Egon Zehnder Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.7

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in October 2011.

Interview

Conversation with General Manager, then with Research Principal, then a few of the other Researchers and then received an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Tough, ceiling of Research area is R$8,000/month

Research Analyst Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)).

Interview

I applied for the Analyst position with EZIRS through HR and received a call from HR team for interview. It was told to me that there are altogether 3 rounds of interview. I went to there office on scheduled time and waited for 1 hr then HR came (HR mentioned, she was not informed that I have come, very unprofessional since there were 2 reception counters whom I informed about contact HR). Than after preliminary HR round I shared my experience in brief and told my last drawn and expected CTC, HR made a note of that. HR told it's night shift (again unprofessional, as it was not mentioned on phone) I was given another Logical Reasoning and Research test for 2.5hrs, I finished that and waited for HR to come. HR told me to leave for the day and they will inform me in next 3-4 days, if I qualify. I received the next call and same HR confirmed that I have cleared the test (as I expected). As HR scheduled my interview for the final round and sent me an invitation in Google calender with the project lead. I again reached before time and my meeting was done on time, that went well as project and work related discussion was done and the lead looked satisfied. HR told me that my profile was perfect and liked by the lead and so HR proposed me the salary slab (for the 1st time). I was surprised to know that HR was under the impression, that she had already communicated the salary slab to me (again how unprofessional as she hadn't), though I was very positive and said please you can share with me now. HR told 3.5 is max. (which is way less than what I previously had). Even than I agreed to the same. HR told me that her manager would meet me for the final thing and that I have to wait for some time. Again HR came and told me manager is busy in induction so please wait a bit more, I waited patiently. After 15-20 mins HR came and told me that I can leave for the day as manager would like to discuss my profile with lead (I didn't know what to discuss more). HR told she would call me in 2-3 days. After 3 days I called up HR and asked about the status, 1st she refused to recall (highly unprofessional), than when I asked her more specifically that she was to call me, than HR said due to some "Protocol Issue" they can't process my candidature. As a best HR practice you have to decide over protocol (if any) and other candidate details prior candidate selection process and if criteria don't match that needs to be communicated initially only not when candidate clears all round, So my experience is - very unprofessional and unstructured HR practice.

Associate-Information Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in April 2013.

Interview

- Written test which basically revolves around candidate's work profile information. A little grammar and maths. - Long wait (which is not worth it) - A test again for your judgement (internet is also used in this one) - Boring interview with the manager or senior TL

Negotiation

They have a fixed bar set for it. You can't negotiate because expenditure is more important than the candidate.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in April 2014.

Interview

the candidate should have a brief know how of the current economy status, should some brief knowledge of the fortune 500 companies and their internal management hierarchy. study something in relation to the top 10 companies in every field like consultancy, life science, automobiles, chemical etc.

Interview Questions

• how much you know about Pfizer?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Interview

Applied via campus recruiting. Had an initial in person interview that consisted of a behavioral style with one practitioner and a case style interview. The case was pretty much a walkthrough of how you would approach a typical search assignment. It is more about the quality of the questions you ask and how you think about the situation rather than your knowledge of search.

Interview Questions

• how would you go about researching how much an executive at this level should be paid?   Answer Question

Summer Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Interview

phone interview and then a following behavioral interview and then a case interview. 2 on 1 case interview, somewhat of a stess interview. basically describe an executive search process thoroughly, how you would go about finding a cfo or a ceo for a certain company given these criteria

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Interview

Phone interview and then a case interview. Worst part was that after 90 min of my time spent interviewing they didn't even have the courtesy to formally tell me that I didn't receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about filling the role of an ad sales executive at a major newspaper?   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. One initial interview with the office leader; one other day of interviews for cultural fit.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pretty straight forward.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)).

Interview

The process began with a call from a consultancy regarding an opening for "Data Executive" profile. Interview was scheduled and i reached their office on time. The recruiter there went through my resume and asked me some basic questions. She told me there was no opening for the profile I had come for but they could consider me for Research Analyst. It made me wonder what kind of firm does that! Yes I decided to go ahead and was handed over the sheets for the written test. Another test based on computer followed and I was told that I was done for the day. I received a call after the weekend telling me that I had cleared the initial rounds and was needed the next day to appear for further face-to-face interviews. I made myself available and was interviewed by HR head first and then the Research head. Subsequently I was told that I had cleared both the rounds and would soon receive the offer for joining. The catch is there was never a mention of salary or anything. I waited for 2 weeks during which i was repeatedly told over the phone that the paper work was stuck and would be sorted soon. Ultimately they tell me I have not been cleared by the research head. What happened in the 2 weeks?

Interview Questions

• The interviews were simple with no difficult questions as such. But its important to know that Business research is quite different from Science based research   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (Chicago, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

Lots of interviews. Very process oriented. Look for detail orientation, ability to do mundane things and find interest in them, interpersonal skills. Case: make sure you make sense of everything you are thinking. its about how you think about the person. For me it was a CEO resume and whether his qualifications would match a job description. If you don't like that don't do the job because that is what you do all day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to multitask under pressure.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.