Electronic Arts Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Jul 25, 2015

2.8

Development Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Electronic Arts (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

First a 15 minutes phone screening with HR, followed by an 1 hour interview with another Development Director. Both interviews went well and hearing about the role in more detail I knew that I would be perfect for the role. It did sound that they value previous game development experience (which is a bit narrow-minded) and experience with budgeting, but I personally didn't feel those possessing any problem for me to do this job well. Most of the questions were around Project Management and People Management experience and some tools I might have used before. Nothing too difficult. After the positive feeling from the interview I was surprised not to hear back from EA anymore. I never found out what they were looking for that I failed to present to them. A big negative experience since nothing was communicated back to me.

Interview Questions

• Do you have previous game development experience? What Project Management tools have you used. Have you been responsible for budgeting?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottetown, PE (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts (Charlottetown, PE (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

After many, many telephone calls I was finally invited to a personal interview. The trip was quite long and then there were many on-site interviews. The interviews were usually quite comfortable and nice. The big negative experience happend after the interviews. There was no feedback at all. Even after I inquired what happened there was no reply. After so much effort from my side that was quite disappointing. As a big player EA should take care of better communication. But in the end EA kept true to their image as a horrible company.

Coop Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Electronic Arts (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

this is an internship interview with a HR about 20 min, she is very nice, the question were all behavioural questions, she first asked me about which team I applied, and then talked about former project experience and programming language, I think they wanted people good at C#.

Interview Questions

• talked about former project experience, what programming language used before and what language is more familiar. Do you have C# programming experience before?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts (Kitchener, ON (Canada)).

Interview

1) A 30 minutes phone call with HR 2) A programming question that could be submitted any time (even a few weeks after receiving the question) 3) 3 hours on-site interview with 5 people.

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Electronic Arts (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

basically go through my resume and ask some details about my projects, and then comes to technical questions like basic algorithms like binary search and BFS, difference between TCP/UDP, http knowledge

Interview Questions

• asked about basic algorithms like binary search and BFS, difference between TCP/UDP, http knowledge   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview

4 interviews in total. One phone preliminary Interview. And the in person. Showed portfolio. Discussed UX knowledge. Experience in the UX field. Got interviewed by actual team members, which was great, as I got to ask question regarding their experience working there.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It's a great place to get a ton of experience.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Electronic Arts (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

Online test followed by in person interview of multiple stages after several days. Except the last round all the rounds were technical in nature. All the four rounds in a single day . Had very good experience overall. Measuring more your logical approach than technology .

Interview Questions

• Given scenarios for masking the patterns in a given text. Handling multiple databases   Answer Question
    • reversing linked list   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Electronic Arts in December 2014.

Interview

A current employee referred me and a recruiter called me and told me that he would schedule an interview. I did not hear from him and he did not respond to my email for a very long time. Then he asked about my availability and someone else from EA arranged the date of interview. I believe I did very well in the interview but felt that I had more experience than the hiring manager. Then I did not hear anything from them and they ignored the follow up emails I sent them. I just needed to know the result.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Electronic Arts (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in August 2014.

Interview

Straight forward interview. Talked about my projects and skills. Make sure you know your C++. It will help if you have a game to show them. Best advice I can give is to be yourself, don't be fake, and just talk about what which EA projects interest you.

Tools Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts (Kitchener, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Was contacted pretty soon after submitting an online application through the website, and after a quick phone call with an HR person was sent a programming challenge. However, after submitting my solution I was told that, ultimately, the team didn't think my experience matched what they was looking for... which seems like something that should've come up before we proceeded with the test.

Interview Questions

• Expectations for programming challenge scope were somewhat vague, but nothing was particularly difficult about the problem itself.   Answer Question