Elbit Systems of America

Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Fort Worth, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Elbit Systems of America in June 2010.

Interview Details – Interview individually with senior engineers, with members of management and with the Director. This can be 1:1 or panel type interview. Don't be late, if you are not 15 minutes early then you are late.

Interview Question – What is the full product life cycle   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very little room to negotiate. If they want you, they will pay what your experience is worth. Don't go too high because they will just make the offer to someone else.

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Software Engineering Intern
Fort Worth, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Elbit Systems of America.

Interview Details – Initially sent them my resume and cover letter through an internship website. Got a random phone call from them about 2 weeks or so later, and they gave me a brief phone interview. Topics ranged from leadership questions to technical qualifications and reasons work experience matters, with a few behavioral questions sprinkled in. Got an email a few days after that stating that they wanted to bring me in for a real interview at their HQ. Questions at this interview were almost entirely related to the field and my work experience. I also had to take an aptitude test for the programming languages I was working with, and that took roughly an hour. Very straightforward interview and friendly interviewers, I felt it was extremely fair.

Interview Question – Nothing really difficult or unexpected if you're confident in programming the languages that you said you could when applying.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating necessary, the rate offered was excellent.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Electrical Engineer
Fort Worth, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Elbit Systems of America in April 2010.

Interview Details – Seemed like no one knew I was coming. Haphazard and disorganized. Interviewer was thew hiring manager who just kept talking about the products and the technology and didn't seem to care about what I knew or my background. I was not surprised that they didn;t make me an offer. It seemed like they had an internal candidate in mind for the promotion and was just going through the motions. I big waste of my time.

Interview Questions

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Project Engineering Manager Interview

Project Engineering Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Elbit Systems of America in October 2008.

Interview Details – Contacted by previous co-worker. Phone interview with systems engineering manager. Called in for interview. This was about 2 weeks total. Very detailed interview about project management. One on one with engineers working the project, my direct boss, VP of Engineering, VP of marketing with group followup. Told me at that meeting that they would make me an offer (don't think they do that any more). They were in trouble on a specific program and wanted to know how I would get it done. It took them 5 months to lure me away from my previous job.

Interview Question – HOw will you pull all the different groups together and keep them on a path to success?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They recruited me. The first offer was equal to my old job, the second was a little higher with a hiring bonus, the third they asked me to name a number. With the current economy they are slower to post jobs and get tons of applicants so I assume it's much harder

Worked for Elbit Systems of America? Contribute to the Community!