Einstein Bros. Bagels Interview Questions

Updated Apr 3, 2015
Updated Apr 3, 2015

2.0

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Einstein Bros. Bagels.

Interview

The whole things was done in person. I was only the second or third interview for the then new hiring manager, and he had no idea what he was doing, especially since I didn't have previous work experience, and previous jobs were the central theme of his prepared questions.

Shift Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Einstein Bros. Bagels.

Interview

All the questions were a joke, I was highly overqualified and the manager didn't even know what to talk to me about. He asked questions about what type of food I would be, and other silly nonsense. He never asked about my skills or job training, or anything else that might have had to do with the actual job I was applying for. He said he was the Area Manager, but he seemed completely clueless as to how to conduct an interview. He didn't even seem to understand what a resume' was when I handed it to him.

Interview Questions

• If you were a dessert would you be?   1 Answer

Baker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Einstein Bros. Bagels (Pittsburg, CA).

Interview

knew it was unorganized when I walked in. had interview scheduled at 12 i showed up at 1130 and my manager didn't see me until about 1230-1. questions were simple, and easy to pass, if you can smile and bs you pretty much have the job. Front end crew apparently cant run itself because my manager kept getting up and leaving during the interview, though there were some employees that were just sitting around not doing anything , im talking leaning against the soda machine, and coffee maker on there phones or just bsing

Interview Questions

Negotiation

if you like being unable to move your way up in a company without a pay reduction then this is the job for you! started at $10 but if i wanted to become a manager I would have been cut down to $9 an hour. There is no room for growth. no room for raises.

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Einstein Bros. Bagels in January 2015.

Interview

I walked in introduced myself and asked to speak to the manager who had called me in for my interview. The restaurant was extremely busy so it took a second for the manager to come out. The manager who I was initially supposed to speak to was busy so I spoke to another manager. The questions were pretty easy, nothing hard to think about. Once I was done he let me know that he was going to go and speak with the manager who initially called me for my interwiew and see if she wanted to speak with me and she did. It was quick, she asked a few questions and that was it. Both managers were very nice and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• If I called your previous jobs what would they say your weakness would be?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was asked my pay preference and I sternly let them know. The manager went to the back, I'm guessing to discuss with the other manager. She returned and say that was perfect and told me to come in the following week to start my paper work! It was great!

Application

Interview

Easy, basic first job questions. Filling out the application, be a presentable human being, like bagels, don't be high. don't be drunk. I know very tempting but they may expect you'd fit in more if you are either of those therefore disqualifying your opportunity

Interview Questions

Negotiation

"We are starting you at this"

General Staff - Line Worker Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Einstein Bros. Bagels (Austin, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

I went to a open interview session where you are picked up by one of many managers who from different stores in the area. You are asked very basic questions (availability, experience, etc.) and if they want you, they set-up an interview with the store manager you will actually be working at if the interviewer isn't at the location closest to you (or another store needs more help).

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in the food industry?
      How do you do under high pressure?
      Are you good at multi-tasking?
      Tell us a hard situation you went though in the food industry and how you dealth with it.

Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Einstein Bros. Bagels in June 2014.

Interview

Got a call to set up an interview very soon after submitting my application. The interview was just right there in the store and since I hadn't had any experience I was asked questions like what's your best asset that you would bring to the table, why do you want to work here, tell me something about yourself, what do your friends say about you, etc. I was asked to a second interview which wasn't even an interview, it was just getting hired. I started working within about 9 days from the day I submitted the application.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They pretty much pay everyone above minimum wage, at least where I work, and in the interview I was asked how much I wanted an hour and we negotiated.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

Interview

There was only one interview, and it was with the General Manager at the store. It was quick, concise, and to the point. Not a long interview, but that would probably depend on the General Manager more so than the company itself. The interview was mostly concerned with my previous food service experience and how I would apply it to this position

Interview Questions

• How would you handle this situation: you arrive from the back of house to see that the coffee is out at the bar, there is a customer waiting to be cashed out, and there is an order that hasn't been started.   1 Answer

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Einstein Bros. Bagels (Knoxville, TN) in March 2014.

Interview

It was a very simple quick process. I applied on Snagajob, the manager texted me about an interview, very quick simple straight forward interview. He said that they were looking for back up employees in case someone quit but, I took another job before a spot opened up.

Interview Questions

• This is probably normal but, he asked what my aspirations were as far as working with them.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Interview

It as a somewhat long process. I was contacted after over a month of having applied. I had a short phone interview, then two face-to-face interviews. The whole process, from the day I applied to the day I started took almost 3 months.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were unable to deliver as promised. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question