Election Systems & Software Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2015

Interviews for Top Jobs at Election Systems & Software

Desktop Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Election Systems & Software (Omaha, NE) in March 2015.

Interview

After the initial phone screening, I was called in for in-person interview. I met with Development manager who had series of programming and SQL questions (Select, Inner Join, Group By) on paper (read below) for interview Q&A. Once he was finished and left the room, the director walked in and asked a variety of standard interview questions like "What are your goals?", "Why are you passionate about working as a developer?", "What type of culture do you prefer at your workplace?" etc. Then for the third round, a developer from the company logged into her computer and had several C# programming and SQL questions (Inner Join, Compare Dates).

Interview Questions

• Question 1: Loop through numbers 200 - 300 and print "Hum" if numbers divisible by 5, print "Honey" if divisible by 7, and print "Nothing" everything else. Question 2: What's the difference between interface and abstract class? Question 3: What's the difference between int and int32? Question 4: Print just the integers from the following list? ArrayList list = new ArrayList(); list.Add("Hello"); list.Add(1); list.Add(2.5); list.Add(3); list.Add(2); list.Add("Jeremy"); list.Add(0); Question 5: Find the youngest student from the Student table below? StudentID DOB ------------ --------- 001 05/21/1991 002 11/04/1995 003 12/02/1989   1 Answer

Proposal Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Election Systems & Software (Omaha, NE) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview was very casual and they didn't ask the traditional interview questions. I think the biggest plus to the interview was coming prepared. Research the company. They were impressed with my knowledge of the company, right down to some of its pitfalls. Also, I was prepared with questions to ask them at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• What forms of style guides are you familiar with using in Technical Writing?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I received an offer for the Technical Communication Writer/Coordinator position with a base salary of $60,000. However, 4 days prior to start, they called and offered me the Proposal Writer position; a promotion in line to succeed the Director of Technical Documentation and Proposals position.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Election Systems & Software in April 2010.

Interview

Contracted with the company before. Interview was a formality.