Eisai -New Jersey

www.eisai.com

Eisai -New Jersey Interview Questions

3.1

Medical Sales Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Eisai -New Jersey.

Was contacted by a recruiter on a Friday. After being screened on the phone by the recruiter, I was scheduled for a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager for the following Wednesday. Because of scheduling conflict, it turned into a phone interview on Thursday. It was a conversation with the manager going over my resume and my background. Towards the end of the call, we scheduled a face-to-face with him and another manager for the next morning. The next interview was more rigid and consisted of behavioral questions using the STAR method for answering. By noon, I was at the airport flying to Arizona to interview with the Regional Director. There were some behavioral questions, but it was mostly conversational as he was trying to determine if I would be a good fit for the company. That interview lasted for about an hour and a half before I was driven back to the airport for the flight back. Before I got on the plane, the recruiter had called me to tip me off that I had got the job. On the drive home that night, I was contacted by the hiring manager to let me know that he was offering me the position.

The whole process took less than a week and I was impressed by everyone I had met with during the interviewing process. They were a big reason why I had accepted the position with Eisai.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions. The questions were standard behavioral questions where you need to answer using the STAR method. The interviewing DMs were very nice and conversational.   Answer Question
    Always counter offer, never accept the initial offer.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodcliff Lake, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Eisai -New Jersey.

Generally one to two interviews depending on the availability of managers. Semi-informal and straight-to-the-point interview process

Medical Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Eisai -New Jersey.

spoke with Recruiter first then had face to face with recruiter and DM. Next was another interview with another DM. Then moved forward to see regional manager. All questions are from corporate..STAR format everything

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you had to sell in a difficult situation   Answer Question

Medical Sales Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Eisai -New Jersey.

This company asks a lot of situational type questions. The answers must be given in the S.T.A.R. format (Situation, Task/Action, Result).

Interview Questions
    • If you have been at the same company in the same position longer than 2 years the interviewers want to know how have you grown   View Answer

Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodcliff Lake, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Eisai -New Jersey in May 2010.

Started as a contractor and then was subsequently hired as a full time employee.

Interview Questions
    All initial negotiations were done through my Staffing agency and then the full time offering was done with HR.

Biologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Eisai -New Jersey in April 2010.

The people are very pleasant and the Hiring process is straight forward. The company is highly diversified and has a strong Pharmaceutical pipeline.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodcliff Lake, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Eisai -New Jersey in November 2009.

After initial generic discussions with an HR rep a phone interview was setup to discuss the position in detail with the department hiring manager and the medical lead representing the product that needed support. The company understands they represent numerous cultures and spent a fair amount of time discussing how you would deal with cultural differences asking for examples of your successes. The company recently reorganized into Product Creation Units so if they don't offer an explantion of how they report into and work within these new teams I would suggest asking them.

Interview Questions
    • We work with numerous companies in different countries, please provide an example of how you worked with different cultures and any problems you encountered.   Answer Question

Key Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Eisai -New Jersey in January 2012.

1) Screeining interview by a hired headhunter. 2) Tests done at home via email. 3) 2nd intervjur with headhunter and business unit manager from the company. 4) 3rd intervju with the same headhunter, where he also gave me the results fro mdifferent test. 5) I am now on my way to the final interview wher I meet the Business unit manager plus his boss. I will go through a bevaioral interview that will last for approx. 2 hours.

Interview Questions
    • Can you decribe your greatest achievement in your former job?   View Answer
    • What are your greatest strengths and what are your weaknesses?   View Answer
    I haven't been through that yet.

Research Scientist Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Eisai -New Jersey in October 2010.

It was an on campus interview. The hiring manager was a PhD in Organic Chemistry and was interviewing for 8-10 synthetic organic chemists and 2 biochemists. I have a PhD and post-doc experience in biochemistry. He had very minimal knowledge about the subject and position. I described my research with the slides I had printed. He mentioned that he heard few key words during my research description and would get back to me if I get selected for on-site interview in about a month. Of course, I didnt hear from him again. (except for the thank you notes followup etc. )

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions were asked. I was just asked to give a brief description of my research experience.   Answer Question

Clinical Research Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Eisai -New Jersey in August 2010.

The lead interviewer did not give the chance for me to share my experience. When I did, this person immediately cut the conversation by saying that I'm lying.
    After 1.5 hours, I didn't feel that they would appreciate what I was saying anyway.