El Paso Interview Questions

2.5

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at El Paso.

Interview process is fair.

Offer was good.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at El Paso in September 2011.

The interview was very scripted. Not much interaction, was similar to answering a questionnaire.Having said that, the interviewer was very informative and I had a good feel for what the expectations would be of me if I was hired on.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at El Paso in October 2011.

I met with a manager from Reservoir engineering, facilities engineering, production engineering and drilling engineering departments who each had specific questions to ask. After all the questions were answered we had informal conversation about their position, how I would fit into their department if I chose to work there. Also met with a senior VP briefly and an HR representative to go over benefits.

Interview Questions
    • Asked a lot of questions about relevant courses / projects to the position.   Answer Question

Rotational Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at El Paso in October 2011.

The interview was very short! The interviewer first talked about himself and his education background then asked me about my work experience that I have stated on the resume. No situational questions or behavioral or anything! It was the same way with other applicants as well.

Gas Pipeline Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at El Paso in August 2008.

The department manager looked at the resume I sent in with my application and called and asked me to come in for an interview. I went in prepared to sell myself. I had a portfolio and everything. None of it was ever looked at. I was never asked a single question outside of "what do you think of our gym?" I was told what the job was, had the schedule explained to me, met some people around the office, and went home. That night I was offered the job. So were 3 other people. There is a 80% turnover rate in the department...

Interview Questions
    • Would you be willing to work 12 hour rotating shifts?   View Answer
    • How do you like our gym?   View Answer

Principal IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

The process took a day - interviewed at El Paso in April 2007.

Interviewed through a recruiter for a contract to hire position. Several people interviewed me all at once in an office. Standard questions about technology and specific questions about SQL Server.

Interview Questions
    Nothing to negotiate at the time since it was contract to hire.

Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at El Paso in January 2011.

Process Is Very Easy to Navigate

Company Is Competitive But Firm In Negotiations First Offer Was Final

PDP Entry Level Geosciences Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at El Paso in September 2010.

1:1 interview at AAPG student expo; advance to an all day on-site interview where I was interviewed by several different groups of people, each from a different portion of the company with different specialties. Usually asked the same questions by each different group, which got old.

Interview Questions
    • If you were given a project lets say (......) how would you go about attacking it?   View Answer
    Salary was what I had expected, so no negotiations were made

Worked for El Paso? Contribute to the Community!