Eid Passport Interview Questions

Updated Feb 14, 2015
Updated Feb 14, 2015

3.2

Senior User Experience/UI Designer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Eid Passport.

Through a recruiter's posting for the position I applied for the position. A week and a half later the company contacted me to schedule a screening call. Before the call, they shared information to help me better understand their products and the technology space that they occupy - basically a list of terms that I could Google. They also shared that they follow a Behavioral Interview foundation for interviewing. Therefore, they wanted to learn about What you have done as relative to the position you are applying for and How you have done things.

The phone interview was straight-forward and the interviewer was pleasant. I got the sense that the company is very new to user-centered design and may not currently have the managerial and company infrastructure in place to allow for the successful implementation of user-centered methodologies early in the design process (i.e., may not have user-centered design elements integrated into the existing design process like defining intentions, defining user-centered design requirements, performing task analyses and function allocation, etc...). Instead they seemed most interested in a UX/UI designer to provide the "voice of the user" as another team member on the development team. Likely some good opportunities here to help develop, carve out, and forge a stronger voice for user-centered design and helping define strategic vision for UX/UI.

Interview Questions
    • How do you present your design ideas to the development team?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation in which your input was not considered and what you did in response?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Eid Passport in November 2014.

The interview process was awesome - the best I've ever had, and I've had a few.

The active developer team (not project/IT managers!) performed the actual interview in several small sessions - just me, and two interviewers at a time - in small think rooms. I felt like I was a peer being rated by peers; not a "newbie".

Each part focused on a different "skill" such as design / problem solving, practical coding, and working with QA / testing / scrum. There was a lot of allocated time (up to 3 hours I was told) but I only used about half of the time, and that was after asking numerous questions - all of the time actually used was used effectively.

All parts of the interview were also a test to determine if you (the applicant) would be a good member of the team and questions were actively encouraged by each interview pair. All the personal involved with the process were courteous and just plain FUN to deal with.

The interview (phone and then follow-up in person) was also done quickly right before Thanksgiving, which I can only credit to my recruiter team.

Interview Questions
    • There were a few obscure technical details that came up (for which bonus points were defiantly awarded) but there were no "difficult" questions for someone who knows how to code and follows good practices. There were no unexpected questions.   View Answer

This was the second offer I had and I simply could not justify the commute difference - the team would be awesome to work with, but I live on the wrong side of traffic from Hillsboro.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Eid Passport.

Applied through a recruiter. Contacted one week later by Software Engineer at Eid. Phone screen was pleasant but completely non-technical. Was Invited to an on-site interview one week later.

Interview was 5 five hours long. Standard shot-gun style team after team interview. Most of the folks were kind and professional but some were clearly there to intimidate and ask ridiculous questions.

Be prepared to be handed a laptop and solve problems on a big screen in front of the group. This is a horrible way to interview developers, sad that this still happens.

Had lunch with the Manager of the group afterwards, though he continued to drill me on my skill set. The group had decided that I was not a good fit already so it seems kind of pointless to take a candidate out to lunch and continue to drill them when they have already been weeded out.

Eid seems to be a fair place to work but the rapid growth has caused a lot of Engineering headaches as new tech is introduced to a lot of legacy applications. They are looking for a silver bullet developer to come in and fix everything. I wish them best of luck with that.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between Symmetric vs. Asymmetric Encryption?   Answer Question

Customer Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Eid Passport in June 2014.

I applied through company website and they contacted me for an in person interview within a week.

The interview was done by two leads for the department. One asked a majority of the questions while the other typed. They made sure I understood that this was a high volume call center position. They were nice, but the questions were all read from a list and very little deviation from the list of questions. It appeared that they were on a strict time schedule for more interviews. The questions were not too hard, basic customer service questions. I was offered a job the same day after the interview.

Basic questions:
    What motivates you?
    How many words per minute can you type?
    What is your knowledge of Excel?
    How do you deal with repetitive tasks?
    Why should we hire you?
    Tell me a time you dealt with an angry customer?

Interview Questions
    • What are three things that make a successful call center?   Answer Question

I did not like the idea of a call center atmosphere

Marketing Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Eid Passport in May 2012.

My first interview was third week in May. Met with someone who would supposedly be my boss. Interview lasted for nearly two hours. Went back a week later for two more interviews. Found out I'm the top candidate. Then...radio silence. They are in the process of moving headquarters, so things are in flux now. But c'mon. It's been a month. Are you serious or not? This company seems to have trouble making decisions. Could be a potential red flag.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't really any hardball questions. It was more of a conversation than anything else.   Answer Question