Eid Passport Interview Questions in Portland, OR

Updated May 1, 2015

2.0

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eid Passport (Portland, OR).

Interview

Within a few weeks they contacted me (via their corporate recruiter) and I had a handful of phone interviews in less than a weeks worth of time. They wanted me on-site and both sides seemed very interested. We also discussed pay and I was asking for the upper band of their range but they said that would work. I went on-site and got a feeling that something had changed and the sense they didn't really care I was there and the excitement was gone for them - it felt like the process was not serious to them and at times it appeared they were trying to talk me out of the position. When I left I had a strong feeling it was definitely over, but I do not know what changed. The recruiter sent me a rejection email. They stated I was not worth the salary I requested and actually they had determined my worth (during their "technical assessment") as the bottom of their salary range (a 25% pay reduction for me) and that I was not a match for the position. I am uncertain if they thought they were negotiating me down or simply did not realize that email should not have been sent and was entirely insulting. I simply acknowledged receipt and moved on as I was not in need of a career change but looking for something better (which this clearly was not). A few additional notes: - The recruiter really talked up their benefits (which were not that great). - They didn't seem to have strong internal HR process - I ended up uncertain what position I would potentially have as they seemed to indicate at various points I was interviewing for a couple of openings and it seemed to depend on who I asked. Their "technical assessment": I was asked a single undergrad-level programming "gotcha" question which you either happened to know (I did) or not (as a note: I was coming in with 5+ years of experience). I was also asked several subjective questions - told there was no right or wrong answer and then told my answers were wrong and/or insufficient.

Interview Questions

• Describe your process for building a new software project   Answer Question

Customer Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Eid Passport (Portland, OR) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied through company website and they contacted me for an in person interview within a week. The interview was done by two leads for the department. One asked a majority of the questions while the other typed. They made sure I understood that this was a high volume call center position. They were nice, but the questions were all read from a list and very little deviation from the list of questions. It appeared that they were on a strict time schedule for more interviews. The questions were not too hard, basic customer service questions. I was offered a job the same day after the interview. Basic questions: What motivates you? How many words per minute can you type? What is your knowledge of Excel? How do you deal with repetitive tasks? Why should we hire you? Tell me a time you dealt with an angry customer?

Interview Questions

• What are three things that make a successful call center?   Answer Question

I did not like the idea of a call center atmosphere