Edward Jones

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Wichita, KS

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview Details – Only 10% of applicants are hired. Applied online, had phone interview, then a Gallup survey to see if I was the right type of personality for the job. Then I interviewed for several hours with a local Investment Rep who was older for several hours. Then drug test.

Interview Question – All fairly normal. They are checking to see if you are sales oriented, can live off little money, have drive to become successful, and have integrity and are likeable.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. You get offered a stipend during training, which was much less than my former salary. Once licensed, you work on commission only. You either get out and make sales, or you leave because you can't live off nothing.

Investment Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview Details – Completed online application; followed by phone interview followed by interview with Broker

Interview Question – Edward Jones hires only 1% of its applicants. Why should you be in the 1%?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It is a pre-established amount for the training period, which lasts for about 6 months. Then, it is based on building your own line of clientele.

Stillwater, OK

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones in March 2010.

Interview Details – I was hired directly out of college. The process included an initial application, which was reviewed to determine if I would have a phone interview. The initial interview was with someone in St Louis and then a psychometric phone interview with a third party. Once that was complete, there is a final interview with someone in a local branch office.

Interview Question – I cannot think of any trick questions. They are looking for entrepreneurial mentality and work ethic over investment knowledge.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – At the time, the program was a one year base (plus lower base while studying if applicable). No negotiation.

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Edward Jones in October 2011.

Interview Details – Very detailed, covered expectations and comp plan. No real suprises, read the package they send you and you'll do just fine

Interview Questions

Worked for Edward Jones? Contribute to the Community!