Electrolux Major Appliances

Updated Jul 9, 2014
Updated Jul 9, 2014

2.6

Intern Interview

Submitted my resume through a family friend that works here. A few weeks later I received a call from the co-op manager. I had a long conversation with him about what I knew, experience, etc.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't really any negotiation, at the end of the call he asked if I would want to work the summer and I accepted.

Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Electrolux Major Appliances.

The process was long and took more time than I had expected. It took five weeks before I got an offer letter and it was via e mail. I do enjoy the job and have been here several years now.

FAIR

User Experience Design Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Electrolux Major Appliances in September 2013.

It was an on-campus hiring of UX design for an six-month internship. I applied via career adviser at school. Two industrial designers came to campus for interview both industrial design and user experience design candidates. The interview was pretty easy and relaxed. They are very nice people. No any hard questions. Basically, they just ask you to introduce couple projects you like to share.
    Though I was no selected, but it was a good experience.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Electrolux Major Appliances.

I applied through Spherion Staffing, I submitted my resume through email and was sent a Skills Assessment test. It took me quite a bit of time to get it done because even though I updated Java on my laptop 6 times, the tests still wouldn't load. After the tests, I called in and they told me I passed the test and then did a phone screening which only took about 10 minutes. My interview was a few days after that with two of the reps from Spherion that work out of the Electrolux building. They were really friendly and offered me some pointers for the panel interview which was a week later. The panel interview consisted of 4 people, all were really friendly and inviting offering a great deal of information about the company and ways to advance. Job offer came about 3 or 4 days later.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Electrolux Major Appliances.

One day, numerous co-workers and managers that will be working with the individual, typical interview questions about your experience/goals and situation reponses.

Yes, I was able to negotiate a little bit. Make sure you understand the bonus plan.

National Accounts District Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Electrolux Major Appliances.

Lots of situation-based questions - i.e. - "name a time when..."

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Electrolux Major Appliances in August 2012.

Bad HR, strange culture, not welcoming, arrogant, someone would fit into this but not me. The interview was stale and i felt like i couldnt get out fast enough. The panel seemed nervous and lacking skills to do their own jobs. I knew immediately that i would not fit in. They seemed to be back in the early 2000's and not innovative at all. The worst was watching the employees walk in and interact with management. Everyone looked so bland.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were easy.....Are you married? Do you like Charlotte? Situational type questions along with philosophy. Strange and awkward.   View Answer

Forecast Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Electrolux Major Appliances in August 2012.

7 1/2 hrs of interviews over 2 visits: 5 one x ones & "personality fit" 3 person panel. Team seemed to be in the middle of or coming out of a crisis each time I was there. People were nice, but highly stressed and did not seem very happy.

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Electrolux Major Appliances in June 2012.

I was contacted by a recruiter. I quickly was asked to come in for an interview. I met them in a temporary office. The new building was still being built. I met with an Engineer in person and one on the phone. I then met with the PM alone. This session took about 3 hours. There was a followup phone interview with the hiring manager, who was out of the country at the time. The offer was extended the following week.

The job was going to require 50% travel until 2014. The start up phase also required 60-70 hrs a week. The offer was not that good.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Electrolux Major Appliances in June 2012.

The hiring process is centered around one question; "What is your current compensation". The HR recruiter would only consider me for a Senior Level Engineering position located in Charlotte NC. A Senior engineer is a 3 level demotion, and 35% pay cut, when compared to my current position. When I inquired as to the possibility of being considered for a lateral or higher position the HR recruiter responded; "We have to keep those positions open in order to hire Europeans and relocate them to the US". Frankly, I was shocked by the recruiters response.

Interview Questions
    • What is your current compensation? We can not progress any further in the interview process without knowing how much you are paid! What is your current compensation?   View Answer