Elanco

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Senior Consultant Interview

Associate Senior Consultant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Elanco.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview with hiring consultant, then phone interview with manager and 2 employees of department. Questions asked included what I knew about company products and what "gets me through the day". After the phone interview, I was asked to come for an onsite interview. During the onsite interview, I was interveiwed by 6 separate people. Questions asked were mostly behavior-based, focusing on situation, action, and result.

Interview Question – "Tell me about a time when you had to change a process that wasn’t achieving its stated objective."   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Greenfield, IN

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Elanco in November 2013.

Interview Details – It was very difficult to communicate and plan with the recruiting company. I had my on site travel plans changed several times including last minute changes. I would call and email the recruiter and supervisor of the recruiter and get no reply for days.
Once the communication was transfer to the actual hiring manager's secretary, the process was very straightforward. I had a two days interview that was very informative regarding the position, the company, the work culture and location. I had the opportunity to speak with several employees that would be working directly and indirectly with the position offered. As usual the company is very focus on team efforts and praises the vision of its director on fighting world hunger.
I had communications difficulties again when trying to follow up on the hiring process. I received no replies from my emails or phone calls to the hiring manager or the HR manager.

Interview Question – Several "give me an example of" type of question regarding difficult situations while working on a team.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Elanco.

Interview Details – got a phone call from HR. Talked to Hiring Manager. Visit the site for interview. Process took 4 weeks. Typical behavior based questions.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Made reasonable offer.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Marketing Interview

Marketing

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Elanco.

Interview Details – 3 interview

Interview Question – Where do you see ourself in 5-10 years   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior IT Specialist Interview

Senior IT Specialist
Clinton, IN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Elanco in September 2012.

Interview Details – Started with a phone interview. Went in to talk with IT Director and Senior IT Associate. Interview was laid back, and comfortable. They were very personable, and great personailities. Was called a few weeks later that I got the position.

Interview Question – nothing was difficult. The conversation was very enjoyable.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Was contracted.

Very Difficult Interview

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Greenfield, IN

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Elanco in September 2011.

Interview Details – I was called immediately after sending my resume by a recruiter. Elanco does recruiting through Unison Resource Company it appears. This was easy, full of basic questions you expect to hear in an initial phone interview. That day I was scheduled for an interview with 3 recruiters from Unison for Elanco for the following week. When I arrived at Elanco, there was no hiring manager, just 3 recruiters from Unison with a list of long convoluted questions. I had no clue what some of these strange questions were trying to get at. Also, everyone gets asked the same questions, regardless of their past. I just got out of grad school, yet they were asking me about conflicts with my boss on projects that effect the company. However, everyone was very nice and professional. Oh yes, and every question was a behavioral question.

Interview Question – Easiest: Guide us through step by step a financial analysis you performed.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Elanco in January 2009.

Interview Details – Several one to one interviews with senior technical and management staff, open protocol, wide topics, rotation between interviewers and candidates, no host for each candidate. Found some of the technical staff particularly unprepared and unexperienced for job interviews. Results given right away, turned out no hiring was done at the time.

Interview Question – If an emergency occurs in a technical area out of your expertise, and the appropriate expert is overseas, would you take care of the situation?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Elanco? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Elanco interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Elanco employees and interview candidates.