Egon Zehnder Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.6

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

First a written test (Aptitude) which includes logical reasoning, english, basic maths. The test was not very difficult. Then an interview with the team leader which was good. He asked basi questions related to the job profile.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder in July 2015.

Interview

First round was a 20-30 minute phone interview--mostly fit with a question or two about why you're interested in EZ/executive search. Second round was an hour and a half Skype call split in half--the first half was fit and the second half was working through an executive search case. My interviewer was very personable and friendly. Received a call from my interviewer about a week and a half later with the news that I would be extended an offer, took about another week for the full details to come with office location assignment.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about filling a senior VP for North America position for __ company?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

I had a phone interview with a current analyst. Then I met him and a few others at my school's career fair. Later that day, I was contacted to set up an in-person interview.I then had behavioral and case interview in person on campus

Interview Questions

• typical questions about resume, then walking through a basic executive search   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in April 2014.

Interview

the candidate should have a brief know how of the current economy status, should some brief knowledge of the fortune 500 companies and their internal management hierarchy. study something in relation to the top 10 companies in every field like consultancy, life science, automobiles, chemical etc.

Interview Questions

• how much you know about Pfizer?   1 Answer

Summer Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (Berkeley, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Spoke with representatives at university sponsored career fair, dropped off resume. Got an email around two weeks later to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was fairly informal, I had the chance to ask as many questions as I answered. Later that week got an email inviting me to an on-campus interview. On-campus interview consisted of two back-to back interviews. First was behavioral, where I answered and asked questions with two current Employees. Second interview was a case interview, modeling the executive search process with a few different stages.

Interview Questions

• To fill the company's requirements for this role, what industries would you begin to search in?   Answer Question

Summer Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone interview that last about 30 minutes which was mostly behavioral, an explanation of what the company does, your potential position as a summer analyst and some questions for the interviewer. The phone interview did not need any real preparation, just some careful thought about how you would answer some questions like "what did you do in this situation when someone challenged you?" etc etc. The in-person interview took place at my university, which was two 45 minute back to back interviews starting with a behavioral interview and then a case. The case wasn't too difficult, it was just more about showing your enthusiasm and potential to the interviewer. They were more interested in seeing your thought process more so than the responses you came up with. Overall, not too difficult of an interview process. Just be confident, personable, do some research on the company, and you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about researching filling a CFO position for Avon in North America? How do you handle situations where your superiors do not agree with your point of view? Why do you want to work for us?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

it was fun overall . The consultants were friendly and obviously focused on your past experiences. Be sure to know what you have learned from each experience . Got a good vibe from the company

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder in January 2015.

Interview

The first interview was a phone screening with basic questions about your resume. I had positive feedback when referencing specific things Egon Zehnder does (such as a fixed-fee payment for assignments). The second is a case interview and a behavioral interview. The first interview took about 25 minutes and the second one will take roughly 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What experience do you have that would qualify you for this position? What does EZ do? Tell me about research you have done. What leadership roles have you had? Have your resume at hand in order to reference it.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (Boston, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

Did 3 round of interviews. Many of the questions are typical just have examples ready. There is scenario testing to see how you rationalize and problem solve. Be prepared to explain.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I used an agency. I got exactly what I asked for.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Interview

Applied via campus recruiting. Had an initial in person interview that consisted of a behavioral style with one practitioner and a case style interview. The case was pretty much a walkthrough of how you would approach a typical search assignment. It is more about the quality of the questions you ask and how you think about the situation rather than your knowledge of search.

Interview Questions

• how would you go about researching how much an executive at this level should be paid?   Answer Question