Edward Jones

3.2

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones.

long grueling process that will challenge you. I have never been though such a long process. It will challenge you but it is necessary to weed out those with the real desire to do this job. Everyone is welcoming and positive. I have never met people so focused on achieving. I really felt challenged and wanted the job even more.

Interview Questions
    • Day In the life- this is toughest exercise I have everbeenthrough   Answer Question
    no negotiation. I had a successful business so i was offered top of starting range

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Edward Jones in July 2013.

10 step interview process - included B2B and Door-to-Door survey, several in-person and over the phone interviews, and day in the life assessment. Very detailed interview process that really helps to weed out the weaker candidates. Talk to multiple people throughout the entire process. Better enjoy going door-to-door, because that is all the business is.

Financial Advisor Interview

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones in September 2007.

First is a phone interview, then second interview is phone also and behavioral interview. At this point you do a market survey and knock on doors of your neigbors just to see if you are comfortable with the process. Then there is a face to face interview which last for about an hour

Interview Questions
    • tell me how you have established business relationships in the past, and what did you do?   Answer Question
    not able to negoiate

Financial Advisor Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Edward Jones in June 2009.

The website 12 step process is pretty much dead on, except I had a few extra steps thrown in there. I took about 2 months to complete it because I was balancing the last month of my college career, moving into a new place, and a trip to hawaii while going through. I definitely don't recommend any of that while trying to find a job. I began the process by going to my local Edward Jones Financial Advisor who made a call to St. Louis (corporate) on my behalf. This helped me skip another part of the process as those who apply outright online have to go through a California office where they weed out people before they get tossed into the St. Louis pipeline. I then received a call from the St. Louis office during which we set up an appointment to do a preliminary phone interview. The pre-liminary phone screen took 30 minutes. I was then sent the application and personality screen via e-mail which I took a while to fill out (because of Hawaii). The application is extensive and it WILL BE CHECKED THOROUGHLY IN THE BACKGROUND CHECK! After evaluating the application, I was called to schedule the formal phone interview. I was then called by another recruiter who made sure that all of my information supplied on my application (and especially my work history) was correct. During this call they made sure I understood the responsibilities of a financial advisor, I then had the opportunity to visit with an Edward Jones FA, but turned it down because I had already visited plenty of branches to understand the game. I was able to skip that step in the process. After this, they called to schedule the real phone interview which was based off of a series of behavioral based questions that are difficult to prepare for. If you aren't innovative and conscientious in your current job (even if it's a 8 dollar an hour college job with an hour commute 1 way) you won't get through this interview. Be yourself because they'll know if you're lying (they're pretty astute). After every phone call, I was told right away that I would be moving on to the next step. After making it through the last part of the process, I faxed my background check consent. Everything was clear, but I had to prove where I was living. If you've moved and haven't started paying bills yet, have fun with this step as you clarify that you actually do live where you say you do. I certainly did. After the background check goes through they send you a survey activity in which you commit to a number of houses and businesses to go door to door as an excercise to see if this is really what you want to do. EJ uses this as a prospecting tool for real first year advisors, and even 10 years in they still have to do it, so if it isn't for you, this will sure teach you. If you don't get the amount you showed up to, no face to face interview. Simple as that. The face to face interview is straight forward. It's a 5 page list of questions given to an FA by the corporate office to troubleshoot what they already know about you. When I got out of that, they told me it would be 5-10 business days. I got a call back at 10AM the next morning offering me the position.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a specific example of how your innovation changed company policy.   View Answer
    • Describe a time when you were given a project at the last minute and only a short amount of time to complete it. What was the project? How did you go about completing it? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate where I wanted my office to be, there were multiple places around me open so I was incredibly lucky. This is a deal breaker for a lot of people. If you're going to accept this, it needs to be where you live. If you can't have your business in the same location you go to the grocery store, it's going to be a long stretch. No salary or benefits negitiation, but they're really up front about what you can expect.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones in September 2009.

I was on my 5th interview, when I was asked to describe the process improvements I initiated at a previous employer. The process improvement was so obvious, we did not take before and after measurements. Never just improve something, it must be a scientific study for this company. I mean how many interviews does it take?

Interview Questions
    • Describe a particularly trying situation you experienced. How did you analyse the problem and come up with your response and how was it received?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation in which you were faced with a difficult customer and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Edward Jones in December 2009.

Human resourses phone interview was a challenge, but the FA interview was even harder. I have been a stay at home mom for 10 years with not job expierense so that made it hard for me. I do work as an on-call at EDJ looking for a full time position. Even though I've worked there for a year the interview process is still difficult.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you tried to understand the reason for another person's reaction in a given situation. Explain in detail.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a situation when you took the time to understand the needs and expectations of a customer. Explain in detail.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones in April 2009.

The interview process is long and tedious. You start with a phone interview. If you pass the phone interview you will then have to pass a personality test. If you pass this you go back to a phone interview. And if you finally pass that then the company will send you out on a task to knock on doors and ask some basic questions that might help you if you start up an office in the city. Finally you have two face to face interviews. The whole process takes about a month, although som of my colleagues had it last two months.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones in September 2009.

Hiring process took almost a month from the initial recruiter call to 2 separate phone interviews to 2 separate in-person interviews and lastly presented you with an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones in September 2013.

1st Phone interview. 2nd Door knocking in community. 3rd (2nd phone interview). 4th in-person interview. 5th day-in-the-life (mock day) as an advisor (4hrs). This is a fairly in-depth process.

Base $30k salary or 50% of current income

Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones in July 2011.

after reading the job description online, sent in a resume and coverletter. I was then contacted by the recruiter and set up a telephone interview with her. She then set up a time for the face to face interview. Only panel interviews are done at Edward Jones. It was a difficult interview.