Edward Jones Interview Questions in St. Louis, MO

3.1

32 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Edward Jones.

Very long interview process with several interviews. Lack of communication on follow up after interviews but they are aware of revamp in candidate experience is needed and in process. Took 2 months for a final decision, which I had to reach out a few times to follow up. People although are super friendly, culture is strong with happy employees. I would interview again if another position opened.

Interview Questions
    • What has been the most challenging moment in my career?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones in July 2014.

The interview process was long first was a phone interview not unusual about the phone interview. Then their was One on One interview with a Financial Ad visor that went well. Then there was a 4 hour day in the life training I thought I did well but did not receive and offer. I do not think it was time wasted but I do believe that it is to long. Working for 4 hours and not receiving any compensation for that time is not too nice. Problem is I have no clue what I did wrong but something happened at the end. I hear it's a great company to work for if you can get through the interview process.

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online – interviewed at Edward Jones in May 2013.

Applied on line and received a call from the recruiter. A phone interview was set up for the next day at a specific time. The recruiter was 15 minutes late in calling and after she called I was on hold for another 5 minutes. We reviewed my job experience and salary expectations. She then scheduled another phone call for behavioral questions. This was done the next business day and upon completion she said I had done an excellent job. She said I would be going on to a face to face interview and she would call within a week to schedule. After two weeks I called her and I immediately knew something was wrong. She told me another recruiter would be scheduling the interview, but then said my application was being held up and is under review. She said she had recommended me to go to the next interview but someone else felt it should be reviewed. She tried to explain who that someone else was but did identify a name or a job title. She started to repeat herself in a very nervous voice. I could tell she was uncomfortable and she said she would call me the next day. I thanked her and hung up. I am still waiting for the call!. Now for my points Why do the recruiters feel they can not be honest just tell the truth. If I am not a good fit for the company just tell me. My second point if the recruiters are going to be less than truthful before I was hired. What would it be like if I got hired.

Interview Questions
    • explain a time when you made a quit decision and what was the out come.   Answer Question

Information Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones in January 2013.

Reached out to a recruiter I had met through my school's career fair and asked if there were any job openings for technology or IT related positions. She put me through to another university recruiter who told me to apply online for an opening they had for this position. I initially was told I would have a couple phone interviews to pass and then they would invite me onsite to their campus. The first phone interview was behavioral, basically just looking to see your personality was a culture fit. The second phone interview was technical but basically related to simple programming concepts you'd get from most intro comp sci classes. After a couple weeks, they called me up and gave me a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you would set up a web application that used two different languages to do different processes. Specifically, how would you connect an application where parts were written in Java and others in C++?   Answer Question
    Only gave me two weeks to decide, and were pretty steadfast on keeping that.

Helpdesk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones.

The interview process is different for everybody. I had a phone interview with HR followed by an in person interview with the TL and DL of the team I would be working for. It took less than two weeks to get hired.

Edward Jones makes an offer and it's take it or leave it. They do not negotiate on salary or benefits.

Insurance Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones in August 2012.

Current Contractor for the Firm in Saint Louis. Worked here for also 8 months contracting made some good contacts within my dept. Applied for the position online, got a call to setup a phone interview, had to call the recruiter back. Interview was for 30mins, tell me a time you did this, how you approached that. After that the next week I was extended a face to face interview with the dept leaders. Same situational questions as the phone interview. They were all really nice and I dont even think I interviewed well cause I was feeling a little sick at the time. Said I would get a call back next week. They called my boss that week and asked questions about my work ethic and attendance ect.. Got a call that next monday and was extended and offer and I accepted. They are starting me in a few weeks after the Background check and Drug Test that I just completed last night. Only a little concerned about my credit check if they do one because I was out of work after being laid off for awhile and bills didnt get paid. I also have a medical collection bill on my credit report I keep forgeting to take care of. I hope this wont hurt my chances of starting on time.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time that you had a project witha group that was failing how you turned it around and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    I didnt negotiate because I have been contracting for 8 months. Any full-time job at the moment is better than none.

Edward Jones Interview

Online application and resume

Phone interview including questions about experience and also behavior based questions (i.e. Tell me about a time when you encountered an obstacle and how you overcame it).

Face to face interview - experience, behavior based, goals, strengths, etc.

Job offer, background check, drug testing, fingerprint

Interview Questions
    • Lots of behavior based questions - tell me about a time...,   Answer Question

Field Supervision Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones in June 2012.

Submitted an application online. Got an email within 2 weeks to set up a phone interview. Interview was rescheduled multiple times. Phone interview took about 1 hour to go through. Asked basic background questions about current job, education, current responsibilities, future career goals, questions about the company, how did you find out about the position, why would you like this position better than your current occupation.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you had to make a decision about something you knew was against firm policy?   Answer Question

Syndicate Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Edward Jones in June 2012.

Several interviews with senior managers. Focused on experience and their culture.

Salary offer too low.

Financial Advisor Trainee (FACD) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones in May 2012.

You go through an initial phone interview with a regular HR person. Then you have another phone interview with an FA recruiter HR person. After then they will schedule a face to face interview with a high level FA in the area around you, to see if you have what it takes. Finally when you pass that, they will send you a sample marketing packet. You will have to create a mock business plan ( I suggest becoming friends with a local EDJ FA for help), and participate in their business building activity. Which is going door to door asking people to do a business survey with you. They do this to see if you are comfortable going door to door to build your business.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are pretty basic. One that threw me off was. If someone at the door asked you what a hot stock was, what would you say?   View Answer
    No negotiations, salary is set.