All together, it took 5 weeks from filling out the application (when I was asked for an interview) before an offer was made.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell me about a situation when you had a colleague that had a negative attitude about management, and what you did about it.

Please tell me about a time when you had to give bad news to your manager.
        Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones.

The hiring process is long. They will tell you that it takes 40 days on average and they aren't making that up. You start by submitting your resume, you will then be invited to apply, phone screen, interview in person, do a business plan, do a phone interview and finally do a virtual day in the life. You can wash out at any point along the way and you will know you washed out before they tell you. If the person you are dealing with is warm and friendly, you're good. If not, you didn't make it. If you can't tell how you did, you didn't make it.

Interview Questions
    • The business plan can be tricky if you've never done one before. Work with a veteran FA if you have one available.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones in August 2014.

Initial phone screening, in-person interview, business plan, business plan review, day in the life. Very intense and they obviously want to weed out anyone that isn't totally committed to being a FA.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example in your life when you continually ran into road blocks but eventually accomplished what you wanted to accomplish?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Durham, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones.

long grueling process that will challenge you. I have never been though such a long process. It will challenge you but it is necessary to weed out those with the real desire to do this job. Everyone is welcoming and positive. I have never met people so focused on achieving. I really felt challenged and wanted the job even more.

Interview Questions
    • Day In the life- this is toughest exercise I have everbeenthrough   Answer Question
    no negotiation. I had a successful business so i was offered top of starting range

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones.

- Submit resume/qualifications for HR review - Online
    - Phone interview with HR - Usually an HR recruiter from HQ in Saint Louis will call/email to schedule a phone interview.
    - Face-to-face interview with a Financial Advisor - An FA in your local market will conduct the interview.
    - Business Activity Plan - Candidates are given a week to complete/answer a business plan.
    - Computer assessment (4 hours) - The candidate will act out the role of a financial advisor during a 4 hour simulation. The assessment is online and phone based with no actual face-to-face.

Interview Questions
    • BUSINESS PLAN:

Describe your vision for building your practice at Edward Jones. How do you plan to add value to the clients and communities you will serve?

To identify and approach these prospective client types, what actions will you take?

Please detail the prospective types of clients you believe will allow you to build your business to fulfill your vision.

How will you turn these prospective clients into Edward Jones clients, especially if they have been or are considering doing business with others?

How will you track your performance to evaluate your progress towards meeting these performance expectations?
        View Answer
    Base salary is based on previous employment compensation.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Edward Jones.

Very long interview process with several interviews. Lack of communication on follow up after interviews but they are aware of revamp in candidate experience is needed and in process. Took 2 months for a final decision, which I had to reach out a few times to follow up. People although are super friendly, culture is strong with happy employees. I would interview again if another position opened.

Interview Questions
    • What has been the most challenging moment in my career?   Answer Question

Worked for Edward Jones? Contribute to the Community!