Egon Zehnder Interview Questions

2.6

Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Egon Zehnder in February 2013.

Received a thirty minute interview after submitting a resume through my campus recruiting system. The interview appeared to be pretty casual. Focus was on describing each experience in my resume, and being able to describe me background and interests. Make sure you know the order and content of your resume. Try and relate it to the job you're trying for.

Interview Questions
    • Can you describe how each of the experiences in the different countries you lived in have affected/developed you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Egon Zehnder in October 2012.

Lots of interviews. Very process oriented. Look for detail orientation, ability to do mundane things and find interest in them, interpersonal skills. Case: make sure you make sense of everything you are thinking. its about how you think about the person. For me it was a CEO resume and whether his qualifications would match a job description. If you don't like that don't do the job because that is what you do all day.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to multitask under pressure.   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Intern, Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Egon Zehnder in June 2012.

I contacted the company because I was in the area and needed some work experience before applying to jobs. The phone interview was pretty boilerplate, standard behavioral questions (greatest strengths, why interested in company, etc.) After the interview ended, I was asked to come in to the company for a one on one interview, where I was told I would be given a test. I haven't completed the 1:1 interview yet, so no word on contents of the interview or test.

Research Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Egon Zehnder in March 2012.

The interviewer came down to campus job fair and I sent him my resume. He then arranged a phone interview with me. Basic resume question on my experiences and interests.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Egon Zehnder in October 2011.

The interview process began with a phone interview of about 30 minutes in length, which was made up primarily of behavioral and informational questions. Next, I was notified by email that I was invited to interview in their office down town the following week. This interview was roughly 3 hours, and was the conglomeration of 2 1:1 interviews and a group interview, as well as a written skills test. The interviewers were all extremely kind and their personalities/enthusiasm were one of the deciding factors in my decision to accept their offer. I met with my supervisor, a leading consultant as well as two research associates that will work with me during my internship. Altogether, I had a very positive experience interviewing with EZI, and I expect that it was indicative of the time I am to spend there.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you worked on a project start to finish. What was the situation? How did you address the problem? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Egon Zehnder in December 2010.

I applied to the internship program which was prepared for the first time but it appears that they will continue doing it every year. It is usually for the Spring Semesters where they take a bunch of interns in each office location provide them with a very good training and select about 30% of interns at the end of the internship to offer a full-time position.
    I had a half an hour phone interview first with two Research Associates then I was brought to their office for a round of interviews which included the Research Associates and the Head of Research. After explaining a bit about the company they allowed me to speak for more than half an hour about myself, interests and accomplishments. They are very nice and friendly. Goodlooking peole and very well dressed up so I guess you cannot expect to dress casual and always take care of you appearance.
    Also, they kind of want to learn about your personality, your interests and goals and they explained that the hierarchy at the company is very horizontal. No technical questions were asked. The only thing they asked me to do is do a reasoning exercice where I was given a text and a resume I needed to comment on. It was very easy and they informed me that they were impressed. Then I was invited for a second round but it wasn't an interview just meeting the consultants and partners at the office.

Interview Questions
    • You come from a technical background why are you interested in doing some qualitative work instead.   View Answer

I wanted to join but as an international student my employment authorization document got delayed and for that reason they couldn't accomodate me since they waned me to start at a certain date as they seem to have invested heavily in their training program. The pay wasn't going to be great (12 USD an hour).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Egon Zehnder in May 2008.

Your typical consultant agency. Heavy on Research so be prepared with market trends, up to date business deals that took place. Basically know what is going on concerning the company

Research Analyst Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Egon Zehnder.

I applied for the Analyst position with EZIRS through HR and received a call from HR team for interview. It was told to me that there are altogether 3 rounds of interview. I went to there office on scheduled time and waited for 1 hr then HR came (HR mentioned, she was not informed that I have come, very unprofessional since there were 2 reception counters whom I informed about contact HR). Than after preliminary HR round I shared my experience in brief and told my last drawn and expected CTC, HR made a note of that. HR told it's night shift (again unprofessional, as it was not mentioned on phone) I was given another Logical Reasoning and Research test for 2.5hrs, I finished that and waited for HR to come. HR told me to leave for the day and they will inform me in next 3-4 days, if I qualify. I received the next call and same HR confirmed that I have cleared the test (as I expected). As HR scheduled my interview for the final round and sent me an invitation in Google calender with the project lead. I again reached before time and my meeting was done on time, that went well as project and work related discussion was done and the lead looked satisfied. HR told me that my profile was perfect and liked by the lead and so HR proposed me the salary slab (for the 1st time). I was surprised to know that HR was under the impression, that she had already communicated the salary slab to me (again how unprofessional as she hadn't), though I was very positive and said please you can share with me now. HR told 3.5 is max. (which is way less than what I previously had). Even than I agreed to the same. HR told me that her manager would meet me for the final thing and that I have to wait for some time. Again HR came and told me manager is busy in induction so please wait a bit more, I waited patiently. After 15-20 mins HR came and told me that I can leave for the day as manager would like to discuss my profile with lead (I didn't know what to discuss more). HR told she would call me in 2-3 days. After 3 days I called up HR and asked about the status, 1st she refused to recall (highly unprofessional), than when I asked her more specifically that she was to call me, than HR said due to some "Protocol Issue" they can't process my candidature. As a best HR practice you have to decide over protocol (if any) and other candidate details prior candidate selection process and if criteria don't match that needs to be communicated initially only not when candidate clears all round, So my experience is - very unprofessional and unstructured HR practice.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Egon Zehnder.

The process began with a call from a consultancy regarding an opening for "Data Executive" profile. Interview was scheduled and i reached their office on time. The recruiter there went through my resume and asked me some basic questions. She told me there was no opening for the profile I had come for but they could consider me for Research Analyst. It made me wonder what kind of firm does that! Yes I decided to go ahead and was handed over the sheets for the written test. Another test based on computer followed and I was told that I was done for the day. I received a call after the weekend telling me that I had cleared the initial rounds and was needed the next day to appear for further face-to-face interviews. I made myself available and was interviewed by HR head first and then the Research head. Subsequently I was told that I had cleared both the rounds and would soon receive the offer for joining. The catch is there was never a mention of salary or anything. I waited for 2 weeks during which i was repeatedly told over the phone that the paper work was stuck and would be sorted soon. Ultimately they tell me I have not been cleared by the research head. What happened in the 2 weeks?

Interview Questions
    • The interviews were simple with no difficult questions as such. But its important to know that Business research is quite different from Science based research   View Answers (2)

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Egon Zehnder in April 2013.

Initial rounds were introduction and written test which went well and thereafter I was called for a final round with the senior leadership team which involved HR interview.