Edward Jones

Updated Jan 25, 2015
Updated Jan 25, 2015

3.2

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Edward Jones.

I got an invite for phone screening. They ask about your past work experience and ask about some work related situations. Next step after that would be 1 on 1 interview in the branch.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your biggest business achievement so far in your life.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Trainee (FACD) Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones.

Submitted my resume and got to the first interview, but didn't make it past that. Very competitive, long process. After the phone interview I would go on to a face-to-face interview. I was able to get as far as I did with an employee referral but that just got my foot in the door.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions we to describe situations where you did this or that   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nowhere, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nowhere, OK

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones.

Very detailed.

I'm a customer and clicked on the job tab while looking at my account sent a note, and was quickly contacted by a recruiter.

After a few questions with a recruiter, I was sent a tab to apply on-line. Again, a quick note saying that they liked the initial information and I was invited to continue. I was also invited to a recruiting event that I did attend and enjoyed!

Overall, I went through several steps including on-line applications, face-to-face interview with a local advisor, a telephone interview with a recruiting manager, and a "Day in the Life" simulation.

About an hour after completing the "Day in the Life" simulation, I was called and told that I passed and an offer would be extended within a few days.

I received the offer and I was happy with it. I'll be making far less this year than I have in years in my former career due to the training period but the earnings potential once a "go live" date is given is limited only by myself.

From first contact to the offer being received was about 8 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really unexpected or anything that I haven't been asked before. The "Day in the Life" had a few curves thrown at me but I won't pass that on as I'd like to protect the integrity of the exercise.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. They base your stripend if you are new to the industry on previous pay history.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones.

I have been through the phone screening portion of the Edward Jones Financial Advisor hiring process. It was pretty simple and straight forward if you are following the interviewing basics; know the company you are interviewing for, know your resume, and have some intelligent and genuine questions ready. Its designed to be a 45 minute phone call, my particular conversation went on over an hour due to some of my questions regarding the FORCES program. The interview was professional and attentive. My next step in the process is the formal sit down interview. I will update as I go through the process.

*UPDATE: I have just had my sit down interview. It went really well. Its a beefed up version of the phone screening; they asked you the typical "What did you do in this certain situation" and so on...STAR format. He asked the same questions relating to the nature of the job as they did on the phone screening. Overall it was a typical interview...just make sure you have examples ready for those random interview questions. Also make sure you understand what this job is and how hard it can be to start out. Also have some intelligent questions ready for the end of the interview.
    After I completed the interview, we shook hands, exchanged pleasantries and I left. I couldn't read my interviewer on how I did...BUT...after fretting for a long 20 mins I got a call from my phone screener and was invited to move on the the next step...the business plan. Movement! Anyways, almost everything on the business seems self explanatory, except for one part that wants you to talk about numbers. I plan on reaching out to some FAs I know about this.
    I will keep updating this.

Interview Questions
    • This isn't a difficult question, but they asked if you understand what the job entails...that is...going door to door building your books and so on. She asked me many times if I understood this and how difficult it may be. I would recommend linking up with a current FA before the phone screening, it gives more strength to your claim that you understand what the career entails.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Trainee (FACD) Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Edward Jones in January 2015.

Very intense interview process. Started out with a referral from another FA I knew, and had a phone interview, an in-person interview, business plan, another phone interview, and the horrendous 4 hour "Day In The Life" exercise. Just plan on not performing well for that. Questions were typically about how I could see myself in various situations, and how I envisioned the FA role at Edward Jones. Overall, the communication throughout the process was great, and everything was smooth going. Ended up with an offer I couldn't say no to.

Interview Questions
    • The 4 hour exercise was by far, the most challenging. Can't really prepare, just study the material they give you and have a sales pitch ready for cold calling.   Answer Question
    No room for negotiation.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones in January 2015.

Its a long process. First of all I applied online. After that I received an email with a full description of the hiring process. There are 10 steps to get hired at EJ. I went until step number 8. The personal interview. After that comes the business plan and the real day in life of a financial Advisor. All questions are star method

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Edward Jones.

2-3 month process with phone interviews ranging from recruiters to regional mangers. Very thorough and open with all their answers. They address new advisers hurdles and do not sugar coat them.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have a problem starting from the ground up? Knocking on doors if you have to?   Answer Question

Internal Audit Interview

Applied online and got a phone interview with someone in the department lasting about 45 minutes consisting of general experience and behavioral questions such as "Tell me about a time when..."

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you put the needs of a team over the needs of yourself   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones.

Submitted resume. First interview via phone with Sr. Rectuiter. Second interview was a face to face interview with an FA. Was then asked to complete a business plan. Third interview was over the phone to discuss business plan and answer a series of questions related to my background. I am awaiting the Day In The Life office simulation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Edward Jones.

The hiring process was a very long and drawn out process, but after seeing what retention ratios are in the industry can see why they require it to be so long. It ended up taking me almost two months to go through the process, but what I really like was that employees would reach out to you and help you out along the way

Interview Questions
    • What experience in your past makes you good for helping a difficult client who has lost money in the market.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation on salary due to the program I qualified for.