Egon Zehnder

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
23 candidate interviews

Research Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Interview Details – I applied for the job through LinkedIn and received a phone call a couple days later. The interview very professional exactly what you would think that someone who works for a leading executive search firm is like.

The interview lasted maybe 20 minutes and I was asked some basic questions about my experience and qualifications and a screening question about salary expectations. At the end of the discussion I was invited to a face-to-face interview at their offices.

I went to their offices for the interview and got a very positive impression of the firm, the employees and the culture.

The interview went well and the questions were directed at my experience, what I did in my previous job, how I went about completing projects, my working style, what kind of workplace did I prefer, and what did I expect to be doing in 5 years. There were several questions about my collaboration and teamwork experience as the company values collaboration extremely highly. The interview was professional and more like a conversation at some points.

Everyone is very nice and the environment is not at all intimidating but it is very professional and you can tell that appearances are important.

Interview Question – All the questions were about skills, experience, background and working style. There were no "behavioral" questions (e.g. Tell me about the time you showed courage) or trick questions (e.g., How many buses are there in Los Angeles?) .

The job was a good match for my background and I researched the company prior so I was prepared for the standard questions they asked.
  Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Egon Zehnder in October 2012.

Interview Details – Lots of interviews. Very process oriented. Look for detail orientation, ability to do mundane things and find interest in them, interpersonal skills. Case: make sure you make sense of everything you are thinking. its about how you think about the person. For me it was a CEO resume and whether his qualifications would match a job description. If you don't like that don't do the job because that is what you do all day.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to multitask under pressure.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty straight forward. One initial interview with the office leader; one other day of interviews for cultural fit.

Interview Question – What's you five year plan?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty straight forward.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Interview Details – Phone interview and then a case interview. Worst part was that after 90 min of my time spent interviewing they didn't even have the courtesy to formally tell me that I didn't receive an offer.

Interview Question – How would you go about filling the role of an ad sales executive at a major newspaper?   View Answer

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Interview Details – The process began with a call from a consultancy regarding an opening for "Data Executive" profile. Interview was scheduled and i reached their office on time. The recruiter there went through my resume and asked me some basic questions. She told me there was no opening for the profile I had come for but they could consider me for Research Analyst. It made me wonder what kind of firm does that! Yes I decided to go ahead and was handed over the sheets for the written test. Another test based on computer followed and I was told that I was done for the day. I received a call after the weekend telling me that I had cleared the initial rounds and was needed the next day to appear for further face-to-face interviews. I made myself available and was interviewed by HR head first and then the Research head. Subsequently I was told that I had cleared both the rounds and would soon receive the offer for joining. The catch is there was never a mention of salary or anything. I waited for 2 weeks during which i was repeatedly told over the phone that the paper work was stuck and would be sorted soon. Ultimately they tell me I have not been cleared by the research head. What happened in the 2 weeks?

Interview Question – The interviews were simple with no difficult questions as such. But its important to know that Business research is quite different from Science based research   View Answers (2)

Research Summer Intern Interview

Research Summer Intern
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Egon Zehnder in March 2012.

Interview Details – The interviewer came down to campus job fair and I sent him my resume. He then arranged a phone interview with me. Basic resume question on my experiences and interests.

Interview Question – all basic resume questions   Answer Question

Research Analyst

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Egon Zehnder in April 2009.

Interview Details – Very comfortable and a relaxing interview. Got to meet the staff working there in the office. Went through basic behavorial questions and by the end of it, I was pretty sure that I landed a job with them.

Interview Question – What would you like to learn from EZI?   Answer Question

Intern, Research Analyst Interview

Intern, Research Analyst
Palo Alto, CA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Egon Zehnder in June 2012.

Interview Details – I contacted the company because I was in the area and needed some work experience before applying to jobs. The phone interview was pretty boilerplate, standard behavioral questions (greatest strengths, why interested in company, etc.) After the interview ended, I was asked to come in to the company for a one on one interview, where I was told I would be given a test. I haven't completed the 1:1 interview yet, so no word on contents of the interview or test.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in this job?   View Answer

Research Analyst
São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Egon Zehnder in October 2011.

Interview Details – Conversation with General Manager, then with Research Principal, then a few of the other Researchers and then received an offer.

Interview Question – Why Egon Zehnder?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Tough, ceiling of Research area is R$8,000/month

Very Easy Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Egon Zehnder in December 2010.

Interview Details – I applied to the internship program which was prepared for the first time but it appears that they will continue doing it every year. It is usually for the Spring Semesters where they take a bunch of interns in each office location provide them with a very good training and select about 30% of interns at the end of the internship to offer a full-time position.
I had a half an hour phone interview first with two Research Associates then I was brought to their office for a round of interviews which included the Research Associates and the Head of Research. After explaining a bit about the company they allowed me to speak for more than half an hour about myself, interests and accomplishments. They are very nice and friendly. Goodlooking peole and very well dressed up so I guess you cannot expect to dress casual and always take care of you appearance.
Also, they kind of want to learn about your personality, your interests and goals and they explained that the hierarchy at the company is very horizontal. No technical questions were asked. The only thing they asked me to do is do a reasoning exercice where I was given a text and a resume I needed to comment on. It was very easy and they informed me that they were impressed. Then I was invited for a second round but it wasn't an interview just meeting the consultants and partners at the office.

Interview Question – You come from a technical background why are you interested in doing some qualitative work instead.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I wanted to join but as an international student my employment authorization document got delayed and for that reason they couldn't accomodate me since they waned me to start at a certain date as they seem to have invested heavily in their training program. The pay wasn't going to be great (12 USD an hour).

Interviews for Top Jobs at Egon Zehnder