Edward Jones

Updated Nov 20, 2014
Updated Nov 20, 2014

3.2

Financial Advisor Interview

Started meeting with a regional advisor on campus, then a phone screen, then a face to face interview. The phone interview isnt too bad, they just go over your resume and they really start to ask more questions relating to sales, which I did not have any experience. Try to get your responses geared more towards sales.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview process was lengthy and detailed.

Interview Questions
    Offer was good enough. I did not negotiate.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Edward Jones.

Call you almost immediately after applying, and seem to give anyone off the street a fighting chance. Meet with an actual advisor then go through training.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones.

Online application, quickly followed up with a key contact person assigned for the whole hiring process. Face to face interview done locally, once past this interview successfully then you are required to do a Survey to experience the door to door approach of contacting and meeting new people as well as a computer simulation of the day as a financial advisor. Entire process takes 2-3 weeks

Interview Questions
    • Why should the firm commit $100000 in training costs to you instead of a different applicant?   View Answer
    No negotiation when I hired in.

Intern Interview

Nice recruiting staff. After dropping your resume with them, they may shoot you an email requesting more information if you look viable. At this point, you have a chance to be invited to an interview, which is also scheduled through email/online. After that is the final phone interview.

Interview Questions
    Edward Jones gives exploding offers (that is, a 48 window to decide if your in or not). I didn't try this, but it might be a good idea to request more time if your not dead set on this position.

BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview

Phone interview with HR. Background check. Personal Interview with local individual.

Take it or leave it.

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Edward Jones.

Just finished my phone screening. The interviewer asked a lot about my college experience and why I wanted to become an FA. And also why Edward Jones>

Interview Questions
    • One challenge that you took. Why did you take this challenge and were you sucessful   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salisbury, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salisbury, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones in April 2011.

Long process. Submit interest, wait for email notification. Apply via email received. Schedule phone interview, actively interview a neighborhood via "knock on doors". Have face to face interview with an experienced advisor. Complete another phone interview. Schedule an active role play for about 4 hours over phone/computer. Wait for offer of job.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. They offer based on previous employment status.

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Edward Jones.

I did the online application for a financial advisor trainee. I got the regular, expected questions, but one thing that bothered me was regarding my credit. I was told I had to submit the names, amounts owned and payment arraignments of any charge-offs, etc. Sorry, no thank you!!

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones.

I initiated the hiring process through a website. It was a lengthy process with 4 interviews lasting a little over the month.

Interview Questions
    no negotiations there is a set program for salary and commissions.