Egon Zehnder

Updated Feb 18, 2015
Updated Feb 18, 2015

2.7

Summer Research Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Egon Zehnder in January 2015.

The first interview was a phone screening with basic questions about your resume. I had positive feedback when referencing specific things Egon Zehnder does (such as a fixed-fee payment for assignments). The second is a case interview and a behavioral interview. The first interview took about 25 minutes and the second one will take roughly 2 hours.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What experience do you have that would qualify you for this position? What does EZ do? Tell me about research you have done. What leadership roles have you had? Have your resume at hand in order to reference it.   Answer Question

Summer Consulting Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Egon Zehnder in January 2015.

30 minute phone interview screening. I talked with the head recruiter for my university. He asked basic fit questions. The interviewer was friendly, though a tad awkward on the phone; he also called about 15 minutes late. Presumably there would be a case interview after, but I never heard anything back from the company.

Senior Research Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Egon Zehnder in March 2014.

I had applied online, the headhunter shortlisted me and I visited the Gurgaon office at least 3 times, for the interview process. I cleared the written round, the HR discussion, round involving discussion with the Team Leader in India. The last interview I answered was a Skype interview with an industry specialist in Europe. She seemed positive about and impressed with my candidacy. I was assured I will be called again but eventually the headhunter informed me that they were more inclined towards another male candidate who was yet to answer the third round (though I had answered the fourth one).

The interview process is very long, with no clarity to the candidate.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if the information you seek isn't available online?   Answer Question

Summer Research Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Egon Zehnder in November 2014.

Applied through campus recruiting. One on one phone interview was first. Interviewer was an alumnae from my university. Got through to the in-person interview with a couple of their analysts on-site. However, they did not even have the courtesy to tell me of my result, even after I had emailed them.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Egon Zehnder in November 2014.

Did 3 round of interviews. Many of the questions are typical just have examples ready. There is scenario testing to see how you rationalize and problem solve. Be prepared to explain.

Interview Questions
    I used an agency. I got exactly what I asked for.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Applied via campus recruiting. Had an initial in person interview that consisted of a behavioral style with one practitioner and a case style interview. The case was pretty much a walkthrough of how you would approach a typical search assignment. It is more about the quality of the questions you ask and how you think about the situation rather than your knowledge of search.

Interview Questions
    • how would you go about researching how much an executive at this level should be paid?   Answer Question

Summer Research Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Egon Zehnder.

phone interview and then a following behavioral interview and then a case interview. 2 on 1 case interview, somewhat of a stess interview. basically describe an executive search process thoroughly, how you would go about finding a cfo or a ceo for a certain company given these criteria

Associate-Information Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Egon Zehnder in April 2013.

- Written test which basically revolves around candidate's work profile information. A little grammar and maths.
    - Long wait (which is not worth it)
    - A test again for your judgement (internet is also used in this one)
    - Boring interview with the manager or senior TL

They have a fixed bar set for it. You can't negotiate because expenditure is more important than the candidate.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Egon Zehnder.

1 phone screen, 1 onsite interview, 1 phone interview with the specific office i was recruiting for. The whole process probably took about 3 weeks, and was pretty smooth. Really nice people, and almost everyone I talked to was an alumn from my school. They don't have a separate recruiting team - they do all the recruiting themselves which is really nice.

Interview Questions
    • Phone screen - background and resumé questions
      On-campus interview - 30 mins of background and resumé questions, 30 min case study. The case is not too difficult and usually involves walking through the search process (ie, they give you a search -- "we have been hired to look for a new Chief Marketing Officer at X company. How would you go about this search?) The idea is to be as structured as possible in your response, justify your assumptions, and communicate well with the interviewer.

Office-specific phone interview - they just asked some background questions, and why I was specifically interested in that office.

Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Very easy to talk with them. Questions were kept general. Why do you want this job? Where do you see yourself in five years? Tell me about previous employment. They talked about the position and expectations. Company culture. Hours. Parking.