Edward Jones Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

3.2

Technical Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

It took a lengthy amount of time overall including the first point of contact. There was a phone screen and 2 rounds of in person interviews before an offer was extended.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Edward Jones (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

The process has been great thus far. You can truly tell the company cares about only hiring key personnel. There is the 10 step hiring process and I am currently working on step number 8, which is the last interview before the day in the life virtual activity.
    I STRONGLY suggest anyone looking to find a career here to find a mentor within the company who can get you on the right path to success.

Interview Questions

• Standard situational questions. Have detailed examples ready!   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Interview

Do not quit your current job to work for this company.I gave up a good job to work for Edward Jones only to be fired during the training process.
    This is why they can boast about a 90% success in training, you get fired before you even get to take test

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

Long but able to get through at good pace with time to prepare for each phase of the process. Given opportunity to schedule each interview not to interrupt daily work tasks which already exist.

Interview Questions

• What are your career goals?   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

I was interviewed 5 times, 3 times by phone and 2 times in person with firm partners. There is a 4 hour "day in the life" process which was confusing. A number of successful FA's said they would have never gotten the job if that part of the interview process had be in place when they applied. It seems the rules changed during the training process. The metrics are a moving target.

Interview Questions

• It was an entire process and I am not sure why I was particularly chosen over any other potential candidate.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was made an offer of the base salary based on a % of my salary at my last job,

EDFA Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Edward Jones in May 2015.

Interview

Long and Drawn out, took almost 3 months with constant rescheduling and calls. 10 step interview process for a potential 40K is def. not worth it. Every step is longer than the next. Even if they will "train you" to be a financial adviser they still want you to be a "natural seller" during their 5 hour long exercise where you have to call actors and try and talk to them and make them buy your hypothetical product. This could be better done some other way than this.

Financial Advisor Trainee (FACD) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Edward Jones (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2015.

Interview

Very long and very difficult. It was hard to gage how well you did throughout the process because there was little feed back as they continued to move you on. I made it to the last step of the process and got bagged on the FA simulation. Shocks me that the last step of a 3 month interview would barry you into the ground with no training or advice on how to approach this stage.

Interview Questions

• How would you properly approach clients to come over to Edward Jones   1 Answer

Academic Training Leader (ATL) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Edward Jones (Tempe, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

This was in Tempe AZ. The interview process started with a phone interview with a Sr. Recruiter who asked your typical interview questions (why this job? Tell us about your back ground? Etc.). About 2-months later I was contacted by an Edward Jones recruiter to come in for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Very general/generic trainer interview questions? Tell us about a time when you trained a class? Tell us a time when you had to deliver bad news? Tell us about a time when you mentored another trainer? Tell us about your resume? Etc.   1 Answer

Due to the unprofessionalism during the interview process I was too turned off to accept a job position with Edward Jones.

Mutual Fund Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Missouri City, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones (Missouri City, TX).

Interview

I applied for the position online, within three days I got a phone call from a recruiter. The recruiter went over job details, salary, benefits and schedule. She also asked me some basic questions regarding school and if I was still interested after hearing about the job I applied for.

Once I said yes, that I would like to proceed with the interview process she sent me information and links for a standard behavior test online. It's simple and goes over basic call center type issues. Like "you heard Bob say this, would you report him, talk to him or ignore the issue"?

Once I had passed that (was simple), there were some forms I had to fill out about job preferences, salary preferences etc. Once that was done I finally got a call from the recruiter to setup an interview with two leaders in the department.

The interview was a phone interview that took about two hours in total. I sat in my car at my prior job and took a really long break. The interview was smooth, they asked about my experience in a call center enviroment, asked me about my technical views of how I handled processes and asked about some of the systems I had used.

They also went over my resume and asked about times and wanted examples about rough situations and how I handled them. Very smooth interview and I would do it again.

About a week later I was offered the job and I accepted. Very nice interview, professional and kind leaders.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had a issue arise between a coworker and yourself. How did you resolve the issue?   1 Answer
    • How do you handle change in a fast paced enviroment?   Answer Question
    • Are you flexible working different shifts based on department needs?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 and 10 years professional and personally?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salaries are set based on role and merit. Work from home jobs are based on market benchmark of the area so pay may not be as negotiable.

Financial Advisor Trainee (FACD) Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

The hiring process is a long one but who can blame them when they are investing a lot of time and money on you. All questions in the interview process will be behavioral questions. Just make sure you have some good examples ready. The last step is probably the hardest and is called the day in the life. It's a grueling 4 hour assessment. Overall, it was not a hard interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to make a difficult decision. Why did you make that decision and what was the outcome.   Answer Question