Eid Passport Interview Questions

Updated Sep 8, 2014

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Eid Passport

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Eid Passport.

Applied through a recruiter. Contacted one week later by Software Engineer at Eid. Phone screen was pleasant but completely non-technical. Was Invited to an on-site interview one week later.

Interview was 5 five hours long. Standard shot-gun style team after team interview. Most of the folks were kind and professional but some were clearly there to intimidate and ask ridiculous questions.

Be prepared to be handed a laptop and solve problems on a big screen in front of the group. This is a horrible way to interview developers, sad that this still happens.

Had lunch with the Manager of the group afterwards, though he continued to drill me on my skill set. The group had decided that I was not a good fit already so it seems kind of pointless to take a candidate out to lunch and continue to drill them when they have already been weeded out.

Eid seems to be a fair place to work but the rapid growth has caused a lot of Engineering headaches as new tech is introduced to a lot of legacy applications. They are looking for a silver bullet developer to come in and fix everything. I wish them best of luck with that.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between Symmetric vs. Asymmetric Encryption?   Answer Question

Customer Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Eid Passport in June 2014.

I applied through company website and they contacted me for an in person interview within a week.

The interview was done by two leads for the department. One asked a majority of the questions while the other typed. They made sure I understood that this was a high volume call center position. They were nice, but the questions were all read from a list and very little deviation from the list of questions. It appeared that they were on a strict time schedule for more interviews. The questions were not too hard, basic customer service questions. I was offered a job the same day after the interview.

Basic questions:
    What motivates you?
    How many words per minute can you type?
    What is your knowledge of Excel?
    How do you deal with repetitive tasks?
    Why should we hire you?
    Tell me a time you dealt with an angry customer?

Interview Questions
    • What are three things that make a successful call center?   Answer Question

I did not like the idea of a call center atmosphere

Marketing Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Eid Passport in May 2012.

My first interview was third week in May. Met with someone who would supposedly be my boss. Interview lasted for nearly two hours. Went back a week later for two more interviews. Found out I'm the top candidate. Then...radio silence. They are in the process of moving headquarters, so things are in flux now. But c'mon. It's been a month. Are you serious or not? This company seems to have trouble making decisions. Could be a potential red flag.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't really any hardball questions. It was more of a conversation than anything else.   Answer Question