Edwards Lifesciences

Relevance Date Difficulty

Quality Engineer I Interview

Quality Engineer I
Draper, UT

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Edwards Lifesciences.

Interview Details – I interviewed with Edwards initially during an on-campus interview in conjunction with a university-sponsored career fair. The company has two programs (in addition to internship opportunities) for new grads. The on-campus interview came after an invited information session (chosen through resumes received at the career fair) and was with a manufacturing engineer director for the new grad direct hire program. The interview was great, and I was invited to interview at the company. I met with another (quality engineer) director, two managers (quality and manufacturing), an HR rep, a quality staff engineer, and went to lunch with another pair of engineers. I was told I would here back in 7-10 days. I tried to follow-up with them but did not hear back for over three weeks, before I was told they had chosen someone else.
Most of the new hires for the company come through a staffing service though and work on a contract-to-hire basis. I contacted the staffing manager for a different position and he looked over my resume and contacted me a couple of times with opportunities. One of them, a quality engineer position, was a great fit. I enthusiastically got back to him and he set up some interviews, the first was over the phone. I did well there and was invited to the company again. I met with a staff engineer, a quality engineer manager, and the division quality director. They gave me a tour and looked into my technical background. I was told I would hear back in one week. Six days later, they called and offered me the standard six-month contract offer. I set a start date (they were very accomodating) and have loved my start at the company.

Interview Questions

• With the staff quality engineers: What statistics would you use in a given situation (they through out a couple of situations and wanted to know how I would approach identifying and addressing the problems)?   View Answer
  • All interviewers: tell me how you handled a situation where you had to prove that your method was better than someone else's.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. The contract is set.

Associate Assembler HVT Interview

Associate Assembler HVT
Draper, UT

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Edwards Lifesciences in November 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process actually seemed to go very well. The interviewer was very friendly and outgoing, and appeared very "bought in" to the company. He talked it up a LOT, and got me really believing in Edwards as an awesome place to work. The only problem is, that after working there for a period of time, and talking to fellow employees, I found that much of what I was told in the recruitment process was far from accurate, and, had I been given accurate information, I probably would never have accepted the job.

Interview Question – Being asked to describe specific instances where I had taken initiative to solve problems, etc. My mind just drew a blank, though I thought of many instances after the interview was over.
I asked a lot of questions, and expressed concerns over certain aspects of the job, and received very pointed, very specific answers. Which, at the time, I thought was great. Only it turns out that it wasn't accurate information.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no real negotiation. They made an offer and that was what they were willing to do. Period.
Looking back now, I would suggest that you ask LOTS of questions (I did), but don't just accept what the recruiter tells you, re-voice them to the manager that interviews you (if you get a secondary interview) and be sure that you get the same responses. That was where my mistake was. I found out through working here that the responses I was given by the recruiter were not in accordance with what I could actually expect.

Associate Product Manager Interview

Associate Product Manager
Irvine, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Edwards Lifesciences.

Interview Details – Screening phone interview with HR, then followup phone interview with Senior Product Manager at later date. Third interview was in person on campus and consisted of meeting with Branding Manager, Group Manager, Director of International Marketing, Training Product Manager, and Product Manager. Was informed that 4th interview was with Senior product manager and a 20 min ppt presentation consisting of 3 people about project you managed and saw through.

Interview Question – What was your most creative idea and how you saw it through?
If I was to give you 500k, what would you do with that money in your position?
If you had 6 projects and you only have enough time to get 4 done what would you do?
What is most difficult situation you’ve dealt with and how did you overcome it?
  Answer Question

Rotation Program Interview

Rotation Program
Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Edwards Lifesciences in November 2012.

Interview Details – Flew us out to HQ for a two day interview process. Had team building and then 5-6 interviews.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were discussing past experiences, future interests, and your inclination to living in the area.   Answer Question

Solutions Architect Interview

Solutions Architect
Irvine, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Edwards Lifesciences.

Interview Details – There were 2 stages of interview
1) Telephone - Number of interviews 3, Mostly technical.
2) Was called for in person interview, 3 people interviewed me for about 2 hours mostly related to position.

HR is very good and they follow up very well, if you have applied HR makes sure that your resume reaches hiring manager, they setup the interview very professionally.

Interview process I would say is moderate, interviewers are friendly and mostly stick to position related questions.

Interview Question – They asked me a on hand problem solution.   View Answer

Engineer I Interview

Engineer I
Draper, UT

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Edwards Lifesciences in June 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online through the company's webpage. I received a call from an HR recruiter about two days later and scheduled a phone interview that week. After the phone interview, I did not hear back from the company for about a month (even with sending followup emails/phone calls). After a month I received a call to confirm my continued interest in the position. An onsite interview was scheduled shortly after. The onsite interview consisted of 5 one on one interviews, each taking about 30 minutes. I spoke with various people from different departments that I would be interacting with on the job. After the interviews, I received another call back about 3 days later to schedule a final interview with one supervisor. After that interview, I received a call later that day with the offer.

Interview Question – Pretty average questions. Questions focused on academic background, major school projects, and internship experiences.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Edwards Lifesciences.

Interview Details – Soon after sending my resume, I received a call from an internal recruiter. Next day I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. After that I was called for an interview with six different managers. I was treated respectfully and everyone behaved very professionally. They also communicated me that the position was given to another candidate in a timely manner.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions. The questions were related to the position and previous experience. They asked me about achievements and why I wanted to leave my current employer.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Edwards Lifesciences.

Interview Details – Pre-Screening and then interview with the manager.

Interview Question – I thought I did well. Not selected.   Answer Question

Senior CAD Operator Interview

Senior CAD Operator
Midvale, UT

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Edwards Lifesciences in June 2009.

Interview Details – It was a few hours long, but it went quick. The people who interviewed me were the types of people who would be working with me and they wanted to get a good feel for how well I would fill that position and meet the needs. I interviewed, and then about a week later I received a call from HR informing me that they wanted to offer me the position, I accepted and they told me when to come in, and who to meet to start training.

Interview Question – The most difficult questions were the ones that deal with moral situations that will very rarely ever come up. The question is posed in a way that makes it seem like there is no GOOD answer, only BAD, and LESS BAD.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Edwards Lifesciences in June 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed with Senior Manager after I submitted a resume through my schools job portal. Got called by University Relations on whether I would be interested in speaking to the hiring manager.

Gave honest answers, I have not worked with Medical devices before. Do research on what the company does beforehand. Different departments and what they work on.

Interview Question – Have you taken any courses concerning Medical Devices?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Edwards Lifesciences

Worked for Edwards Lifesciences? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Edwards Lifesciences interview questions and advice. All 32 interview reviews posted anonymously by Edwards Lifesciences employees and interview candidates.