Egnyte Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Egnyte

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Egnyte in September 2014.

I applied online and got a phone call from a recruiter shortly after. He asked good questions and took the time to understand my professional background then invited me for an in-person interview - he represented the company very well. You can tell this company strives to hire the right fit the first time, they had me sit with three other employees in the role I would be doing and talked about the pros/cons and tried to understand my experience and how I'd fit in. Then I met with the VP who was friendly, consultative, and a pleasure to talk to. I definitely wanted to work for him after the interview, I could tell I'd learn a lot. Unfortunately ... they didn't get back to me until I had already accepted another position, otherwise I would have definitely continued the conversation.

Interview Questions
    • It was consultative, they assess who you are as person, your personality, and your strengths and weaknesses. They are really looking for a strong cultural fit who will have the work ethic to succeed. There are no trick questions, you just need to be yourself.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Egnyte in June 2014.

Phone interviews followed by in-person interviews. Recruiter was competent, but HR staff was disorganized and left me sitting in a conference room for quite a while. Interviewers seemed severely dissatisfied and confused about company / team goals.

Upper management interviewer was extremely rude during the interview. I got the impression that he was looking for a yes-man with no sense of self-worth. He asked me questions such as "Are you willing to respond to emails 24/7?"

Did not receive an offer. If I had, I would have hastily declined.

Interview Questions