Edward Jones BOA Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Fayetteville, AR) in July 2015.

Interview

Very thorough, face to face, phone, numerous forms, background check, fingerprint, credit check. Describe a stressful situation that had dependant variables and how did you handle it. What if....What did you do when...How did you handle this scenario. Describe a time when.... Online questions, graph reading

Interview Questions

• Describe a stressful situation that had dependant variables and how did you handle it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Every interview I had with this company was the exact same. The line of questions was read directly from a script from the interviewer felt like a robot in each instance. Had 5 interviews all together this was a very unorganized process with many different departments involved but nobody was seemingly comminicating with each other with in the departments there at EJ. After going through all the steps and background checks I stayed in constant communication with the FA that I was going to work for did everything I was told to do; I found out through the on call at her office I did not clear background and the offer would be recanted. Thus far I have never been formerly advised why I did not clear background, not even in writing. I called talent aquisition a number of times concerned but given an explanation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you completed a difficult task.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not up for negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a very LONG hiring process. This is the basic time line for me: 1) Mid April: Got an interview at the branch through a friend. Then I applied online and the FA referred me to the home office 2) 1.5 weeks later I get a notification in my email to take an online assesment. Took me 1 hour 3) 2 weeks later I get a callbck frm HR to set up phone interview with home office. Fortunately it happened the same week they called 4) About 2.5 weeks later I get a call from FA for a second face-to-face interview. Now, this is already around mid May 5) 3 weeks later I get an official offer from HR. I accepted it and had to provide necessary docs for background check 6) 1 week later background check process starts. I personally made a mistake of turning in one of the requiremed docs. late so another 1.5 week added. Now that was my fault. 7) It's now end of June. I did all my part and another week I wait for HR to respond 8) Second week of July, HR calls notifying that I passed the background check and when I can start. I say I can start ASAP. I start the follwing week on a WED. It took from mid-April to mid-July. If I turned in my docs. earlier that I probably would have started beginning of July. Even then....very very very long process.

Interview Questions

• Was there a time when you extended extra customer service to a client? What did you do when you encountered an error at your previous workplace? What is the role of a BOA?   Answer Question

BOA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Lengthy, take an online test first with various situational questions. Then, a phone screening by the recruiter, and finally an interview with the FA at the office. It took a week or two for them to get back to me saying I was not chosen, which I was not surprised at. It didn't feel like the right fit.

Interview Questions

• Asked several questions about what you would do in certain situations. Also asked you to give examples of ways you handled conflict resolution, etc.   Answer Question

BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

The communication process was very efficient. I was given timelines throughout the entire process and the time estimates given were accurate. The in person interview mirrored the telephone interview.

BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

Phone interview went well a serious of questions of "Tell me a time when". I was told i did wonderful and would refer to me to Face to Face interview with the financial advisor.Face to face interview with the financial advisor was the same types of questions, was told would take a couple of weeks or month- never heard back.

Interview Questions

• A time when you had to deal with conflict with your coworker.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Miami, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

Uploaded resume, received a call within a week letting me know they were interested in scheduling a telephone interview. They set it up for exactly a week later for noon. They called from the home office exactly at noon... I interviewed with the same HR lady that initiated the first phone call. She was casual but probing. She was professional but somewhat friendly. Of course I was nervous... At first she talked small talk, then outlined how the interview would proceed. I could hear her typing furiously (lol) as I answered the questions. After the interview she said thanked me, and told me that she would present the phone interview to the HR team to make the decision. She also said that I would hear back from her by email, either way. She said that if the HR team approved me, I would then be scheduled to interview with the Financial Advisor to whom I would be administrating and managing accounts for. I think that Edward Jones is very professional and systematic about the way that they screen, approach, and make their decisions. But then again, they have to be. They are currently opening offices up all over Florida. Hope this helps someone who is interested in working at Edward Jones.

Interview Questions

• Why would I select Edward Jones as my employer?   1 Answer

BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview

Interview

I went to the website and sent in a resume. I got a email 2.5 weeks later asking me to fill out a application and to set up a time for an interview. I had 24 hours to fill out the application before the phone interview. The phone interview took about 20 minutes, it was a very pleasant experience, the interviewer was kind and patient. The interview was questions about my past employment, like when was a situation where you foresaw a problem and how did you handle it? It has now been 1 week since my phone interview, and I have heard nothing about a face to face interview, so this makes me believe I did not move on in the process.

Interview Questions

• Questions were not difficult, just situations on my past employment.   Answer Question

Interview

Interview process what smooth and simple. Interview was first on the phone with the broker and then in person with broker. Background and fingerprinting were required, but if you have no issues in your past this should not be a problem.

Interview Questions

• I did not find that any thing was difficult or unexpected. All basic questions of goals, past history, why left previous employment, where do you want to be in 5 years etc... I am not sure if they have a set of standard questions they ask or if each broker has their own way of interviewing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation with this company. You get an hourly wage from corporate that is based on their surveys of the area. There is absolutely no negotiation unless the broker wants to give you some of their commission. This was the part that I found frustrating. For the area that I worked in, they were grossly underpaying this position. This is also the reason why I left after 3 years.

BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones in February 2014.

Interview

I had my phone interview and was told a was a very good candidate. I then had my in person and was again told i was a great choice. I did not get the job, but I was told I was such a good candidate that the advisor was going to recomend me to the main office. He felt i woild be an asset for Jones. I have not heard from Jones again. I have applied for two other BOA positions

Interview Questions

• The questions asked were average, not as difficult as I expected   Answer Question