Edward Jones Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Edward Jones (Scottsdale, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

It's a 10 step hiring process and this review is based upon the phone screen, just prior to the formal interview. Interview questions were formal, inclusive of also a little bit of small talk.

Interview Questions

• Talk about an accompaniment you had, and describe the steps you took to get there, and the outcome.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Edward Jones in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via email to set up the phone interview. I was then emailed information about the FA training program. The phone interview consisted of behavioral questions based on STAR.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

Git up to phone interview portion. The process is a bit long but its worth the effort because they take you seriously. Be prepared to answers some situational questions. Their response time is very fast so you know quickly how far you are in the process. They will ask about your experience because they tailor your offer package according to your experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a situation that was difficult and how you manged to overcome it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Edward Jones (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2014.

Interview

Very lengthy. Met with a recruiter, they then put me through the whole hiring process. Met with a local Limited/General Partner. After that was a "day in the life" simulation done at home on computer. After that I was extended an offer. It was a pretty typical interview process for the industry.

Interview Questions

• A "day in the life" four-hour simulation.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones (San Diego, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Met at a recruiting meeting for multiple candidates. Very informative. Supportive atmosphere and other FA's were very open to answering questions. After this, you can send in a resume to be reviewed. If you meet the requirements, you are invited to do a phone screen, followed by a face-to-face with a FA in the region. The next round involves talking to another recruiter on the phone, followed by one more 4-hour interview in the field.

This is only the first phone screen portion.

Interview Questions

• Why Edward Jones? Why am I a good fit for the role? Describe a specific time when you had to explain something complicated to another person, and how did you go about it?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Trainee (FACD) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones (Saint Petersburg, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

I met with the head recruiter for Southwest Florida. I spoke with him about Edward Jones and what they had to offer. After learning more about the company, from both the recruiter and financial advisors in my area, I decided that this company was not for me. Overall, I had a good experience with them. I just do not see myself as an Edward Jones Employee.

Interview Questions

• After your training, if you were offered a higher salary from a competitor, would you accept?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

Extremely long process. From start to finish, process took 3+ months. As for the final step in the interview process, Good Luck! However, the process is understandable due to the amount of time and money they invest in you.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

I contacted an FA for the area in which I wished to become an advisor. I developed a rapport with him and he forwarded my information to the recruiter who contacted me as well. I applied, submitted my resume, and completed the phone interview. I had a face to face interview with a local FA due to my school schedule so I did not have to travel during school. The face to face was alright but after a few days, I found out the FA did not think I was ready to be an advisor. This was very disappointing because I felt that I was a good fit for the position but I did discover after the fact that many current FA's did not get hired during their first attempt. You have to wait one year to apply again.

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2012.

Interview

I initially applied through an internal posting and was currently working at the company in a different department. I interviewed with a recruiter about 2 days after submitting my resume internally. She said she'd let me know either way. I never heard back after numerous followups. From speaking with many at the company, this is not uncommon but it left a negative taste in how I viewed the company and their HR team and I left the company shortly thereafter.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave the department you are currently in?
      What is the difference between PR and marketing?

Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Edward Jones (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2014.

Interview

Initial phone interview asked in depth questions regarding employees of current employer. The beginning of the interview seemed less like an interview and more like a fact finding mission. When the interviewer did ask questions about my background, they were very detailed questions, asking for specific examples of times when I had handled certain situations. The phone interview lasted over an hour. The interviewer was not particularly personable and gave me a sense that the company atmosphere was very institutional. This was contrary to what I believed to exist - that the company treated it's employees like family and considered them valuable assets.

Interview Questions

• How many employees did my current employer have? Name your 3 biggest faults.   Answer Question