Edward Jones Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

3.2

EDFA Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Edward Jones in May 2015.

Interview

Long and Drawn out, took almost 3 months with constant rescheduling and calls. 10 step interview process for a potential 40K is def. not worth it. Every step is longer than the next. Even if they will "train you" to be a financial adviser they still want you to be a "natural seller" during their 5 hour long exercise where you have to call actors and try and talk to them and make them buy your hypothetical product. This could be better done some other way than this.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

I was interviewed 5 times, 3 times by phone and 2 times in person with firm partners. There is a 4 hour "day in the life" process which was confusing. A number of successful FA's said they would have never gotten the job if that part of the interview process had be in place when they applied. It seems the rules changed during the training process. The metrics are a moving target.

Interview Questions

• It was an entire process and I am not sure why I was particularly chosen over any other potential candidate.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was made an offer of the base salary based on a % of my salary at my last job,

Application

Interview

Long, About 2.5 months. I went to the "day in the life" stage after being told I was given very high marks in the in person interview. The technology is confusing and not conducive to a "quick read" for the 4 hour test. They didn't tell me there was a four hour assessment through out the whole process up until the end. The assessment is run by a vendor which means all of the prior interviewing is thrown out the window and your fate is decided by the vendor's staff rather than anyone at Edward Jones that you have previously dealt with. Why would anyone put their fate in the hands on anonymous people....why don't they make this the first stage and save everyone a lot of time and effort.

Interview Questions

• How would I be able to find 25 quality contacts per day.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Edward Jones in May 2015.

Interview

Long process that took about 2 months of different interactions from resume and application submission, initial screening, phone interviews, business plan submission and discussion, to a face-to-face interview, and a final virtual day experience. Although EJ claims sales experience is not required, specially since they are trying to hire people with different skills, it can definetily be a factor and even back fire you.

Mutual Fund Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Missouri City, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Missouri City, TX).

Interview

I applied for the position online, within three days I got a phone call from a recruiter. The recruiter went over job details, salary, benefits and schedule. She also asked me some basic questions regarding school and if I was still interested after hearing about the job I applied for. Once I said yes, that I would like to proceed with the interview process she sent me information and links for a standard behavior test online. It's simple and goes over basic call center type issues. Like "you heard Bob say this, would you report him, talk to him or ignore the issue"? Once I had passed that (was simple), there were some forms I had to fill out about job preferences, salary preferences etc. Once that was done I finally got a call from the recruiter to setup an interview with two leaders in the department. The interview was a phone interview that took about two hours in total. I sat in my car at my prior job and took a really long break. The interview was smooth, they asked about my experience in a call center enviroment, asked me about my technical views of how I handled processes and asked about some of the systems I had used. They also went over my resume and asked about times and wanted examples about rough situations and how I handled them. Very smooth interview and I would do it again. About a week later I was offered the job and I accepted. Very nice interview, professional and kind leaders.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had a issue arise between a coworker and yourself. How did you resolve the issue?   1 Answer
    • How do you handle change in a fast paced enviroment?   Answer Question
    • Are you flexible working different shifts based on department needs?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 and 10 years professional and personally?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salaries are set based on role and merit. Work from home jobs are based on market benchmark of the area so pay may not be as negotiable.

Financial Advisor Trainee (FACD) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2015.

Interview

Very long and very difficult. It was hard to gage how well you did throughout the process because there was little feed back as they continued to move you on. I made it to the last step of the process and got bagged on the FA simulation. Shocks me that the last step of a 3 month interview would barry you into the ground with no training or advice on how to approach this stage.

Interview Questions

• How would you properly approach clients to come over to Edward Jones   1 Answer

Academic Training Leader (ATL) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Tempe, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

This was in Tempe AZ. The interview process started with a phone interview with a Sr. Recruiter who asked your typical interview questions (why this job? Tell us about your back ground? Etc.). About 2-months later I was contacted by an Edward Jones recruiter to come in for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Very general/generic trainer interview questions? Tell us about a time when you trained a class? Tell us a time when you had to deliver bad news? Tell us about a time when you mentored another trainer? Tell us about your resume? Etc.   1 Answer

Due to the unprofessionalism during the interview process I was too turned off to accept a job position with Edward Jones.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Submitted application to company website. Hiring is a 10-step process starting with phone screening, then on site face to face interview and business plan. Schedules and time control are well managed. Questions include personal experience, market analysis and how to build your book.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to become a financial advisor for EDJ?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process took about 5-6 weeks, after each step a response was provided in a timely matter but I wish that the company would have been clear to begin with about the compensation and not make me have to do the whole process to find out they offered less than I currently make.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you overcame a problem with a client.   Answer Question

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

The hiring process is a long one but who can blame them when they are investing a lot of time and money on you. All questions in the interview process will be behavioral questions. Just make sure you have some good examples ready. The last step is probably the hardest and is called the day in the life. It's a grueling 4 hour assessment. Overall, it was not a hard interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to make a difficult decision. Why did you make that decision and what was the outcome.   Answer Question