Edward Jones

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
359 candidate interviews

Financial Advisor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones in October 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process is was pretty time consuming. You have a phone interview, a face-to-face with an existing FA, another phone interview, write a business plan, go door-knocking, and have the notorious "day in the life" where you role play being an FA by making cold calls, a sales call, and deal with BOA shenanigans. I was recruited by the regional leader for my area, so had a bit of coaching to get through the process. The whole thing, from application submission to offer took about 30 days. You are definitely driving the process, and they are judging you on how driven you are through it. They want you to be self-reflective and persistent, especially with the day in the life. They are trying to give an accurate picture of what you will really be doing in the position.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you sought feedback on your performance and what did you do with that information; tell me about a time you uncovered a client need and exceeded client expectations. Be prepared with your STARs (situation/task, action, results)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted their offer as is, and from what I heard from other people, the same as what people who made what I did at my last job who tried to negotiate more.

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Financial Advisor Trainee
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones in May 2010.

Interview Details – Process was one month long. Several stages and spoke with several people and took aptitude tests. One person was constant through the process and explained, in detail what to expect in the next step of the hiring process. I had two interviews with Financial Advisors in two different cities apx one hour in each direction. One interviewer was male and one female. I was strongly encouraged to "follow the system" and success is going to happen.

Interview Question – Most questions were very straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation for Trainees.

Orlando, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview Details – Went through the nine step interview process. Had spoken to a local Edward Jones Financial Advisor from within and the process was smooth and no issues that I could think of. Application, resume,phone interview,in-person interview, completing a business plan and assessment were done. It took about 45 days to go through the interviewing process. It's based on your own time schedule. Talent Acquisition Manager was very helpful and encouraging as well as other key people in the hiring process.

Interview Question – typical interview questions using the S.T.A.R. Method "Tell me about a time" "Why did you choose Edward Jones?" The Assessment was interesting. But was able to get through it. Just relax and be yourself is what they will tell you.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non- negotiable. Salary was based on the last two years of my w-2'd income. Youe are given incentives while you study for the exam and you are paid to study. Just bring whatever transferable skills you have with you and plug them in. Be ready to work hard.

BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview

BOA Branch Office Administrator

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview Details – The communication process was very efficient. I was given timelines throughout the entire process and the time estimates given were accurate. The in person interview mirrored the telephone interview.

Interview Question – I didn't feel any were difficult.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor

I applied online - interviewed at Edward Jones in June 2014.

Interview Details – The first step for this interview was to do their very easy application. After the application process, I had a call from a local Edward Jones Financial Advisor. He called me to give me to me information on the background of the company and background on the financial advisor role. Then, I had the phone interview. The phone interview was very simple. They wanted you to walk you through your work and educational background and they had about three behavioral questions.

Interview Question – What were the biggest challenge you had to overcome?   Answer Question

BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview

BOA Branch Office Administrator

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones in February 2014.

Interview Details – I had my phone interview and was told a was a very good candidate. I then had my in person and was again told i was a great choice. I did not get the job, but I was told I was such a good candidate that the advisor was going to recomend me to the main office. He felt i woild be an asset for Jones. I have not heard from Jones again. I have applied for two other BOA positions

Interview Question – The questions asked were average, not as difficult as I expected   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Nashville, TN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones in September 2013.

Interview Details – 1st Phone interview. 2nd Door knocking in community. 3rd (2nd phone interview). 4th in-person interview. 5th day-in-the-life (mock day) as an advisor (4hrs). This is a fairly in-depth process.

Interview Question – day-in-the-life   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Base $30k salary or 50% of current income

FA Summer Intern Interview

FA Summer Intern

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview Details – Online application followed by phone interview, relatively straightforward. About 10% of applicants received offers. After accepting offer, within less than a week had to pass a drug test/background check/ fingerprint.

Interview Question – Majoring in economics, why are you suited for a job in finance?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiating.

Financial Advisor

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview Details – Long process of phone interviews, face to face interviews, and a "day in the life" assessment that lasts 4 hours. It was a long process and the "day in the life" assessment was difficult because you are juggling a lot of different situations. Everyone I dealt with was very professional and thorough!

Interview Question – How did you deal with someone you were leading that did not buy into your plan of action?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – In the process of deciding!

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied online and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at Edward Jones in January 2014.

Interview Details – The interviewing process is bizarre. It took three months from the time the job was pulled from the website to the final decision being made. Multiple interviews (phone and face-to-face) even though most/all parties knew me.
Job was offered and accepted by other candidate...I found out more than a week later when I called recruiting...what a job.
Left hand doesn't know they have a right hand.

Interview Question – All the questions are the typical, tell me a time when...

The most difficult to answer is about conflict, tell me a time when you had a conflict with a leader and how did you resolve it...
  View Answer

Reason for Declining – Felt the business area was too disorganized for my taste.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Edward Jones

Worked for Edward Jones? Contribute to the Community!

Edward Jones Videos

Edward Jones – Why Work for Us?

A More Personal Approach to Success You know the financial services industry, but you may not know Edward Jones. We are a unique industry leader known for our more personal approach to business. From locating… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Edward Jones interview questions and advice. All 359 interview reviews posted anonymously by Edward Jones employees and interview candidates.