Eide Bailly

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, SD
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, SD

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Eide Bailly in December 2012.

I applied online and a HR Rep out of Minneapolis emailed me to set up a phone screen with a Minneapolis recruited. The recruited really was enthusiastic about the company and was more clear than most about the timing. I mentioned to a colleague at one job that I had applied and she seemed very guarded about the local branch. My impression was that even though the Minneapolis office handled the process, that the local hiring mentality of whom you know is more influential than how qualified or experienced you may be. She's also a great source for what businesses are run well and which are dysfunctional due to various factors, including how they hire people.

I'll be honest - it really wasn't a position I wanted if it came down to that or another more closely alligned with my background and interests. It paid well for an area that is very low paying and offered the possibility of lateral moves to Fargo or Minneapolis in the future. I went to the interview and the friendliest person there was the receptionist. The office manager and the partner that interviewed me didn't seem like the warmest or most personable individuals. I thought that at least one had someone they wanted to hire and they were going through the motions with the rest of the referred candidates.

I felt that after the interview that the office and its environment would be a poor fit for me personally. I know that having that attitude seems entitled but I made that mistake before going into a job where my interests and abilities didn't gel with the rest of the group. I feel that I am in a better position where I can wait for a job with an environment and people that I feel at ease in to come along. I don't feel it is a good move to settle for a position where I don't feel at ease in the work environment.

Interview Questions