Efficient Frontier Interview Questions

2.9

Account Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Efficient Frontier (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

Veyr knowledgeable about comapny, seemed appealing

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Efficient Frontier (New York, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

Initial communications with the company were brief prior to the interview, and entirely by email. The interview was behavioral in nature with few questions of technical knowledge. The interviewer seemed uncomfortable with the entire process, and was from a different office. There was a follow up conversation by phone, and then an offer by email with a follow up call again. The offer was specific and detailed.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Efficient Frontier in December 2007.

Interview

An initial phone screening followed by an on-site interview with four individuals of various levels. I sent thank you notes following the interviews, which they responded to. They ended up giving the job to someone with more direct experience with direct marketing (I only had one internship experience). It took them a little more than a week to get back to me with the response.

Software Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Efficient Frontier (Sunnyvale, TX) in May 2007.

Interview

phone screen, few interviews

QA Engineer Interview

Interview

There will be 4 to 5 rounds in interview. Since, QA is hired for Automation, they will be tested in coding skills, DBMS, database concepts, general questions. You can code in any language.

Interview Questions

• Data structures will be little tough... But if you are aware of concepts, it will be easy.   Answer Question

Algorithms Engineer Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Efficient Frontier in May 2011.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with a group member in the morning. The questions are very general.
    After that, I got the opportunity to onsite. I had four 1:1 interview in their company. They are a group member, the hiring manager and two founders. They introduced the company and the group. Most questions are related to their projects. But one of the founders was very rude and kept interrupting me when I spoke. He asked some coding and SQL questions.

Software Engineer (Test Developer) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Efficient Frontier (Chennai (India)) in March 2011.

Interview

As the role is Automation Test Engineer, coding skills will be tested in any one of the known languages.
    Data base concepts will be interviewed with real time scenarios
    Experience in Projects will be interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Basic file concepts and search for a string and sub string or pattern of a string in a file in any desired programming language   Answer Question
    • Gave real time left join scenario in data base concepts and asked for the output result   Answer Question

Negotiation

As i interviewed as a fresher, i did not negotiate.

Architect Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Efficient Frontier in March 2007.

Interview

phone screen then interview in office at sunnyvale
    lots of sql questions
    lots of java questions then some drinks and snaks