Edward Jones

Average Difficulty
366 candidate interviews

Team Leader Interview

Team Leader

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones in July 2011.

Interview Details – after reading the job description online, sent in a resume and coverletter. I was then contacted by the recruiter and set up a telephone interview with her. She then set up a time for the face to face interview. Only panel interviews are done at Edward Jones. It was a difficult interview.

Interview Question – What does the term "Leader" mean to you.   Answer Question

RDP Associate Interview

RDP Associate
Saint Louis, MO

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones in October 2011.

Interview Details – It starts off with a pre-screening process onto a first stage selection. Then an interview 1-1. Along with a completion of a 12-14 pg employment application. Then a phone interview after couple days/week.

Interview Question – Why should we consider you over all the other applicants?   Answer Question

Gonic, NH

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Edward Jones in November 2012.

Interview Details – The process is extremely long and can take almost two months. I started by submitting a profile and resume online on 12SEP2012, and was then invited by a recruiter to fill out the entire application (which is long and detailed). Next is a phone screen with the regional recruiter. The questions were standard and she moved me on to the face to face interview with a senior financial advisor in my area. That lasted another hour and was again, very standard. While you're doing your interviews headquarters is running your background checks. Once your background check clears you need to write out a business plan using their template and complete a door to door survey activity in order to get a feel for the prospecting part of the job. This took about 4 hours to complete. There was also a final phone interview with the talent acquisition manager (another 45 minutes) and finally, a four hour long "day in the life" virtual assessment. That last piece is where I think I blew it. It was very hard so if you make it to that point, make as many phone calls as you can, don't waste time! I received a standard rejection email today.

Interview Question – All of the interview questions are basic - watch out for the virtual assessment. Pick up the phone and dial!   Answer Question

Financial Advisor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview Details – Long process. Takes about a month and a half. If you're lucky. 10 step process. 1. submit resume. 2. resume reviewed. 3. invitation to apply. 4. application reviewed by recruiter. 5 phone screen interview. 6. face to face interview. 7. survey activity and business plan. 8. phone interview with h.r. that is hour and fourty five minutes long. 9. virtual day in the life assessment which is half a day long. 10. hiring decision.

Interview Question – what is your detailed plan to be successful in this position from day one?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation.

Austin, MT

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Edward Jones in June 2012.

Interview Details – My interview started with an online application. That led to a phone interview, then a face to face interview. Then came a tough background check. After that I was given a week to complete a survey and business plan. After that came another phone interview with HR in St. Louis. Then the final step was a 4 hour mock assessment. This was the final step. The recruiter was so helpful and everyone was so nice along the way. Long process but worth it

Interview Question – Why would you be successful   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Forms were sent and then you had a week to accept or decline

Financial Advisor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview Details – Lengthly and very complete process. Resume, application, phone interview, face to face interview, virtual assessment, drug test, background check, survey activity

Interview Question – great need to figure out if you are right for this job,   Answer Question

Financial Advisor

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones in April 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process is long and tedious. You start with a phone interview. If you pass the phone interview you will then have to pass a personality test. If you pass this you go back to a phone interview. And if you finally pass that then the company will send you out on a task to knock on doors and ask some basic questions that might help you if you start up an office in the city. Finally you have two face to face interviews. The whole process takes about a month, although som of my colleagues had it last two months.

Interview Question – Why do you think you'd be successful at this job?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Edward Jones in November 2009.

Interview Details – The process began with questionnaires, a background check, and a short phone conversation. Next, I had to go door-to-door, ask people a series of questions, and solicit their phone numbers for follow-up. There were several more phone interviews and two more in person for a total of nine interviews.

The overall feel of the interview and hiring process was impersonal and frustrating. I had a hard time getting in touch with human resources, as did the advisors and recruiters within Edward Jones that wanted to hire me.

I really liked the new people that I met through my contacts within the organization and the advisors that I met in person to interview with. They were supportive, hard-working individuals that took time out of their busy days to recruit and interview me. These people returned my calls promptly and answered my questions in detail. It was obvious that they cared.

This was distinct from the culture at the HR department within the corporate office, where I felt very much like a number to be ignored. My recruiter and the advisors helping me tracked down my lost application twice during the process. In the end, I never even heard back from the corporate office regarding the status of my application-in spite of being reassured numerous times that I would at least get a phone call or an email with "Yea" or "Nay."

I understand that HR departments can be busy places. I also understand that someone may not have wanted to hire me. A simple "no" in the appropriate place, such as during my numerous follow-up calls, would have helped considerably.

I ended up accepting the same position with a competitor instead.

Interview Question – Where are you willing to relocate to?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones in November 2011.

Interview Details – The process is VERY defined, and VERY selective. They will find out EVERYTHING and ANYTHING about you, past arrests even if they are off your record, they will find out if your interviewing for other companies etc. Going through the process now and let me make it clear that this company, if offered an opportunity to work for them, is one that you should take. You need to be very detailed in your application and tell them everything, every job, every dollar earned etc.

Overall the hiring process is a 7-step process I have been invited back for the 4th step which is face to face surveys, I.E going door to door.

Interview Question – Why should we go foward in the interview process with you?   Answer Question

Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones in July 2012.

Interview Details – Long, hard, and detailed

But don't let that kid you, most people that get hired still fail

Interview Question – The whole experience is difficult. The process does show you the job well.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not in a position to negotiate

Worked for Edward Jones? Contribute to the Community!