Egon Zehnder Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.7

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Egon Zehnder in November 2014.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. One on one phone interview was first. Interviewer was an alumnae from my university. Got through to the in-person interview with a couple of their analysts on-site. However, they did not even have the courtesy to tell me of my result, even after I had emailed them.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Egon Zehnder (Boston, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

Did 3 round of interviews. Many of the questions are typical just have examples ready. There is scenario testing to see how you rationalize and problem solve. Be prepared to explain.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I used an agency. I got exactly what I asked for.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Interview

Applied via campus recruiting. Had an initial in person interview that consisted of a behavioral style with one practitioner and a case style interview. The case was pretty much a walkthrough of how you would approach a typical search assignment. It is more about the quality of the questions you ask and how you think about the situation rather than your knowledge of search.

Interview Questions

• how would you go about researching how much an executive at this level should be paid?   Answer Question

Summer Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Interview

phone interview and then a following behavioral interview and then a case interview. 2 on 1 case interview, somewhat of a stess interview. basically describe an executive search process thoroughly, how you would go about finding a cfo or a ceo for a certain company given these criteria

Associate-Information Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Egon Zehnder (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in April 2013.

Interview

- Written test which basically revolves around candidate's work profile information. A little grammar and maths.
    - Long wait (which is not worth it)
    - A test again for your judgement (internet is also used in this one)
    - Boring interview with the manager or senior TL

Negotiation

They have a fixed bar set for it. You can't negotiate because expenditure is more important than the candidate.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Interview

1 phone screen, 1 onsite interview, 1 phone interview with the specific office i was recruiting for. The whole process probably took about 3 weeks, and was pretty smooth. Really nice people, and almost everyone I talked to was an alumn from my school. They don't have a separate recruiting team - they do all the recruiting themselves which is really nice.

Interview Questions

• Phone screen - background and resumé questions
      On-campus interview - 30 mins of background and resumé questions, 30 min case study. The case is not too difficult and usually involves walking through the search process (ie, they give you a search -- "we have been hired to look for a new Chief Marketing Officer at X company. How would you go about this search?) The idea is to be as structured as possible in your response, justify your assumptions, and communicate well with the interviewer.

Office-specific phone interview - they just asked some background questions, and why I was specifically interested in that office.

Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Interview

Very easy to talk with them. Questions were kept general. Why do you want this job? Where do you see yourself in five years? Tell me about previous employment. They talked about the position and expectations. Company culture. Hours. Parking.

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied through a college career website and was offered a first phone interview. The phone interview was behavioral and mostly allowing the company to get to know you. The interview asked questions about my resume and past experiences that I had that seemed relevant. I was then offered a second interview which was the case interview followed by more behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• The case interview was the toughest because I had never done one before.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Egon Zehnder (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)).

Interview

I applied for the Analyst position with EZIRS through HR and received a call from HR team for interview. It was told to me that there are altogether 3 rounds of interview. I went to there office on scheduled time and waited for 1 hr then HR came (HR mentioned, she was not informed that I have come, very unprofessional since there were 2 reception counters whom I informed about contact HR). Than after preliminary HR round I shared my experience in brief and told my last drawn and expected CTC, HR made a note of that. HR told it's night shift (again unprofessional, as it was not mentioned on phone) I was given another Logical Reasoning and Research test for 2.5hrs, I finished that and waited for HR to come. HR told me to leave for the day and they will inform me in next 3-4 days, if I qualify. I received the next call and same HR confirmed that I have cleared the test (as I expected). As HR scheduled my interview for the final round and sent me an invitation in Google calender with the project lead. I again reached before time and my meeting was done on time, that went well as project and work related discussion was done and the lead looked satisfied. HR told me that my profile was perfect and liked by the lead and so HR proposed me the salary slab (for the 1st time). I was surprised to know that HR was under the impression, that she had already communicated the salary slab to me (again how unprofessional as she hadn't), though I was very positive and said please you can share with me now. HR told 3.5 is max. (which is way less than what I previously had). Even than I agreed to the same. HR told me that her manager would meet me for the final thing and that I have to wait for some time. Again HR came and told me manager is busy in induction so please wait a bit more, I waited patiently. After 15-20 mins HR came and told me that I can leave for the day as manager would like to discuss my profile with lead (I didn't know what to discuss more). HR told she would call me in 2-3 days. After 3 days I called up HR and asked about the status, 1st she refused to recall (highly unprofessional), than when I asked her more specifically that she was to call me, than HR said due to some "Protocol Issue" they can't process my candidature. As a best HR practice you have to decide over protocol (if any) and other candidate details prior candidate selection process and if criteria don't match that needs to be communicated initially only not when candidate clears all round, So my experience is - very unprofessional and unstructured HR practice.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Egon Zehnder (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)).

Interview

The process began with a call from a consultancy regarding an opening for "Data Executive" profile. Interview was scheduled and i reached their office on time. The recruiter there went through my resume and asked me some basic questions. She told me there was no opening for the profile I had come for but they could consider me for Research Analyst. It made me wonder what kind of firm does that! Yes I decided to go ahead and was handed over the sheets for the written test. Another test based on computer followed and I was told that I was done for the day. I received a call after the weekend telling me that I had cleared the initial rounds and was needed the next day to appear for further face-to-face interviews. I made myself available and was interviewed by HR head first and then the Research head. Subsequently I was told that I had cleared both the rounds and would soon receive the offer for joining. The catch is there was never a mention of salary or anything. I waited for 2 weeks during which i was repeatedly told over the phone that the paper work was stuck and would be sorted soon. Ultimately they tell me I have not been cleared by the research head. What happened in the 2 weeks?

Interview Questions

• The interviews were simple with no difficult questions as such. But its important to know that Business research is quite different from Science based research   2 Answers