Egnyte Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2015

2.5

Accounts Receivable Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Egnyte (Mountain View, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied using LinkedIn. I got a call 2 days later asking to schedule a phone interview that same week. 2 days later, I had the phone interview. The interviewer said that they were in the middle of phone interviews and would e-mail me 2-3 weeks later. I e-mailed him 3 weeks later when I didn't hear anything from him and he didn't e-mail me back.

Interview Questions

• What do you do at your current job? How much do you get paid right now? How much notice would you need to leave your current job?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Egnyte (Mountain View, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Got a personal reference from a friend. From there, there was a phone screen from a recruiter, followed by in-office interview, with a partial job shadow the following week. Unless you know someone inside the company, it is really difficult to get an interview. Everyone is very friendly and so long as you know your stuff and are confident that you know yourself and can present that you are confident, you are good. Be sure you come off strong. This position needs backbone.

Interview Questions

• Have you heard of Zen Desk or have any experience with it?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Egnyte (Mountain View, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call from a recruiter shortly after. He asked good questions and took the time to understand my professional background then invited me for an in-person interview - he represented the company very well. You can tell this company strives to hire the right fit the first time, they had me sit with three other employees in the role I would be doing and talked about the pros/cons and tried to understand my experience and how I'd fit in. Then I met with the VP who was friendly, consultative, and a pleasure to talk to. I definitely wanted to work for him after the interview, I could tell I'd learn a lot. Unfortunately ... they didn't get back to me until I had already accepted another position, otherwise I would have definitely continued the conversation.

Interview Questions

• It was consultative, they assess who you are as person, your personality, and your strengths and weaknesses. They are really looking for a strong cultural fit who will have the work ethic to succeed. There are no trick questions, you just need to be yourself.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Egnyte in June 2014.

Interview

Phone interviews followed by in-person interviews. Recruiter was competent, but HR staff was disorganized and left me sitting in a conference room for quite a while. Interviewers seemed severely dissatisfied and confused about company / team goals. Upper management interviewer was extremely rude during the interview. I got the impression that he was looking for a yes-man with no sense of self-worth. He asked me questions such as "Are you willing to respond to emails 24/7?" Did not receive an offer. If I had, I would have hastily declined.

SMB Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Egnyte in April 2014.

Interview

A lot of people interviewed. Different personalities, some trick questions. They seemed busy. They rescheduled quite a bit and put the process on hold at least twice. Growing sales org.

Employee Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Egnyte in January 2013.

Interview

No process and bad interview preparation due to hiring manager not organized. No structure and Recruiting shows no organization. Don't interview here unless your desperate. Interview process has no realy structure or planning and it shows!!!!!!!!!!!