Edward Jones

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Saint Louis, MO

I applied online - interviewed at Edward Jones in May 2013.

Interview Details – Applied on line and received a call from the recruiter. A phone interview was set up for the next day at a specific time. The recruiter was 15 minutes late in calling and after she called I was on hold for another 5 minutes. We reviewed my job experience and salary expectations. She then scheduled another phone call for behavioral questions. This was done the next business day and upon completion she said I had done an excellent job. She said I would be going on to a face to face interview and she would call within a week to schedule. After two weeks I called her and I immediately knew something was wrong. She told me another recruiter would be scheduling the interview, but then said my application was being held up and is under review. She said she had recommended me to go to the next interview but someone else felt it should be reviewed. She tried to explain who that someone else was but did identify a name or a job title. She started to repeat herself in a very nervous voice. I could tell she was uncomfortable and she said she would call me the next day. I thanked her and hung up. I am still waiting for the call!. Now for my points Why do the recruiters feel they can not be honest just tell the truth. If I am not a good fit for the company just tell me. My second point if the recruiters are going to be less than truthful before I was hired. What would it be like if I got hired.

Interview Question – explain a time when you made a quit decision and what was the out come.   Answer Question

Tempe, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Edward Jones in August 2011.

Interview Details – It began with the recruiter calling to set up a phone interview. After the telephone interview, I was called to interview in person about a month later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to rebuild a relationship.   Answer Question
  • Why do you want to work for Edward Jones?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with your boss. What was the issue and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones in July 2011.

Interview Details – Due to internally transferring into this position it wasn't a lengthy process. Situation, Action, Result behavior based questions. 1:1 interview, a group panel interview as well as an interview with a General Partner of the area. The first two interviews were more structured than the others.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to repair a customer relationship. What was the situation, what approach did you take and what was the outcome.   Answer Question
  • Tell me how to play the game tic, tac, toe.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation. I wouldn't recommend negotiating, there isn't any give.

Very Difficult Interview

Team Leader

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Edward Jones in July 2011.

Interview Details – after reading the job description online, sent in a resume and coverletter. I was then contacted by the recruiter and set up a telephone interview with her. She then set up a time for the face to face interview. Only panel interviews are done at Edward Jones. It was a difficult interview.

Interview Question – What does the term "Leader" mean to you.   Answer Question

Worked for Edward Jones? Contribute to the Community!