Egon Zehnder

23 candidate interviews

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate

Interviewed at Egon Zehnder

Interview Details – 30 Minute Phone Interview with a current research associate. I was asked about details of my resume, and then asked to describe one particular work experience that would be most analogous to the work that I would be doing at Egon Zehnder. The interviewer was very friendly and seemed to respond very well to my answers.

Interview Question – I was asked about how I managed my work at a previous organization.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Intern Interview

Research Analyst Intern
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Egon Zehnder in March 2013.

Interview Details – Initial phone screen with basic questions about my resume. Called back for a case study in office. Gave an example search and asked you how you would go about the search process. They then walk you through the steps of what actually happened and let you know where you were strong and where else you could have looked. Final phase was another phone screen with a higher ranking research analyst much like the first one, just getting to know you and your resume. Whole process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Question – No specific question, more the case. Need to be able to think outside of the box pertaining to a search strategy.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Egon Zehnder in April 2013.

Interview Details – Initial rounds were introduction and written test which went well and thereafter I was called for a final round with the senior leadership team which involved HR interview.

Interview Question – Case study on a project or topic I was not aware of   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Interview Details – Phone interview and then a case interview. Worst part was that after 90 min of my time spent interviewing they didn't even have the courtesy to formally tell me that I didn't receive an offer.

Interview Question – How would you go about filling the role of an ad sales executive at a major newspaper?   View Answer

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Interview Details – The process began with a call from a consultancy regarding an opening for "Data Executive" profile. Interview was scheduled and i reached their office on time. The recruiter there went through my resume and asked me some basic questions. She told me there was no opening for the profile I had come for but they could consider me for Research Analyst. It made me wonder what kind of firm does that! Yes I decided to go ahead and was handed over the sheets for the written test. Another test based on computer followed and I was told that I was done for the day. I received a call after the weekend telling me that I had cleared the initial rounds and was needed the next day to appear for further face-to-face interviews. I made myself available and was interviewed by HR head first and then the Research head. Subsequently I was told that I had cleared both the rounds and would soon receive the offer for joining. The catch is there was never a mention of salary or anything. I waited for 2 weeks during which i was repeatedly told over the phone that the paper work was stuck and would be sorted soon. Ultimately they tell me I have not been cleared by the research head. What happened in the 2 weeks?

Interview Question – The interviews were simple with no difficult questions as such. But its important to know that Business research is quite different from Science based research   View Answers (2)

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Egon Zehnder in October 2012.

Interview Details – Lots of interviews. Very process oriented. Look for detail orientation, ability to do mundane things and find interest in them, interpersonal skills. Case: make sure you make sense of everything you are thinking. its about how you think about the person. For me it was a CEO resume and whether his qualifications would match a job description. If you don't like that don't do the job because that is what you do all day.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to multitask under pressure.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty straight forward. One initial interview with the office leader; one other day of interviews for cultural fit.

Interview Question – What's you five year plan?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty straight forward.

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Egon Zehnder in May 2008.

Interview Details – Your typical consultant agency. Heavy on Research so be prepared with market trends, up to date business deals that took place. Basically know what is going on concerning the company

Interview Question – What is Executive Search?   View Answer

Research Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Egon Zehnder in May 2010.

Interview Details – Due to my experience, I heard back from a representative of the company in less than 48 hours after I applied. I have had one telephone interview and have heard nothing from them since that time. Perhaps it's too early to tell. The interviewer was cordial, professional, and was informative as to the task I would be performing, should I receive an offer.

Interview Question – What makes you think you will be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Research Analyst

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Egon Zehnder in April 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process for the Research Analyst position was pretty lengthy. It consisted of a 45min phone interview and then two on site interviews where I had 4 1:1 interviews. Interviews consisted of people in the analyst, associate, head of research, consultant, and partner positions. Overall the interviews were repetitive.

Interview Question – Talk about leadership qualities, time management skills, etc...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated based on my years of experience and high cost of living in the area.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Egon Zehnder