Electrolux Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2014

2.7

AV Technician/Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Electrolux in July 2014.

I started the process with an online application thru their home site. the job was posted in the North American portal, but could not be found on any other search, ie. Monster, Glassdoor, ect.
    It took about a week before I was contacted by the internal recruiter, who set up a phone interview with the department, and also sent me a 4 part questionnaire to complete. The phone interview was scheduled fairly quickly and was rather informal. I waited another 7-10 days before I was contacted again by the recruiter who informed me to wait on a call back.
    Almost a week after that I received a call from a different internal source who wanted to set me up on a 3 part individual interview onsite with the Hiring manger, Department Manager, and HR. The interviews were very in depth and ran over the allotted time.
    The staff was very friendly, and made me fell right at home. For a large corporate company they operate much like the small family companies I have previously been employed by. The work/family balance seems very desirable there!

Interview Questions
    • they wanted multiple personal stories and examples to paint a picture of my work ethic and personality. as I haven't interviewed very much lately I scrambled as I was prepared to answer "corporate america," type questions.   Answer Question

Controller Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Electrolux.

Multiple Sr members of management

very easy

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, TN

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Electrolux in May 2012.

Applied through career builder, received a call from HR to set a later date phone interview. Was told to come in and take an 8-hour forklift training course contingent upon if I passed, the job was mine. I passed, was hired a week later without a temp agency that they usually use but with no orientation or real company information until 6-months later in an old randstad trailer.

There is no negotiating with this company for entry level jobs. Good luck with anything else also. Just ask the folks in Thailand.

Industrial Design Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Electrolux in September 2011.

Sat down with two members of the industrial design team to go over my portfolio and current project in school. They were very nice but seemed to have a hard time grasping concepts I was presenting that other people seemed to be okay with. They thanked me for my time and said they would send an email out to everyone who had interviewed with new contact information since they had recently changed offices. I never heard anything. In fact, neither did any of my peers who interviewed. Just because we were college students did not mean we did not deserve professionalism.

Interview Questions
    • I had a project which consisted of an installation outside in rural areas and he asked "What if someone wanted to steal it?"   Answer Question

Sales Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

First contact was by a HR company (3rd party). When they had a position in (external) sales they called me for some basic tests, 2 interviews with the Sales Directors.

There was a formation plan to a sales supervisor (1 year). But when I had 6 months of experience with the team I got the middle east region of Brazil clients to manage

Financial Reporting Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Electrolux in July 2013.

Introduced to company during a student conference and followed up with a contact made there. The first short list was postponed and took quite sometime, afterwards though process was very fast and smooth. I was called and invited to work on a 90min case study for my position with a follow up interview with more details on the job, questions on the case study and general questions. Final interview was with the line manager and more about fit into the team and position specific questions

Interview Questions
    • Case study was challenging due to time pressure and ambiguity in what to take care of for preparation.   Answer Question

Product Development Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Electrolux.

First interview: General questions about related experience, background, degree. Also told me what it is they do and general workings of the department
    Second Interview: A design case study which had to be completed within one week. During the telephone interview I had to explain how I approached the problem.

Interview Questions
    • Case study: Analyze a problem and then submit suggested solutions.   Answer Question

Marketing Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kraków (Poland)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Electrolux in April 2012.

The first level - It was a phone interview, asking about general information, in polish and in english
    The second level - the test of my skills
    The last level - It was a 1:1 Interview, talking about my experiences, etc

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any hard situation with your current boss?   View Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kraków (Poland)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Electrolux in June 2009.

I have answered job advertisement on one of bigger job-seeking websites. My education and experience was matching requirement - I was asked for interview. Definately very important point is your English knowledge! Don't bother trying if you don't have it. Unfortunately hard skills are not tested as much

Interview Questions
    • - "how much would you like to earn?" I hate this one
      - "what are your plans for future"
        View Answer
    There was none. They just said I will get what I was asking for when answering that stupid question.

Data Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Electrolux in April 2009.

A day after the application deadline, I got shortlisted for the phone interview with HR. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and consisted of two parts. First a more detailed description of the position was given. Thereafter, the common interview questions were asked. For example: what are your strong and weak points and what's your biggest achievement. Nothing unexpected was asked, but the HR manager was sometimes difficult to understand due to an accent and wasn't very much promoting the position, but rather suggesting it is boring. After being shortlisted again, another phone interview was scheduled a week later, but I declined.