Eide Bailly Security Auditor Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

2.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Security Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Eide Bailly in February 2010.

Interview

Company HR person initially contacted me in response to an online application I submitted (in response to their opening listed on several job boards). I answered several sets of her questions via email, then did a phone conversation.

The first phone call last about 30 minutes where she asked about my background and what my interests were. She asked for my prior salary history and then told me that they couldn't pay me that much, but could maybe stretch their top line a bit more than they had in the past. She then spoke for about 10 minutes to tell me about all of their service offerings (almost as if reading from a script).

After agreing (by email) to be OK with this lower salary amount, she scheduled a phone interview with me and one of their Talent Managers. The second interview was scheduled within a week of the original contact. The second interview was one hour long and repeated many of the same questions as the first, but in more detail. The Talent Manager then repeated for me a description of the company's service offerings (from the same script as the first call).

They then sent me an email with several forms to complete, as well as a personality profile that I was to complete (I did promptly). Three days later, I received an email that I was to do a phone interview with a local practice manager. That interview happened exactly one week later.

The third phone interview with the practice manager was only about 15 minutes long - not sure if he was really interested in doing the interview or not. He asked a few questions, nothing outstanding that I could recall, then said that he'd like to schedule me to meet him for lunch "in a few weeks".

All told, a month went buy with no lunch scheduled. Repeated emails to home office were answered, but I was always told they were 'working on scheduling'. Finally got a response that they won't be filling the position this time around. Guess they decided not to fill the position they'd advertised for. Just as well, as the local practice manager didn't really sound like he was thrilled with bringing someone else on board.

I'd suggest that companies carefully evaluate offering a position if they have an fears that perhaps they don't really want to fill the position. I'd caution job seekers that many job openings are only posted to help see what the market is like, with no real intent to hire the position. Also, don't complete the detailed personal history and psych forms until you've had some in person interviews and can judge whether the position is for real or not. Overall, it was a waste of both my time and theirs.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to do this line of work?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time that you had to manage something that was ill-defined.   Answer Question