Electro Rent

2 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Accountant/Senior Accountant Interview

Van Nuys, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Electro Rent in August 2011.

Interview Details – It was one on one intreview in ER Van Nuys office ... Meet with HR took web based IQ/Personality test. Then meet with HR manager for 15 min before the Assitant controller intreview me ... She was impressed by my background and work ... Her questions were kind of weird mix with behavioral and technical … examples will be is it ok to organize the file room, is it ok to have mistakes? She mentions in the interview that her boss the controller and president of the company are very picky and in case of mistakes happen it is not acceptable and may result to termination. Seems to me that upper management like to point fingers at each other … Then I took the interview in a different direction asking about work load and expectation, then I start to ask about annual reviews… She was straight forward with me and said not to expect a raise on a yearly basis and raises in Electro rent range from 0.5%-3% depend on each position budget. She mentions that in 2008, 2009, & 2010 they were on salary freeze. I asked when the salary freeze was released in 2011 how much was the average raise she said depends some people get 0% some get 5% … Then we went back to normal accounting debit credit questions and end the interview …

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to organize the file room? And put old files in the boxes to send to the whearhouse?   View Answer
  • Are you willing to work overtime including weekends to make sure your boss is happy from you?   View Answers (2)

Reason for Declining – Actually I didn’t decline first instead I accepted the offer $62K, they did the background check and drug test … and I told them I will show up on 09/12/2011 for work … but I end up not showing up. Called assistant controller over the weekend and left a message saying I am sorry I have to turn you down because I got another offer… the reason I turned them down was I didn’t felt there is a room for growth nor job stability … Also I rather to work in a bigger company with better benefits more organized.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Accountant Interview

Van Nuys, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Electro Rent in September 2011.

Interview Details – First you need to walk in the building and call HR, They did not answere from first time.. Second HR will pick u up to second floor and place you on a PC to take an IQ test ... Then you will be placed in a small room next to HR and accounting ... I meet the assitant controller/Accounting manager and she was very detial and picky ... everything went good until I asked one (Q) ? I asked her If this is a new position company added due to growth or I am replacing some one who is currently working there ... And she get upset from the (Q) and ended the intreview in less then 2 min and walk away ... I don't Know but it seems like they intreview me for a position that I am replacing somebody there thats why she get upset and ended the intreview and I didnt hear back from them since that day.

Interview Question – Why you want to work in Electro Rent?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Electro Rent? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Electro Rent interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Electro Rent employees and interview candidates.