Egon Zehnder

Updated Dec 9, 2014

2.6

Associate-Information Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Egon Zehnder in April 2013.

- Written test which basically revolves around candidate's work profile information. A little grammar and maths.
    - Long wait (which is not worth it)
    - A test again for your judgement (internet is also used in this one)
    - Boring interview with the manager or senior TL

They have a fixed bar set for it. You can't negotiate because expenditure is more important than the candidate.

Research Analyst Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Egon Zehnder.

I applied for the Analyst position with EZIRS through HR and received a call from HR team for interview. It was told to me that there are altogether 3 rounds of interview. I went to there office on scheduled time and waited for 1 hr then HR came (HR mentioned, she was not informed that I have come, very unprofessional since there were 2 reception counters whom I informed about contact HR). Than after preliminary HR round I shared my experience in brief and told my last drawn and expected CTC, HR made a note of that. HR told it's night shift (again unprofessional, as it was not mentioned on phone) I was given another Logical Reasoning and Research test for 2.5hrs, I finished that and waited for HR to come. HR told me to leave for the day and they will inform me in next 3-4 days, if I qualify. I received the next call and same HR confirmed that I have cleared the test (as I expected). As HR scheduled my interview for the final round and sent me an invitation in Google calender with the project lead. I again reached before time and my meeting was done on time, that went well as project and work related discussion was done and the lead looked satisfied. HR told me that my profile was perfect and liked by the lead and so HR proposed me the salary slab (for the 1st time). I was surprised to know that HR was under the impression, that she had already communicated the salary slab to me (again how unprofessional as she hadn't), though I was very positive and said please you can share with me now. HR told 3.5 is max. (which is way less than what I previously had). Even than I agreed to the same. HR told me that her manager would meet me for the final thing and that I have to wait for some time. Again HR came and told me manager is busy in induction so please wait a bit more, I waited patiently. After 15-20 mins HR came and told me that I can leave for the day as manager would like to discuss my profile with lead (I didn't know what to discuss more). HR told she would call me in 2-3 days. After 3 days I called up HR and asked about the status, 1st she refused to recall (highly unprofessional), than when I asked her more specifically that she was to call me, than HR said due to some "Protocol Issue" they can't process my candidature. As a best HR practice you have to decide over protocol (if any) and other candidate details prior candidate selection process and if criteria don't match that needs to be communicated initially only not when candidate clears all round, So my experience is - very unprofessional and unstructured HR practice.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Applied via campus recruiting. Had an initial in person interview that consisted of a behavioral style with one practitioner and a case style interview. The case was pretty much a walkthrough of how you would approach a typical search assignment. It is more about the quality of the questions you ask and how you think about the situation rather than your knowledge of search.

Interview Questions
    • how would you go about researching how much an executive at this level should be paid?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Egon Zehnder in November 2014.

Did 3 round of interviews. Many of the questions are typical just have examples ready and present. There is scenario testing to see how you rationalize and problem solve.

Interview Questions
    I used an agency. I got exactly what I asked for.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through a college career website and was offered a first phone interview. The phone interview was behavioral and mostly allowing the company to get to know you. The interview asked questions about my resume and past experiences that I had that seemed relevant. I was then offered a second interview which was the case interview followed by more behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • The case interview was the toughest because I had never done one before.   Answer Question

Summer Research Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Egon Zehnder.

phone interview and then a following behavioral interview and then a case interview. 2 on 1 case interview, somewhat of a stess interview. basically describe an executive search process thoroughly, how you would go about finding a cfo or a ceo for a certain company given these criteria

Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Egon Zehnder in February 2013.

Received a thirty minute interview after submitting a resume through my campus recruiting system. The interview appeared to be pretty casual. Focus was on describing each experience in my resume, and being able to describe me background and interests. Make sure you know the order and content of your resume. Try and relate it to the job you're trying for.

Interview Questions
    • Can you describe how each of the experiences in the different countries you lived in have affected/developed you?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Egon Zehnder.

30 min phone interview followed by in person case study

Research Associate Interview

30 Minute Phone Interview with a current research associate. I was asked about details of my resume, and then asked to describe one particular work experience that would be most analogous to the work that I would be doing at Egon Zehnder. The interviewer was very friendly and seemed to respond very well to my answers.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about how I managed my work at a previous organization.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Egon Zehnder in March 2013.

Initial phone screen with basic questions about my resume. Called back for a case study in office. Gave an example search and asked you how you would go about the search process. They then walk you through the steps of what actually happened and let you know where you were strong and where else you could have looked. Final phase was another phone screen with a higher ranking research analyst much like the first one, just getting to know you and your resume. Whole process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • No specific question, more the case. Need to be able to think outside of the box pertaining to a search strategy.   Answer Question