Egenera Interview Questions

Updated Feb 26, 2015
Updated Feb 26, 2015

Interviews for Top Jobs at Egenera

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Egenera in June 2007.

The hiring manager called for a phone screen and was very pleasant. He asked questions about my most recent software projects, and provided a lot of information about the company and software team. He mentioned that the company was doing well and aiming to go public with an IPO very soon. When I arrived for the interview, I was surprised by the large number of boxes and large crated computers in every hallway. It seemed pretty cramped. They were having problems with the HVAC system that day, and there was water pouring out of the ceiling into someone's cube (I kid you not). Meanwhile, I was starting to sweat from the sweltering heat. I interviewed with two engineers who were pretty easy to talk with but grilled me on hypervisor algorithms. On the way to one engineer's office, we went through the very hot hardware lab with dozens of large systems haphazardly cabled together and rivers of power cords all over the floor. In the end, I didn't get an offer, but I heard later that they a layoff anyway.

Interview Questions
    • There was almost a pop quiz of what the latest bugs in the Xen hypervisor are.   View Answer

Senior Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Egenera in May 2014.

I. interview on telephone. Getting to know you questions - all very easy and pleasant.
    2. Met with senior manager in person - talked through CV.
    3. Had telephone interviews with 6 additional execs - some easy, some very intense.
    4. Panel presentation to 5 people (2 internal / 3 external) on their product set.

Finally, after wasting so much telephone and preparation time they decided to change strategy and not hire anyone.

Interview Questions
    • What was the biggest deal that you lost and what did you learn?   Answer Question