El Pollo Loco Interview Questions

1.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at El Pollo Loco

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at El Pollo Loco in October 2014.

I applied online on Saturday, got a call right away on Sunday for an interview on Tuesday. I got hired right on the spot even though i have no work experience and the interview was very easy. I was asked basic questions like "what time i was available to work?" and "if i am willing to perform any job needed besides the cashier?" After being hired i have to attend orientation and sign paper work. Over all very simple process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at El Pollo Loco in August 2014.

Real easy and simple got the job on spot since i have lots of experience. I've worked at other fast food restaurants with great customer service to back me up so i think that helped me get the job.

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at El Pollo Loco.

Applied online, and got two interviews, if they you like they will pick,... to be a cashier you have to speak friendly,... so I played that part... alot of latinos Go there,... with ocassional red people, and black people,... some asians,... there are modtly mexicans& guatamalans working there,... two black people...

Interview Questions
    • I wonder why some shift leaders became whst they are... they shouldve stayed cashier or even throw them in the back and tell them to prep,... because they have nasty attitudes,...   Answer Question
    When they tell u in the interview that they will pay u more for being bilingual or they will pay u a certain amount,... remember that and fight it... they will try to either forget they said,.. make an excuse ... or give u a different pay lesser than what they said... fight it...

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at El Pollo Loco.

got hired that day. They asked like 2 scenarios and just asked if i could handle fast pace stuff

8.50

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fontana, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fontana, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at El Pollo Loco in September 2013.

Asked about previous experience, current status, and future goals. Talked about how being a current student would and would not affect me. Also explained that if I don't get a raise within 6 months, there must be something wrong with the way I work, yet I haven't gotten a raise in the past 18 months, when often get told I work exceptionally well.

Interview Questions
    there was no negotiation set pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at El Pollo Loco in June 2013.

Interview Questions
    • Why did I chose to work for Pollo Loco   View Answer

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at El Pollo Loco in June 2013.

No interview questions. Just a conversation about position/job what they want. Hours, what I would like to get paid. Basic stuff. How old am I?

Interview Questions
    • You mentioned that you had another job why did you quit?   Answer Question
    I'm unsure if I got hired because I have to wait until Tuesday for the General Manager to call or email me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bell Gardens, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bell Gardens, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at El Pollo Loco in May 2013.

Walked in restaurant and requested a paper application. Filled it out and turned it in directly to the manager right then and there. A couple days later got a phone call to set up an interview at the restaurant in the morning. Dressed in business attire and got to the interview 15mins early. She asked asked me for proof of authorization to work in the US and asked questions about the food industry etc. I showed her my resume and she showed me some paper work etc. She said she would give me a call if I got the job. That same night I got a phone call to be told I got the job. The next couple days I went in for more paper work and initial training.

Interview Questions
    With no past experience I took the starting 8.00hr pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at El Pollo Loco in June 2012.

Got a call for an online application, the manager asked me about my previous employment, which i had none. I got the in-person interview that week. The manager was nice, and after a few questions I got the job. I had to go in and get the background check and then then my first day was a few days after that. So it was a pretty simple process. Had to sign alot of papers the first day, and read all the procedures., but after the background check day, you get paid for the time you spend there.

Interview Questions
    • They were all pretty basic, just kinda have a decent idea of the food at El Pollo Loco before going in, because i had never been, but i went before hand to check it out. And know that this isnt like McDonalds or Del Taco, El Pollo Locos get soooo busy, you wont believe the lines.   Answer Question
    There was none, they told me my pay, and if I wanted benefits they would take a dollar out per hour. I opted out of the benefits.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laguna Niguel, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laguna Niguel, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at El Pollo Loco in February 2012.

i was interviewed by the general manager and ask me a set of questions.