Egon Zehnder

Updated Nov 11, 2014
Updated Nov 11, 2014

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Egon Zehnder.

The process began with a call from a consultancy regarding an opening for "Data Executive" profile. Interview was scheduled and i reached their office on time. The recruiter there went through my resume and asked me some basic questions. She told me there was no opening for the profile I had come for but they could consider me for Research Analyst. It made me wonder what kind of firm does that! Yes I decided to go ahead and was handed over the sheets for the written test. Another test based on computer followed and I was told that I was done for the day. I received a call after the weekend telling me that I had cleared the initial rounds and was needed the next day to appear for further face-to-face interviews. I made myself available and was interviewed by HR head first and then the Research head. Subsequently I was told that I had cleared both the rounds and would soon receive the offer for joining. The catch is there was never a mention of salary or anything. I waited for 2 weeks during which i was repeatedly told over the phone that the paper work was stuck and would be sorted soon. Ultimately they tell me I have not been cleared by the research head. What happened in the 2 weeks?

Interview Questions
    • The interviews were simple with no difficult questions as such. But its important to know that Business research is quite different from Science based research   View Answers (2)

Associate-Information Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Egon Zehnder in April 2013.

- Written test which basically revolves around candidate's work profile information. A little grammar and maths.
    - Long wait (which is not worth it)
    - A test again for your judgement (internet is also used in this one)
    - Boring interview with the manager or senior TL

They have a fixed bar set for it. You can't negotiate because expenditure is more important than the candidate.

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Egon Zehnder in April 2013.

Initial rounds were introduction and written test which went well and thereafter I was called for a final round with the senior leadership team which involved HR interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Boring talks with Directors, peers (Researchers) and then if approved you get an offer.

Pretty normal

Research Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Egon Zehnder.

I applied for the job through LinkedIn and received a phone call a couple days later. The interview very professional exactly what you would think that someone who works for a leading executive search firm is like.

The interview lasted maybe 20 minutes and I was asked some basic questions about my experience and qualifications and a screening question about salary expectations. At the end of the discussion I was invited to a face-to-face interview at their offices.

I went to their offices for the interview and got a very positive impression of the firm, the employees and the culture.

The interview went well and the questions were directed at my experience, what I did in my previous job, how I went about completing projects, my working style, what kind of workplace did I prefer, and what did I expect to be doing in 5 years. There were several questions about my collaboration and teamwork experience as the company values collaboration extremely highly. The interview was professional and more like a conversation at some points.

Everyone is very nice and the environment is not at all intimidating but it is very professional and you can tell that appearances are important.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were about skills, experience, background and working style. There were no "behavioral" questions (e.g. Tell me about the time you showed courage) or trick questions (e.g., How many buses are there in Los Angeles?) .

The job was a good match for my background and I researched the company prior so I was prepared for the standard questions they asked.
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Egon Zehnder in October 2011.

Conversation with General Manager, then with Research Principal, then a few of the other Researchers and then received an offer.

Tough, ceiling of Research area is R$8,000/month

Summer Research Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Egon Zehnder in June 2011.

The phone interview was easy and consisted of questions about what I had done and was doing in school that was relevant to the research position. It was also about my interest in executive search (it's okay if you don't know anything about executive search). They really like curiosity! Work culture is very female dominated and collaborative!

Research Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Egon Zehnder in May 2010.

Due to my experience, I heard back from a representative of the company in less than 48 hours after I applied. I have had one telephone interview and have heard nothing from them since that time. Perhaps it's too early to tell. The interviewer was cordial, professional, and was informative as to the task I would be performing, should I receive an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you think you will be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Egon Zehnder in April 2010.

The interview process for the Research Analyst position was pretty lengthy. It consisted of a 45min phone interview and then two on site interviews where I had 4 1:1 interviews. Interviews consisted of people in the analyst, associate, head of research, consultant, and partner positions. Overall the interviews were repetitive.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about leadership qualities, time management skills, etc...   Answer Question
    Negotiated based on my years of experience and high cost of living in the area.

Research Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Egon Zehnder in April 2009.

Very comfortable and a relaxing interview. Got to meet the staff working there in the office. Went through basic behavorial questions and by the end of it, I was pretty sure that I landed a job with them.