Egon Zehnder

Updated Nov 11, 2014

2.6

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Phone screening, in person case interview

Interview Questions
    • Knowledge of profit and loss statements   View Answer

While the company is great and the people are fantastic, not many people have heard of Egon Zehnder and I needed a bigger name on my resume

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Egon Zehnder.

The interview process was pretty straight forward. One initial interview with the office leader; one other day of interviews for cultural fit.

Pretty straight forward.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Egon Zehnder in October 2012.

Lots of interviews. Very process oriented. Look for detail orientation, ability to do mundane things and find interest in them, interpersonal skills. Case: make sure you make sense of everything you are thinking. its about how you think about the person. For me it was a CEO resume and whether his qualifications would match a job description. If you don't like that don't do the job because that is what you do all day.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to multitask under pressure.   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Intern Interview

First step is application with resume, cover letter, and transcript. Second step is a conversational phone interview of about thirty minutes in length, covering the resume and some conversational questions. The third step is the in-person interview, of 90 minutes in length. 45 of those minutes are devoted to a case interview concerning an actual executive search and where/at who you might look for the position. The other 45 minutes are another conversational interview - they want as many people as possible to meet and get a read on you.

Interview Questions
    • The case interview is not the kind studied for using Case in Point - it is an actual executive search.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Egon Zehnder in April 2013.

Initial rounds were introduction and written test which went well and thereafter I was called for a final round with the senior leadership team which involved HR interview.

Research Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Egon Zehnder in March 2013.

Initial phone screen with basic questions about my resume. Called back for a case study in office. Gave an example search and asked you how you would go about the search process. They then walk you through the steps of what actually happened and let you know where you were strong and where else you could have looked. Final phase was another phone screen with a higher ranking research analyst much like the first one, just getting to know you and your resume. Whole process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • No specific question, more the case. Need to be able to think outside of the box pertaining to a search strategy.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

30 Minute Phone Interview with a current research associate. I was asked about details of my resume, and then asked to describe one particular work experience that would be most analogous to the work that I would be doing at Egon Zehnder. The interviewer was very friendly and seemed to respond very well to my answers.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about how I managed my work at a previous organization.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Egon Zehnder.

30 min phone interview followed by in person case study

Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Egon Zehnder in February 2013.

Received a thirty minute interview after submitting a resume through my campus recruiting system. The interview appeared to be pretty casual. Focus was on describing each experience in my resume, and being able to describe me background and interests. Make sure you know the order and content of your resume. Try and relate it to the job you're trying for.

Interview Questions
    • Can you describe how each of the experiences in the different countries you lived in have affected/developed you?   Answer Question

Research Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Egon Zehnder in March 2012.

The interviewer came down to campus job fair and I sent him my resume. He then arranged a phone interview with me. Basic resume question on my experiences and interests.