Edward Jones Interview Questions

Updated Oct 9, 2014
Updated Oct 9, 2014

3.2

Financial Advisor Trainee (FACD) Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Edward Jones.

I did the Financial Advisor Internship this past summer. During which, I completed my Business Plan and Door knocking/Face-to-Face Contacts. These are important parts in the normal hiring process. For the Business Plan I got help from as many FA's as I could because you really aren't expected to know most of the goals for the Assets Under Management, Commissions, etc.

After the internship I was invited to reapply for an FA position. I had to go back and give them my employment history for the past 10 years. They will check on each one, so hopefully you saved your W-2's if they ask.

Next, I met with an FA at their office and went through an interview. The FA's that interview you are not going to try to stump you. They are only looking for your past (specific) experiences, and how much you really want the job.

About a week or two after I had an interview with Talent Acquisition. It lasted about 60 minutes and I wasn't thrown anything that I wouldn't be prepared for. They didn't really go over much of the Business Plan either. They then invited me to schedule the infamous Day-in-the-Life Assessment.

I'm not sure I can really say much about the DILA. It is a demanding, 3 3/4 hour process that just tries to see how you interact with clients, supervisors, and coworkers. Just don't let them get to you, they're actors. I thought I did horribly, but I found out I did very well as I got an offer the following day. Excited to begin! Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time when you were part of a team and one of the team members wasn't performing as well as you expected.   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Edward Jones.

I was contacted by a recruiter at Edward Jones for a marketing position. The first scheduled phone interview was cancelled ten minutes after it was supposed to start. When we rescheduled, there was still some confusion on when the call was supposed to take place. After a half hour of phone tag, we finally had our interview. It went well. No out of the ordinary questions. She did follow up with me a few weeks later, but I did not get the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones.

The process is as most everyone has described and very similar to what EJ (Edward Jones) tell you it will be. Normally takes 30-45 days to complete. Be forewarned that after your initial phone screening with the recruiter they will start the background check process and call your current employer to verify employment.

Look, if you want a place to hang your hat and spend your career making the lowest $$$ in the financial services industry, EJ is the place to go. If you want to actually make good $$$ and be your own boss and own your books and get a big payout when you retire, don't go to EJ.

Interview Questions
    • There are no difficult questions. They are all read from a script. Everyone I interviewed with was horrible at interviewing.   View Answer

Pay is crap. You must drink a lot of the green EJ Kool-Aid to survive.

Interview Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Edward Jones.

The process takes about 6 months. If you come off as intelligent or overly qualified there is actually a good chance you won't get hired. The reason is that they know you will use them as a stepping stone and jump ship to a competitor that will pay you better and have a better reputation. Just act like you are willing to knock on doors and do what they say and you will be okay.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we spend $100,000 to hire you?   View Answer
    No negotiation

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Edward Jones.

The interview process was extensive (lasted 2 months for me) . I went through 2 phone screens before I had a formal interview, then I did the business plan and survey, after that another phone screen, then they declined to proceed. They were extremely nice and had even started to talk about locations I was interested in working, but nothing came out of it in the end. The most disappointing thing is they won't tell you why they stop interviewing you.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you?
      What sets you apart from others?
      Tell me about a situation...?
        Answer Question

Edward Jones Financial Advisor Interview

The interview process has been moving right along. Everyone is very friendly and seems to love their job. Be prepared. Read and research as much as you can about Edward Jones. Talk to as many FA's as you can. Be committed to getting this job and know that you will be working very very hard.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you didnt suceed at something and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

interviewed at Edward Jones in September 2014.

Online application and background check, followed by a phone screen and then invitation to participate in standard interview. In addition you have to develop a business plan and present that during your interview process. Once you have successfully completed these items you will have the opportunity to move onto training, etc.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones.

The interview process had three points of contact; an initial phone interview, a face-to-face interview with one individual in the department, and the leader of the department and one of his colleagues. All together, it took 5 weeks from filling out the application (when I was asked for an interview) before an offer was made.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell me about a situation when you had a colleague that had a negative attitude about management, and what you did about it.

Please tell me about a time when you had to give bad news to your manager.
        View Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones.

The hiring process is long. They will tell you that it takes 40 days on average and they aren't making that up. You start by submitting your resume, you will then be invited to apply, phone screen, interview in person, do a business plan, do a phone interview and finally do a virtual day in the life. You can wash out at any point along the way and you will know you washed out before they tell you. If the person you are dealing with is warm and friendly, you're good. If not, you didn't make it. If you can't tell how you did, you didn't make it.

Interview Questions
    • The business plan can be tricky if you've never done one before. Work with a veteran FA if you have one available.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones in August 2014.

Initial phone screening, in-person interview, business plan, business plan review, day in the life. Very intense and they obviously want to weed out anyone that isn't totally committed to being a FA.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example in your life when you continually ran into road blocks but eventually accomplished what you wanted to accomplish?   Answer Question