Edwards Lifesciences

Updated Dec 6, 2014

2.8

TDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Edwards Lifesciences.

Came across Edwards on the web and applied online. Received an email and scheduled a call with a senior engineer. The call was about 45 minutes in length, but they were late to calling. Basically read back my resume to me and asked questions about it. Not one behavioral or situational question asked.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was solely based on my resume - no situatonal or behavioral questions at all.   Answer Question

Safety Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Edwards Lifesciences.

interview was friendly, and natural conversation in style with those involved. They appeared interested though not prying or digging to find something bad. Though there was a subtle way of finding out about one's family situation/status.

Payroll Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Edwards Lifesciences.

I received communications via both a recruitier and the human resources department at Edwards Lifesciences. I very much appreciated the phone interview with HR. The contact was engaging and the individual was very por service and had great things to say about the company.I interviewed with two people who were both very nice and knowledgable and seemed to care a great deal about the company.

Technical Supervisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Edwards Lifesciences.

Interviewed with 2 managers from Draper, UT. Pretty standard HR type questions. Very relaxed atmosphere. They are looking for leaders. Previous leadership examples of dealing with adversity, employees, & coworkers. The position requires a bachelors degree. The managers showed several examples of the materials to make the final product. They gave examples of how their products are being used in medical procedures.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of how handled an employee that wasn't performing satisfactory.   Answer Question

Staff Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Edwards Lifesciences in August 2014.

Edwards is a strong market leader. I had a phone screening by HR, then later by the hiring manager. Finally, I had an on site interview with several people from different departments. Everyone was very friendly and professional. It was a very welcoming environment. Seems like a great place to work. Very nice campus. The interview topics ranged from technical to behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • Describe one more positive trait about yourself. (after having already described one)   Answer Question

The offer was very good, but sadly I had to decline for personal reasons. The timing of the offer did not work for me and my family.

Laboratory Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Edwards Lifesciences.

Applied online, managed to get through the system. Got a call from HR a few weeks after I applied, and had a brief phone interview to the recruiter. I then got a call back within a week setting up an interview with four people including the hiring manager, and was called with an offer the next business day. Everything was very prompt and the people very friendly!

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Edwards Lifesciences in July 2014.

Applied online, after 4 weeks later, I got a call from HR.
    1. Phone Interview- Asked a variety of questions (40 mins long)
    2. In person interview- 4 people. Had to show report skills, answer scenario questions, answer behavioral questions. Also, demonstrated database skills. Total time: 2 hours and 30 mins.
    3. Called back for an offered. (negotiable) :)
    4. Backround check- 3 days and got a call back from HR.
    5. Ready to start!

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you and the difference between oracle vs microsoft SQL databases.   View Answer
    Be able to show that you can do the work if its a technical interview. I was able to pass and prove them that I can do the work and I was also employed during that time.

Algorithm Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Edwards Lifesciences in April 2014.

Initial phone screening with the hiring manager (questions on fundamentals of signal processing), second round interview with 4 people (including the hiring manager again, head of DSP in R&D, strategy & management)

Interview Questions
    • was asked to explain master's thesis, questions on pattern recognition & signal processing (filtering, nyquist theorem), mathematical modeling   Answer Question

Quality Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Edwards Lifesciences.

I interviewed with Edwards initially during an on-campus interview in conjunction with a university-sponsored career fair. The company has two programs (in addition to internship opportunities) for new grads. The on-campus interview came after an invited information session (chosen through resumes received at the career fair) and was with a manufacturing engineer director for the new grad direct hire program. The interview was great, and I was invited to interview at the company. I met with another (quality engineer) director, two managers (quality and manufacturing), an HR rep, a quality staff engineer, and went to lunch with another pair of engineers. I was told I would here back in 7-10 days. I tried to follow-up with them but did not hear back for over three weeks, before I was told they had chosen someone else.
    Most of the new hires for the company come through a staffing service though and work on a contract-to-hire basis. I contacted the staffing manager for a different position and he looked over my resume and contacted me a couple of times with opportunities. One of them, a quality engineer position, was a great fit. I enthusiastically got back to him and he set up some interviews, the first was over the phone. I did well there and was invited to the company again. I met with a staff engineer, a quality engineer manager, and the division quality director. They gave me a tour and looked into my technical background. I was told I would hear back in one week. Six days later, they called and offered me the standard six-month contract offer. I set a start date (they were very accomodating) and have loved my start at the company.

Interview Questions
    • With the staff quality engineers: What statistics would you use in a given situation (they through out a couple of situations and wanted to know how I would approach identifying and addressing the problems)?   View Answer
    • All interviewers: tell me how you handled a situation where you had to prove that your method was better than someone else's.   View Answer
    No negotiation. The contract is set.

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Edwards Lifesciences.

Screening phone interview with HR, then followup phone interview with Senior Product Manager at later date. Third interview was in person on campus and consisted of meeting with Branding Manager, Group Manager, Director of International Marketing, Training Product Manager, and Product Manager. Was informed that 4th interview was with Senior product manager and a 20 min ppt presentation consisting of 3 people about project you managed and saw through.

Interview Questions
    • What was your most creative idea and how you saw it through?
      If I was to give you 500k, what would you do with that money in your position?
      If you had 6 projects and you only have enough time to get 4 done what would you do?
      What is most difficult situation you’ve dealt with and how did you overcome it?

Answer Question