Eisner LLP Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2015

2.4

Audit Staff I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Eisner LLP in October 2014.

Interview

on campus interview, met them at job fair and got invited for an interview. They had a pre night social and the interview date the day after. Interviewed by audit partner. No questions, just went over the resume

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Eisner LLP (New York, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

Meet two senior managers. Both are very nice. Questions are all basic questions.

Tax Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eisner LLP (New York, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

I applied through their website and received a call for an interview within the next few days. During the first part of my interview, I spoke with a manager. We discussed the position being offered and my previous experiences. The second part of my interview I spoke with a partner. We wound up discussing different areas of tax I am familiar with and somehow got into how we managed through the recent storm. He did not even look at my resume once during the hour we spoke. They emailed my acceptance letter one week after my interview.

Audit Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Eisner LLP in October 2012.

Interview

I met the recruiter on campus, and she invited me for office interview.

Interview Questions

• What are the business courses that you like most and least? and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jenkintown, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eisner LLP (Jenkintown, PA) in March 2012.

Interview

I met a recruiter and senior manager at Spring Connection (our business career event). I assume I made a good impression because a few weeks later I received an email from the HR. She invited me to interview for an internship even though I was graduating in two years instead of one and was not technically eligible to apply. The HR asked me basic questions and very little behavioral questions. After the interview she gave me a tour of the office and I got to meet the Tax Partner. 6 days later I received an email saying that the Tax Partner I met liked me and extended me an offer.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer
    • What is your greatest accomplishment?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you led a group project?   Answer Question
    • Are you interested in tax or audit?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time where you had tight deadlines?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There didn't seem to have any room for negotiations since I was only an intern.

Audit Senior Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eisner LLP (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

A recruiting agency sent my resume to Eisner. Took them 1 day to confirm the interview. Met one-on-one with 4 directors; one HR, one operational, two audits. They come across as warm, inviting, and friendly group of people, and upfront about what can be expected at Eisner. Offer was made a day after interview.

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Eisner LLP (Lawrenceville, NJ) in March 2011.

Interview

Very easy process. The interview questions were easy. The interviewers were laid back and understanding. The entire interview process was very quick also. I would recommend doing an intern here.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you faced ethical dilemma   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eisner LLP (New York, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

Met with one of the partners and had a one-on-one interview. The interviewer had genuine interest in you and spent time introducing the job environment, people, and opportunities at Eisner LLP. You get a feeling that they believe in personality more than an impressive academic background. I got hired at the spot and asked to start as soon as I could.

Interview Questions

• Why would you choose Eisner over the Big Four Accounting firms.   Answer Question

Audit Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eisner LLP (New York, NY) in December 2009.

Interview

It was a general interview with nothing technical. He introduced himself and the positon and asked me to tell him about my self. I went over my experiences with various companies I had worked for and the achievement obtained. He further described the firm's culture and what to expect from the position. I also ceased the opportunity to ask questions with regards to his own experiences with the firm and why is the position being filled. This was a first round interview and no technical questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• It was an interview with HR, so no technical questions were asked.   1 Answer

Audit Staff I Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Eisner LLP (New York, NY) in November 2009.

Interview

I got this opportunity through my University career center. 1st round interviews were done on campus (one 1:1 interview with a partner), followed by an in-office 2nd round interview, which consisted of 3 professional interviews (1 partner, 1 senior, and one staff) and 1 HR interview. Impressive office with great, friendly people.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult experience you faced when working with a group of your peers?   Answer Question
    • I can't really remember many questions. Most were personal, and I like to turn interviews around and ask a lot of my own questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is not much room for negotiation in Accounting starting salaries. A good benefits package was offered though: medical/dental, high 401(k) matching, flexible spending accounts.