Electronic Arts Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Mar 19, 2015
Updated Mar 19, 2015

2.9

User Experience Designer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts.

4 interviews in total.
    One phone preliminary Interview. And the in person.
    Showed portfolio. Discussed UX knowledge. Experience in the UX field.

Got interviewed by actual team members, which was great, as I got to ask question regarding their experience working there.

Interview Questions
    It's a great place to get a ton of experience.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Electronic Arts in March 2015.

Online test followed by in person interview of multiple stages after several days. Except the last round all the rounds were technical in nature. All the four rounds in a single day . Had very good experience overall. Measuring more your logical approach than technology .

Interview Questions
    • Given scenarios for masking the patterns in a given text.
      Handling multiple databases

Answer Question
    • reversing linked list   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Electronic Arts in August 2014.

Straight forward interview. Talked about my projects and skills. Make sure you know your C++. It will help if you have a game to show them. Best advice I can give is to be yourself, don't be fake, and just talk about what which EA projects interest you.

Tools Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kitchener, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts.

Was contacted pretty soon after submitting an online application through the website, and after a quick phone call with an HR person was sent a programming challenge. However, after submitting my solution I was told that, ultimately, the team didn't think my experience matched what they was looking for... which seems like something that should've come up before we proceeded with the test.

Interview Questions
    • Expectations for programming challenge scope were somewhat vague, but nothing was particularly difficult about the problem itself.   Answer Question

Lead Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottetown, PE (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts in May 2014.

I applied online through EA career section and I got the call after a week after applying.

Details: Phone interview of about 20 minutes with recruiter to know the reason why I applied, my expected salary range and when I would be available. I answered I'd give two weeks notice to my current employer.

Interview with the Project Manager for almost an hour after three days.
    Then SQL based test to check my understanding and my level of coding for the job position.
    After the case based test, again a call from Mobile Game Director from CA to followup on my test and also the interview regarding the different game KPI's and my understanding of the social aspect.

After this call, I got to meet on site(PE, Charlottetown) with Project Managers, Programmers, Producers, Director and had to attend the calls from different Team leads from Ontario and CA.. EA paid the tickets and booked the hotel for me for three days and all the expenses were covered. (i need to send them my receipts of lunch and dinners though).This inerview(s) was for the whole day which I spent in the PE Studio.
    Technical and non-technical questions. Their intention was to know my personality, my strengths and weaknesses, how I would fit in the team. They kindly answered my questions, really honest answers. Interview lasted about one hour.

Got a phone call 3-4 days after the last phone interview, saying they wanted to give me an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Probability question, which we solve in graduation and never use in real life were too difficult for me.   Answer Question

Very less salary as compared to the Data Analysts of EA in other regions.

Campaign Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Electronic Arts in May 2014.

Sent a resume following a post on their site. A couple of days after (on a monday), I received a call to screen the information provided and invite me to an interview.

I went for the interview on a Thursday. It was pretty impressive location and casual interview process. Welcomed by an HR person who led me to a room while I waited for the Manager to interview me.

Interview was a mix of casual and formal question. Really nice manager and easy process.

Interview Questions
    • All basic questions...tell me more about yourself, your experience, a time when stressed, cope with deadline, team-work, self-sufficient, etc...   Answer Question
    Salary was higher than expected and was going out of a bad job so didn't negotiate much. Looking back, I would ask for more vacations (only 2 weeks)

Development Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Electronic Arts.

A recruiter conducts an interview over the phone. If the candidate passes, s/he visits the studio for a full day of interviews, with various other Development Directors.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were standard for project/people managers.   Answer Question

Senior Game Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottetown, PE (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Electronic Arts.

Initial steps were painless, submitted work examples and had a telephone conversion with studio head. Invited to final interview at Studio within the week with flights and expenses paid. Nightmare itinerary with missing hotel bookings for overnights which all had to come off my credit card and claim for later. An over the top grueling 8 hour interview at the studio followed by not getting the job offer.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interviewed with the Head of the Department and two Recruiters. The dress is casual and the process was straightforward. Interview to hire was 4 weeks and the follow ups and communication were very good. Everyone was friendly and welcoming. I received a studio tour of the facilities and overall was impressed with the whole process compared to other companies that I have interviewed with.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, basic recruiting questions. How do you organize and manage your reqs? How do you organize your day? What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses   Answer Question
    Put in a counter offer. The pay is fairly high in comparison to other companies.

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Electronic Arts.

Phone interview was highly difficult speaking with different managers. Be knowledgeable in your strengths and you shouldn't have any problems. In person interview was more personality questions and seeing if you were a fit with the team.

I should have negotiated my salary! Never take the initial offer!