El Pollo Loco

Updated Dec 30, 2014

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at El Pollo Loco

Any Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at El Pollo Loco in November 2014.

I entered the restaurant feeling extremely nervous because it was going to be my first interview ever. I wore black slacks and flats and a nice blouse. I had applied a week before and got a call 4 days later to schedule an interview. The manager seemed nice and i got interview in the lobby where every customer eats also they gave me a free drink while i waited. The questions are what you should always expect in an interview such as tell me about yourself, have you ever had any experience working in a fast food restaurant. The interview was exceptionally easy and i was given the job of a cashier on the spot :)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at El Pollo Loco in November 2014.

Had to wait a while to be interviewed took up my entire lunch break. The manager that interviewed was very nice but seemed a bit in a hurry. She told me what I needed to do very briefly and then sent me on my way to come back for a second interview. I was more confused after the interview then before I got there. Good thing I had a friend that worked there already and he showed me the ropes and how things ran there. I caught on in no time and was confident it doing my job thanks to a co-worker though not a manager.

Interview Questions
    Just be ready to learn on your own and do it at the expense of getting behind on your work. That's how they run things there very fast but anyone can get the hang of it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at El Pollo Loco in October 2014.

I applied online on Saturday, got a call right away on Sunday for an interview on Tuesday. I got hired right on the spot even though i have no work experience and the interview was very easy. I was asked basic questions like "what time i was available to work?" and "if i am willing to perform any job needed besides the cashier?" After being hired i have to attend orientation and sign paper work. Over all very simple process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at El Pollo Loco in October 2014.

I applied to the closest El Pollo Loco's around me that offered online applications and heard back from one in Westminster in less than a week. A guy called me around 11:30AM and said they can schedule an interview at 4:30PM that same day; I took the opportunity. I arrived a few minutes early and I believe a manager was the person I spoke to and mentioned that I had an interview. He gave me a cup and said to take a seat and that someone would be with me shortly. About 5 minutes later a girl shows up with some papers and a pen, we exchange names, shake hands and she says we should change seats and I followed, it was a table for 2. One seat across the other. I was expecting to go in an office but since there was not many customers there it was fine, it just seemed odd because it was my first interview and thats what i was expecting. She just asked about my current occupation (part-time student) and if I have another job or had. I said no, it would be my first job. Then she asked what position was i looking for and I said that I am open to anything. And she said thats awesome because most people just say cashier. (I honestly wouldn't mind being an assistant cook, cashier, or whatever it is they offer. After that she really rushed through all the questions and even though i never had a job with a company before I have had experience with customers because of volunteering and working with my aunt (Party Rentals) and my dad (handyman). Which I mentioned. She said it was a bonus that I spoke spanish and that if i was to get a second interview with the head manager she would be the one to train me because she gets stuff done, etc. What made me feel bad was when she said "I don't have any more questions for you since you don't have experience." (I'm trying to get some...now I'm left wondering if thats what will happen every time) Overall she was nice and made it seem like i would get another interview. I gave her my resume (Not much on there to be honest because I have no references) and she said she would take a look and call me back. I never got a call and after a week i said that its too long so I just moved on. About another week later I received an email, basically saying thank you but we will continue looking for someone more suitable for this position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at El Pollo Loco in August 2014.

Real easy and simple got the job on spot since i have lots of experience. I've worked at other fast food restaurants with great customer service to back me up so i think that helped me get the job.

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at El Pollo Loco.

Applied online, and got two interviews, if they you like they will pick,... to be a cashier you have to speak friendly,... so I played that part... alot of latinos Go there,... with ocassional red people, and black people,... some asians,... there are modtly mexicans& guatamalans working there,... two black people...

Interview Questions
    • I wonder why some shift leaders became whst they are... they shouldve stayed cashier or even throw them in the back and tell them to prep,... because they have nasty attitudes,...   Answer Question
    When they tell u in the interview that they will pay u more for being bilingual or they will pay u a certain amount,... remember that and fight it... they will try to either forget they said,.. make an excuse ... or give u a different pay lesser than what they said... fight it...

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at El Pollo Loco.

got hired that day. They asked like 2 scenarios and just asked if i could handle fast pace stuff

8.50

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fontana, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fontana, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at El Pollo Loco in September 2013.

Asked about previous experience, current status, and future goals. Talked about how being a current student would and would not affect me. Also explained that if I don't get a raise within 6 months, there must be something wrong with the way I work, yet I haven't gotten a raise in the past 18 months, when often get told I work exceptionally well.

Interview Questions
    there was no negotiation set pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at El Pollo Loco in June 2013.

Interview Questions
    • Why did I chose to work for Pollo Loco   View Answer

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at El Pollo Loco in June 2013.

No interview questions. Just a conversation about position/job what they want. Hours, what I would like to get paid. Basic stuff. How old am I?

Interview Questions
    • You mentioned that you had another job why did you quit?   Answer Question
    I'm unsure if I got hired because I have to wait until Tuesday for the General Manager to call or email me.