Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI)

www.epri.com
  www.epri.com

Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) Interview Questions

Updated Oct 24, 2014
Updated Oct 24, 2014

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI)

Technical Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) in August 2014.

Phone call to plan the date. Interview was with about half a dozen people who were managers as well as peers. Some were long time employees and some were new. Some of the interview questions were technical and others were standard about how to approach resolution to a problem, how to manage projects and related topics. The interview process lasted all day and included me giving a technical presentation to a small group. I got to select the topic and was informed in advance so that I would have something prepared. The group asked good questions.

Interview Questions
    • The most challenging questions were related to my presentation - the people in the room were really paying attention and wanted more in-depth information than was included in the slides   Answer Question
    • There were questions about moving across the country, and how i felt about that   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) in June 2014.

My adviser told me that there is vacancy and he asked me if I wanted to come. And I personally contact the manager and then HR took over. The interview took only half an hour talking about what we are gonna do and if I am qualified for this project. And that is done. Everything is smooth just took a month to proceed

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to talk about the previous experience in implementing OPF and skills of oop   Answer Question

Technical Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI).

Telephone interview with technical staff then HR. Then in person in Knoxville, TN office. Everything was a bit unorganized and unclear when working with HR assistant but when I met Sr HR person she was very knowledgable about the position and the company as a whole. Very impressive. Some of the the people I interviewed with have written books and papers I have read and studied.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to describe a task that I was given that I as not able to complete. Was left to me if I decided to explain why.   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) in April 2011.

The interview was about what am I dong in the current job and they explain about the job description for a new job. I was not interested to work in that company because when I asked about the career advancement, the interviewer seems not happy with my question. The reason for me to look for a new job is because I want to advance my career in the future.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) in April 2009.

Received a call after submitting my application online a few weeks earlier. A phone interview was scheduled for the next 2 days or so, with the Sr. HR Manager, who was very friendly, yet professional. She advised timeline. Got another call to schedule in person interview with 3 other people the week after. Got a rejection letter probably 3 weeks later :(

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) in October 2008.

Contacted by an in-house contracted recruiter and had an initial phone interview and then met with the hiring manager and one member of the team. Offered position from recruiter and handled all salary, etc. negotiation with recruiter as middle-man. Seamless interview process and quick decision to hire.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI).

HR, Interview on phone and 1 on 1