Elder-Beerman Stores

Elder-Beerman Stores Interview Questions

1.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Elder-Beerman Stores

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Elder-Beerman Stores.

Simple questions, very nice. Was asked about experience with previous employers. Was asked to explain what I would do if put in a certain position such as dealing with angry customers or dealing with someone that stole an item. Also asked about my education and if I was currently going to college.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how i would go about selling an item to a customer .   Answer Question
    Be down to earth and show the interviewer that you're not afraid to talk to anybody

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Elder-Beerman Stores.

I was seasonal employment so take that into consideration. the hiring process was fast and i was scheduled to work a few days after.

No negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarksburg, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarksburg, WV

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Elder-Beerman Stores in March 2012.

The application process is online only at elder-beerman.com and sometimes randomly the application will ask you to complete a series of math questions. They call you pretty quick and the interview is within a few days after that.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to give an example of a time when I had to work in a group to solve a problem, the rest is just personal info, experience, and availability.   Answer Question
    They was no negotiation, they offered me minimum wage only and I accepted.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paducah, KY
    Anonymous Employee in Paducah, KY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Elder-Beerman Stores in January 2010.

Very easy process, was brought in to discuss how I would handle certain situations. I would be given an event, such as a customer comes in an i actually see someone steal something, what should I do? It was very easy and mindless. I would not stress out at all, use your common sense and you should pass on to the next level.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about handling cash?   Answer Question
    • In a situation where someone steals something out of the store, what would you do?   Answer Question

Receiving Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Elder-Beerman Stores in April 2009.

Got called in for an interview. I really didn't want the job but applied anyway cause a friend worked there and it was close to home. I went to the interview in shorts and a t-shirt. Interviewer noted that I was dressed more casual than most applicants. I told her I like to be comfortable and that my work ethic speaks for itself. She asked me when I could start and I told her "Right now!" and so she hired me.

Interview Questions
    • Are you afraid of heights or getting on ladders?   View Answer
    It was minimum wage. Raises of a few cents an hour occur every year.

Sales Associate Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Elder-Beerman Stores in November 2011.

After I had filled an application online it took about 3 weeks to get a call. When the woman called me on the phone she had told me I was already hired but she had to ask me interview questions when I come into the store. After I came in to the store, had the interview, she filled out my work permit and told me to have it back within a week because my superintendent was out of town.. The woman was so unorganized, she couldn't even find my application. I come back before the deadline and she told me she gave my spot away. She told me to call next week, I called and she told me the same thing again, call next week. After doing that I gave up. Horrible experience.

Interview Questions
    • What is customer service to you?   View Answer
    • What if you didn't know the answer to a customers question?   View Answer

Loss Prevention Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Elder-Beerman Stores in February 2011.

A regional manager, as well as district manager conducted the interview. Mostly a straight-forward interview where each asked the standard questions pertaining to knowledge and experience in the field.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to travel between stores?   View Answer

Low salary

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Elder-Beerman Stores in November 2010.

I applied online and took the success profile (I think that is what it was called). About a week or two later, the HR Manager called and scheduled an interview with me. It was very easy. She just asked me to tell her about myself, told me a little about the company, and asked how soon I could start and what hours I would be available.