Eide Bailly

Relevance Date Difficulty

Audit Associate Interview

Audit Associate
Tulsa, OK

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Eide Bailly in October 2013.

Interview Details – On campus interview, followed by in office interview one week later of all eligible 1st round candidates. The campus interview consisted of a two person panel, standard STAR based questions. The in house interview consisted of 3 separate interviews conducted by HR, 2 supervisors, and then a senior partner. We were fed breakfast and lunch, given a tour, and warmly welcomed.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Senior Tax Associate Interview

Senior Tax Associate
Boulder, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Eide Bailly.

Interview Details – They ask conversational questions and use the STAR technique. Met with the managers and Partners in my office along with meeting a few staff.

Negotiation Details – Was offered a salary, then spoke to HR and we negotiated from there.

Very Easy Interview

Administrative Interview

Administrative
Golden, CO

I applied online - interviewed at Eide Bailly in December 2011.

Interview Details – General

Negotiation Details – There was none

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Aberdeen, SD

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Eide Bailly in December 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and a HR Rep out of Minneapolis emailed me to set up a phone screen with a Minneapolis recruited. The recruited really was enthusiastic about the company and was more clear than most about the timing. I mentioned to a colleague at one job that I had applied and she seemed very guarded about the local branch. My impression was that even though the Minneapolis office handled the process, that the local hiring mentality of whom you know is more influential than how qualified or experienced you may be. She's also a great source for what businesses are run well and which are dysfunctional due to various factors, including how they hire people.

I'll be honest - it really wasn't a position I wanted if it came down to that or another more closely alligned with my background and interests. It paid well for an area that is very low paying and offered the possibility of lateral moves to Fargo or Minneapolis in the future. I went to the interview and the friendliest person there was the receptionist. The office manager and the partner that interviewed me didn't seem like the warmest or most personable individuals. I thought that at least one had someone they wanted to hire and they were going through the motions with the rest of the referred candidates.

I felt that after the interview that the office and its environment would be a poor fit for me personally. I know that having that attitude seems entitled but I made that mistake before going into a job where my interests and abilities didn't gel with the rest of the group. I feel that I am in a better position where I can wait for a job with an environment and people that I feel at ease in to come along. I don't feel it is a good move to settle for a position where I don't feel at ease in the work environment.

Interview Question – How do you work under pressure   Answer Question

Staff Auditor Interview

Staff Auditor
Boise, ID

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Eide Bailly in October 2011.

Interview Details – I went through the recruiting process, so I had a one on one interview on campus with a Manager. I made it to the second round of interviews, that were in Boise. I was interviewed by 4 different people that rotated. I was asked a lot of the same questions by those people because they didn't seem to decide what questions they were going to ask before the interview. Everyone was very nice and personable.

Interview Question – They asked mostly situational questions. Like; Give an example of a time when you worked in a group and it went badly. What did you do?   Answer Question

Accounting Intern Interview

Accounting Intern

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Eide Bailly in September 2012.

Interview Details – Got an on-campus interview through campus recruiting, interviewed with a partner and an HR recruiter at the same time. Mostly behavioral questions, somewhat like a conversation.

Interview Question – What is professionalism?   Answer Question

Teaching Interview

Teaching

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Eide Bailly in January 2012.

Interview Details – already employed part time so the interview was a formality.

Interview Question – basic questions about experience...situational, tell me a time when....   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – lack of commitment to the area.

Auditor Interview

Auditor

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Eide Bailly in November 2010.

Interview Details – Initial Phone interview with the internal recruiter went well, but the followup interview with the manager was strange. He seemed very distracted during the phone interview and the questions he asked were few. At the end of my describing my background and company history it was very obvious that he was not even paying attention.

I realized that I was wasting my time and decided to gloss over any questions about the position and company (I'd already done quite a bit of research anyway).

Interview Question – None - Interviewer was not engaged in the process   View Answer

Security Auditor Interview

Security Auditor

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Eide Bailly in February 2010.

Interview Details – Company HR person initially contacted me in response to an online application I submitted (in response to their opening listed on several job boards). I answered several sets of her questions via email, then did a phone conversation.

The first phone call last about 30 minutes where she asked about my background and what my interests were. She asked for my prior salary history and then told me that they couldn't pay me that much, but could maybe stretch their top line a bit more than they had in the past. She then spoke for about 10 minutes to tell me about all of their service offerings (almost as if reading from a script).

After agreing (by email) to be OK with this lower salary amount, she scheduled a phone interview with me and one of their Talent Managers. The second interview was scheduled within a week of the original contact. The second interview was one hour long and repeated many of the same questions as the first, but in more detail. The Talent Manager then repeated for me a description of the company's service offerings (from the same script as the first call).

They then sent me an email with several forms to complete, as well as a personality profile that I was to complete (I did promptly). Three days later, I received an email that I was to do a phone interview with a local practice manager. That interview happened exactly one week later.

The third phone interview with the practice manager was only about 15 minutes long - not sure if he was really interested in doing the interview or not. He asked a few questions, nothing outstanding that I could recall, then said that he'd like to schedule me to meet him for lunch "in a few weeks".

All told, a month went buy with no lunch scheduled. Repeated emails to home office were answered, but I was always told they were 'working on scheduling'. Finally got a response that they won't be filling the position this time around. Guess they decided not to fill the position they'd advertised for. Just as well, as the local practice manager didn't really sound like he was thrilled with bringing someone else on board.

I'd suggest that companies carefully evaluate offering a position if they have an fears that perhaps they don't really want to fill the position. I'd caution job seekers that many job openings are only posted to help see what the market is like, with no real intent to hire the position. Also, don't complete the detailed personal history and psych forms until you've had some in person interviews and can judge whether the position is for real or not. Overall, it was a waste of both my time and theirs.

Interview Questions

Worked for Eide Bailly? Contribute to the Community!