Edward Jones Interview Questions in St. Louis, MO

Updated Aug 5, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Lengthy, People were nice and kind willing to help many steps to go through Some advice....? Be yourself! have some original ideas and do not waste too much time on the business plan because nobody reads it! they asked me on the second interview things that I wrote in the business plan. i said where in the business plan they should look and they still didn't know what i was talking about. i had to specify the page number and the row for them to find what they were looking for (and that was after they allegedly red it).

Interview Questions

• how do you see yourself in 10 years   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2015.

Interview

So far, all phone interviews: First Interview is a pre-interview. They ask about availability, desired salary and why you think you are a good candidate for the job. They set up the day and time of the next interview. The second interview is a more normal interview process. The interviewer is typing up your answers while you speak. At the end, they say they will pass your answers onto the appropriate people. If they are interested, the next interview will be set up. This can take 1 - 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Questions are pretty standard of an interview, but they are looking for concrete answers. They want specific instances of when you did that.   1 Answer
    • It's a slow process. So far it's been two or three weeks and I've not heard anything back yet.   1 Answer

Senior Financial Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

Initial screening and interview with recruiter was outstanding and very timely. Recruiter was only allowed short time (5/10 minutes) to review candidates with Hiring manager / Department Leader. I got the sense the firm is going through some change. The department I was interviewing has a newer Dept Leader who has their own ideas regarding characteristics and experience required. Don't believe recruiter was informed until I was of what they wanted in new position / role / individual.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

Git up to phone interview portion. The process is a bit long but its worth the effort because they take you seriously. Be prepared to answers some situational questions. Their response time is very fast so you know quickly how far you are in the process. They will ask about your experience because they tailor your offer package according to your experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a situation that was difficult and how you manged to overcome it.   Answer Question

Operations Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Saint Louis, MO) in December 2014.

Interview

Had initial phone interview with recruiter, who then passed my information to the team for review. She called me back the next week to schedule an in person interview with two managers from the team. The next week, I was called back for a third interview, this time with several team members and I was required to facilitate a presentation for them. In the end, they ended up going with an internal candidate for the job, but asked if they could contact me the next time they had an opening on the team (which they did, a couple of months later but I had already found something else). That being said, I had a very positive experience with this team, the recruitr, and this organization overall during my interview process. I would have definitely persued it had I not already found something else. Advice: If you are trying to come in at anything other than the entry level stage, it may be a long and grueling process for you. But if they like you (and you really want to work for them), stick with it! They are not joking when they tell you they will contact you back when they have another opening.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Very long interview process with several interviews. Lack of communication on follow up after interviews but they are aware of revamp in candidate experience is needed and in process. Took 2 months for a final decision, which I had to reach out a few times to follow up. People although are super friendly, culture is strong with happy employees. I would interview again if another position opened.

Interview Questions

• What has been the most challenging moment in my career?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process was long first was a phone interview not unusual about the phone interview. Then their was One on One interview with a Financial Ad visor that went well. Then there was a 4 hour day in the life training I thought I did well but did not receive and offer. I do not think it was time wasted but I do believe that it is to long. Working for 4 hours and not receiving any compensation for that time is not too nice. Problem is I have no clue what I did wrong but something happened at the end. I hear it's a great company to work for if you can get through the interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2014.

Interview

This interview process is a very lenghtly process however it happens quickly. The Interview process include a variety of steps including phone interviews, series of online questions and much more. The hiring process seems acceptable for the position

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with waking door to door   1 Answer

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2014.

Interview

Initial phone interview asked in depth questions regarding employees of current employer. The beginning of the interview seemed less like an interview and more like a fact finding mission. When the interviewer did ask questions about my background, they were very detailed questions, asking for specific examples of times when I had handled certain situations. The phone interview lasted over an hour. The interviewer was not particularly personable and gave me a sense that the company atmosphere was very institutional. This was contrary to what I believed to exist - that the company treated it's employees like family and considered them valuable assets.

Interview Questions

• How many employees did my current employer have? Name your 3 biggest faults.   Answer Question

Service Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2013.

Interview

Takes months - way too long. They may wait too long to get who they want, and employees are likely to get tired of waiting and go other places.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Again, long. Not much room for negotiation.