Electricity Supply Board Interview Questions

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Electricity Supply Board

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Electricity Supply Board (Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)) in April 2009.

Interview

Very very formal company, prior to the interview you will receive from HR a detailed description of the interview. ESB use 4 different core competencies, you need to have current examples no more than 2 years old. you also need the usual bit at the beginning fairly well.

Interview Questions

• what do you like / dislike about your current position   1 Answer

Negotiation

none it was through an agent

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Electricity Supply Board in May 2015.

Interview

Very long and drawn out process from start to finish. It took them over 5 weeks to shortlist and schedule interviews. The interview itself was very formal and rigid with a panel of 3 HR Managers. It then took them another 4-5 weeks to revert with feedback.

Interview Questions

• Combination of run through c.v. and 4-5 competency questions   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Electricity Supply Board (Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2015.

Interview

I was Interviewed by 3 HR Representatives, all professional but warm. Competency based interview, panel was interactive, encouraging and knowledgeable. I was advised at the interview stage that they would be interviewing for the next 5 weeks and that they would be making a decision by early June, which they did. So even though the application and interviewing process was longer than some posts they were very clear and adhered to their proposed timelines. Also taking into consideration the competition for a post the timelines were reasonable. Also for a senior post it was only one comprehensive interview. I had just been interviewed by a multinational and the interview was 4 hours long so overall I would say it was quite a positive and efficient process.

Interview Questions

• Panel stuck to the four or five competency questions. There were no unpredictable questions, this was my first competency based interview. Process was fair and transparent.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Electricity Supply Board (Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)) in January 2014.

Interview

Met with stakeholders, and Head of PMO to discuss experience and to assess if there was a suitable cultural fit. The interview was held in house and was a panel based interview. The focus was more on cultural fit as opposed to technical or competency based questions. The feedback was quick and the interviewers were amenable.

Interview Questions

• How would I deal with team members who were not sure about how to approach a specific project task   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Electricity Supply Board (Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)) in January 2009.

Interview

Very basic interview for an internship placement, interview was arranged through university office. I attended and was offered a position the following day. Interview was competency based and questions were about my area of study and previous work experiences.