Edward Jones

Updated Jan 23, 2015
Updated Jan 23, 2015

3.2

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Edward Jones.

I got an invite for phone screening. They ask about your past work experience and ask about some work related situations. Next step after that would be 1 on 1 interview in the branch.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your biggest business achievement so far in your life.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Trainee (FACD) Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Edward Jones in January 2015.

Very intense interview process. Started out with a referral from another FA I knew, and had a phone interview, an in-person interview, business plan, another phone interview, and the horrendous 4 hour "Day In The Life" exercise. Just plan on not performing well for that. Questions were typically about how I could see myself in various situations, and how I envisioned the FA role at Edward Jones. Overall, the communication throughout the process was great, and everything was smooth going. Ended up with an offer I couldn't say no to.

Interview Questions
    • The 4 hour exercise was by far, the most challenging. Can't really prepare, just study the material they give you and have a sales pitch ready for cold calling.   Answer Question
    No room for negotiation.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Edward Jones in October 2014.

Hiring process was very straight forward - email your resume over to FAInternships@edwardjones.com during recruitment season, which is from, August - November. Initially, you need to complete short answer questions online that illustrates if you'd be a good, "fit," for a career in financial services. After, you get an email for a phone interview. Interview was fairly simple: 6 questions. The interviewer primarily asks where do you want to work which is awesome since you can choose any zip code you want and they'll match you up to the closest branch office - this is called the, "host process." Additionally, she tells you a little more about the pay. Then, it goes to interview, and finally any questions you may have at the end. Decisions are made second week of December every year and fortunately, I got the offer!

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. I was paid 17.50 an hour based out of Houston, TX.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones in January 2015.

Its a long process. First of all I applied online. After that I received an email with a full description of the hiring process. There are 10 steps to get hired at EJ. I went until step number 8. The personal interview. After that comes the business plan and the real day in life of a financial Advisor. All questions are star method

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones in May 2014.

This interview process is a very lenghtly process however it happens quickly. The Interview process include a variety of steps including phone interviews, series of online questions and much more. The hiring process seems acceptable for the position

Interview Questions
    • Are you comfortable with waking door to door   View Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones.

I have been through the phone screening portion of the Edward Jones Financial Advisor hiring process. It was pretty simple and straight forward if you are following the interviewing basics; know the company you are interviewing for, know your resume, and have some intelligent and genuine questions ready. Its designed to be a 45 minute phone call, my particular conversation went on over an hour due to some of my questions regarding the FORCES program. The interview was professional and attentive. My next step in the process is the formal sit down interview. I will update as I go through the process.

*UPDATE: I have just had my sit down interview. It went really well. Its a beefed up version of the phone screening; they asked you the typical "What did you do in this certain situation" and so on...STAR format. He asked the same questions relating to the nature of the job as they did on the phone screening. Overall it was a typical interview...just make sure you have examples ready for those random interview questions. Also make sure you understand what this job is and how hard it can be to start out. Also have some intelligent questions ready for the end of the interview.
    After I completed the interview, we shook hands, exchanged pleasantries and I left. I couldn't read my interviewer on how I did...BUT...after fretting for a long 20 mins I got a call from my phone screener and was invited to move on the the next step...the business plan. Movement! Anyways, almost everything on the business seems self explanatory, except for one part that wants you to talk about numbers. I plan on reaching out to some FAs I know about this.
    I will keep updating this.

Interview Questions
    • This isn't a difficult question, but they asked if you understand what the job entails...that is...going door to door building your books and so on. She asked me many times if I understood this and how difficult it may be. I would recommend linking up with a current FA before the phone screening, it gives more strength to your claim that you understand what the career entails.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Edward Jones in September 2014.

The hiring process is clearly laid out on the EJ website. It is very long; I believe it took around 3 months for myself. The interview process is mainly focused on willingness to go door to door. I passed the "day in the life" scenario but I have no idea what I was doing correctly.

Interview Questions
    • "Name a time when you had to think quickly to solve a problem?"   Answer Question
    I was given an offer including a salary for the first year. The salary tapers off year to year as commisions become 100% of your income.

Financial Advisor Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones in November 2014.

Dropped off a resume at a military job fair, next week was called by a recruiter and I said I was not interested due to looking at another opportunity. Was called the next day by two other FA in the area to discuss EJ and answer questions with me. This was a honest and frank conversation in which I asked some tough questions. They changed my mind about EJ and I decided to go forward and filled out the long online application.

My spouse and I were taken out to dinner by EJ with a senior FA the next week to discuss their experience/career from the perspective of former military veterans. I was then screened by a FA recruiter via phone and the next step was a face to face interview with an experienced advisor. I had one last phone interview with a regional recruiter and was then scheduled for a day in the live event.

This process took me about 26 days and I believe it was quick because I asked for a yes/no answer ASAP as I was looking at two other positions They were very professional with me and understood my reasoning about my request. The experience was personnel and very easy because the entire time numerous FAs from my surrounding area called me through the process. It felt like everyone in the field was pulling for me.

Interview Questions
    • You will do a day in the life event which will challenge you. It is what it is and you will do things and discuss topics outside of your comfort zone. For me this is exactly the position EJ is looking to place you in. There is no advise, except have nothing else to do for this four hours. Honestly based on your previous experience you will do fine or can't meet their expectation. It was challenging but I thought it was fun and entertaining.   Answer Question
    I had the option of picking a traditional or forces package and I choose the forces option with more guaranteed money in the first year without commission.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Edward Jones.

2-3 month process with phone interviews ranging from recruiters to regional mangers. Very thorough and open with all their answers. They address new advisers hurdles and do not sugar coat them.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have a problem starting from the ground up? Knocking on doors if you have to?   Answer Question

2015 Summer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Edward Jones in September 2014.

The hiring process at Edward Jones for an internship is probably the most convenient I've seen in terms of the financial services industry. If interested, you would email your resume over to FAinternships@edwardjones.com (they take applicants from August to November) and you would be contacted by a recruiter via email to sent up a phone interview later in the week.

From there, you take the interview, and finally, around mid - December, you would hear back from a recruiter whether or not you would be offered a position with Edward Jones.

The questions were standard. What do you know about Edward Jones? Tell me about a time when...? When did you show leadership?

No negotiation. $17.50/hr.