Edward Jones

Updated Nov 25, 2014
Updated Nov 25, 2014

3.2

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Edward Jones.

The worst part of the process was being "forced" to knock on doors in my neighborhood for five hours by gathering names and phone numbers of my contacts. I should have never agree to this since how do I know they simply used this to pass the list to a hired adviser? This is simply very unprofessional and potential candidates should request some type of compensation for this process that ONLY serves Edward Jones since the candidate is never compensated. I may report this to a state labor commission on the ethics of this part of the process.

To add to the distastefulness of this "activity", I waited two weeks for an answer on whether I was to move forward. Tired of waiting for an answer, I finally called the coordinator who informed me that I did not pass the "office simulation?" Office simulation???? After numerous years running my own successful sales office, they fail me on office simulation? Then I asked what answers or any reason for the failed result only to be given an answer, "I cannot tell you anything".

This is absolutely insane and I felt soooooo used! They just dragged me through the mud, got some names/phone numbers of my neighbors, then cannot tell me WHY I did not pass office simulation????

What a joke!!! I thought this company prided itself on ethical and professional behavior. Does this sound like ethical and professional behavior?

Trust me, I'm highly qualified both in education, track record, and work background for this position, yet I was rejected on the basis of Office simulation???

The whole experience was a huge waste of my time and the experience painted a VERY immoral view of EJ. Never again!!!

Interview Questions
    • Office simulation? And they can't tell you what you need to improve??? I believe this is quite wrong in every sense of the word.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Edward Jones.

I applied online and then received an email stating they would like to schedule a phone interview. I had to schedule it online. I had to schedule it four weeks down the line. I had the phone interview and it was very basic and was told I'd get a call back regarding the process.

ATL Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Edward Jones in November 2014.

I applied online after seeing an office around my house. I received an email the next day requesting to set up a time to talk. I had a phone interview with a recruiter. She explained the process and gave me a timeline. After two weeks received a call that I had been selected for next interview. Two weeks later I had a face to face interview and had to do a presentation. I was notified I received the position two weeks after that. From first contact to start date was two months.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to do something you didn't have any experience with.....What was the outcome?   View Answer
    Not much negotiation due to not being licensed.

Financial Advisor Interview

Applied online and was contacted for a brief phone interview. I passed that and was then sent a email inviting me to a non mandatory open house I unfortunately could not make it to that specific date and 1 hour time slot. I called to follow up and sent emails never heard a word back.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones in June 2013.

Process was fairly simple. Enjoyed talking with the HR team. Very helpful throughout the process. Can't speak on the on-boarding process since I did not take the offer. Would definitely recommend checking it out if you are a fresh. with no other options. Great way to get your foot in the door.

Interview Questions

Earned a better opportunity at a boutique.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Edward Jones.

I initially applied in January and first had contact with someone by phone. I then had another phone interview and then a face to face interview in the area where I would be located at with another financial advisor. I then had a computer related test "Day in the Life of a Financial Advisor" is what it was called. Very basic but this is where most people wash out at from what I've heard.

Interview Questions
    • Doing the computer related part of the interview is where most people wash out at.   Answer Question
    Wasn't really a negotiation phase. They offered a base salary plus commission and I was satisified with that.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Edward Jones.

I have my day in the life assessment in a couple of days. So far the process has been EXACTLY what they said it would. Everyone I've spoken with had been extremely nice and helpful. Even new FA's who don't even know me have taken their time to give me advice on the process.
    The questions they ask haven't been too difficult. What I've been told over and over and I really do believe is "just be yourself" and if it's meant to be it will happen.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time a goal was set for you and how you went about meeting that goal.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Trainee (FACD) Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Edward Jones.

I interviewed a couple times.
    The first Interview was over the phone and it was behavioral questions.
    The second interview was face to face and they were situational. What would you do if a client did this etc.
    The third interview was again over the phone and it was based off of my branch plan.
    The final process was the financial advisor assessment. For 3 hours you are a financial advisor at a made up branch. Your basically handling all the pressures a Financial Advisor goes through daily. I have to say although I think it is great because it allows the interviewee to see if this is something they really want to do or not. They put more in 3 hours that I have actually seen go on.

Interview Questions
    • It is important you know how to build credibility and break the ice in initial contact.   Answer Question

Service Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Edward Jones in July 2013.

Takes months - way too long. They may wait too long to get who they want, and employees are likely to get tired of waiting and go other places.

Interview Questions
    Again, long. Not much room for negotiation.

Financial Advisor Trainee (FACD) Interview

The interviewing process is extensive and consist of 10 steps. 3 interviews, 1 Business Plan, and 1 simulation (the day in the life of a financial advisor). They are about to invest $75k in training if you receive and offer so they want to make sure that you are a good fit for the company and that the company is a good fit for you. They really care to see you succeed so they won't hire just anyone.

Interview Questions
    • The day in the life of a financial advisor was the most challenging part of the interview process because you are tested on your customer service skills, communication, networking, organization, and planning.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiating.