Egon Zehnder Research Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.6

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Interview

First a behavioral interview that lasted about 40 minutes, then a situational interview where I went through the process of figuring out who to hire for a position. No group interview and each interview was with one analyst from Egon Zehnder. Total interview time was 1.5 hours and was held at my university.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about the process of finding someone for ____ position at _____ company.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Egon Zehnder

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (Chicago, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

Lots of interviews. Very process oriented. Look for detail orientation, ability to do mundane things and find interest in them, interpersonal skills. Case: make sure you make sense of everything you are thinking. its about how you think about the person. For me it was a CEO resume and whether his qualifications would match a job description. If you don't like that don't do the job because that is what you do all day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to multitask under pressure.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (Chicago, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview process began with a phone interview of about 30 minutes in length, which was made up primarily of behavioral and informational questions. Next, I was notified by email that I was invited to interview in their office down town the following week. This interview was roughly 3 hours, and was the conglomeration of 2 1:1 interviews and a group interview, as well as a written skills test. The interviewers were all extremely kind and their personalities/enthusiasm were one of the deciding factors in my decision to accept their offer. I met with my supervisor, a leading consultant as well as two research associates that will work with me during my internship. Altogether, I had a very positive experience interviewing with EZI, and I expect that it was indicative of the time I am to spend there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked on a project start to finish. What was the situation? How did you address the problem? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (Atlanta, GA) in December 2010.

Interview

I applied to the internship program which was prepared for the first time but it appears that they will continue doing it every year. It is usually for the Spring Semesters where they take a bunch of interns in each office location provide them with a very good training and select about 30% of interns at the end of the internship to offer a full-time position. I had a half an hour phone interview first with two Research Associates then I was brought to their office for a round of interviews which included the Research Associates and the Head of Research. After explaining a bit about the company they allowed me to speak for more than half an hour about myself, interests and accomplishments. They are very nice and friendly. Goodlooking peole and very well dressed up so I guess you cannot expect to dress casual and always take care of you appearance. Also, they kind of want to learn about your personality, your interests and goals and they explained that the hierarchy at the company is very horizontal. No technical questions were asked. The only thing they asked me to do is do a reasoning exercice where I was given a text and a resume I needed to comment on. It was very easy and they informed me that they were impressed. Then I was invited for a second round but it wasn't an interview just meeting the consultants and partners at the office.

Interview Questions

• You come from a technical background why are you interested in doing some qualitative work instead.   1 Answer

I wanted to join but as an international student my employment authorization document got delayed and for that reason they couldn't accomodate me since they waned me to start at a certain date as they seem to have invested heavily in their training program. The pay wasn't going to be great (12 USD an hour).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (Chicago, IL) in May 2008.

Interview

Your typical consultant agency. Heavy on Research so be prepared with market trends, up to date business deals that took place. Basically know what is going on concerning the company

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

First a written test (Aptitude) which includes logical reasoning, english, basic maths. The test was not very difficult. Then an interview with the team leader which was good. He asked basi questions related to the job profile.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)).

Interview

The process began with a call from a consultancy regarding an opening for "Data Executive" profile. Interview was scheduled and i reached their office on time. The recruiter there went through my resume and asked me some basic questions. She told me there was no opening for the profile I had come for but they could consider me for Research Analyst. It made me wonder what kind of firm does that! Yes I decided to go ahead and was handed over the sheets for the written test. Another test based on computer followed and I was told that I was done for the day. I received a call after the weekend telling me that I had cleared the initial rounds and was needed the next day to appear for further face-to-face interviews. I made myself available and was interviewed by HR head first and then the Research head. Subsequently I was told that I had cleared both the rounds and would soon receive the offer for joining. The catch is there was never a mention of salary or anything. I waited for 2 weeks during which i was repeatedly told over the phone that the paper work was stuck and would be sorted soon. Ultimately they tell me I have not been cleared by the research head. What happened in the 2 weeks?

Interview Questions

• The interviews were simple with no difficult questions as such. But its important to know that Business research is quite different from Science based research   2 Answers

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)).

Interview

Boring talks with Directors, peers (Researchers) and then if approved you get an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pretty normal

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Interview

I applied for the job through LinkedIn and received a phone call a couple days later. The interview very professional exactly what you would think that someone who works for a leading executive search firm is like. The interview lasted maybe 20 minutes and I was asked some basic questions about my experience and qualifications and a screening question about salary expectations. At the end of the discussion I was invited to a face-to-face interview at their offices. I went to their offices for the interview and got a very positive impression of the firm, the employees and the culture. The interview went well and the questions were directed at my experience, what I did in my previous job, how I went about completing projects, my working style, what kind of workplace did I prefer, and what did I expect to be doing in 5 years. There were several questions about my collaboration and teamwork experience as the company values collaboration extremely highly. The interview was professional and more like a conversation at some points. Everyone is very nice and the environment is not at all intimidating but it is very professional and you can tell that appearances are important.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were about skills, experience, background and working style. There were no "behavioral" questions (e.g. Tell me about the time you showed courage) or trick questions (e.g., How many buses are there in Los Angeles?) . The job was a good match for my background and I researched the company prior so I was prepared for the standard questions they asked.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in October 2011.

Interview

Conversation with General Manager, then with Research Principal, then a few of the other Researchers and then received an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Tough, ceiling of Research area is R$8,000/month