Edward Jones

Updated Aug 14, 2014

Average Difficulty
374 candidate interviews

Interviewed at Edward Jones

Interview Details – Started meeting with a regional advisor on campus, then a phone screen, then a face to face interview. The phone interview isnt too bad, they just go over your resume and they really start to ask more questions relating to sales, which I did not have any experience. Try to get your responses geared more towards sales.

Interview Question – Nothing is really unexpected if you do your homework   Answer Question

Financial Advisor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview Details – Interview process was lengthy and detailed.

Interview Question – Alot of "tell me a time..." questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was good enough. I did not negotiate.

Financial Advisor

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview Details – Call you almost immediately after applying, and seem to give anyone off the street a fighting chance. Meet with an actual advisor then go through training.

Interview Question – What drives you to succeed?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview Details – Online application, quickly followed up with a key contact person assigned for the whole hiring process. Face to face interview done locally, once past this interview successfully then you are required to do a Survey to experience the door to door approach of contacting and meeting new people as well as a computer simulation of the day as a financial advisor. Entire process takes 2-3 weeks

Interview Question – Why should the firm commit $100000 in training costs to you instead of a different applicant?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation when I hired in.

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Edward Jones

Interview Details – Nice recruiting staff. After dropping your resume with them, they may shoot you an email requesting more information if you look viable. At this point, you have a chance to be invited to an interview, which is also scheduled through email/online. After that is the final phone interview.

Interview Question – What other commission-based experiences have you had?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Edward Jones gives exploding offers (that is, a 48 window to decide if your in or not). I didn't try this, but it might be a good idea to request more time if your not dead set on this position.

BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview

BOA Branch Office Administrator

Interviewed at Edward Jones

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR. Background check. Personal Interview with local individual.

Interview Question – All questions required a past situational response.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it.

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Financial Advisor Trainee

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview Details – Just finished my phone screening. The interviewer asked a lot about my college experience and why I wanted to become an FA. And also why Edward Jones>

Interview Question – One challenge that you took. Why did you take this challenge and were you sucessful   Answer Question

Salisbury, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones in April 2011.

Interview Details – Long process. Submit interest, wait for email notification. Apply via email received. Schedule phone interview, actively interview a neighborhood via "knock on doors". Have face to face interview with an experienced advisor. Complete another phone interview. Schedule an active role play for about 4 hours over phone/computer. Wait for offer of job.

Interview Question – Situational interview. Tell me about a time when....   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They offer based on previous employment status.

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Financial Advisor Trainee

I applied online and interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview Details – I did the online application for a financial advisor trainee. I got the regular, expected questions, but one thing that bothered me was regarding my credit. I was told I had to submit the names, amounts owned and payment arraignments of any charge-offs, etc. Sorry, no thank you!!

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Edward Jones?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview Details – I initiated the hiring process through a website. It was a lengthy process with 4 interviews lasting a little over the month.

Interview Question – Are you interested in the money or to help people?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations there is a set program for salary and commissions.

Worked for Edward Jones? Contribute to the Community!