Electronic Arts

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview Details – Very well managed interview process, actually by far the promptest and most responsive hiring team I have encountered. I had applied online a few months back before EA reached out to me. Luckily I was still in the market. An HR recruiter called me and scheduled a quick interview. At the end of the phone call he asked me if I was available for a phone interview with the hiring manager. He promptly scheduled the next phone interview for the next day. The phone interview with the hiring manager went well and again at the end of the conversation she indicated she wanted me to come in for a face to face. I was invited to go to the EA office in Playa Vista. My face to face consisted of 3 people and 3 hours of interviewing. Overall the experience was pleasant, quick and fun. A week after my interview I got a call from HR asking me for a background check and an offer.

Interview Question – Standard behavioral questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Some wiggle room but overall they were pretty set on their offer.

Development Director

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview Details – A recruiter conducts an interview over the phone. If the candidate passes, s/he visits the studio for a full day of interviews, with various other Development Directors.

Interview Question – All questions were standard for project/people managers.   Answer Question

Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview Details – called in, met with a game team (3 people including Franchise Development Director) and found out by the time I got home that I didn't get the job

Interview Question – Clearly expected me to be technical even though my resume did not reflect this. Not sure why they called me in.   Answer Question

Development Director

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview Details – - Multiple phone screens/interviews
- In person interviews where available

Interview Question – 13x13?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They work within brackets. Usually try to get 5-10% more from what offered.

Interviewed at Electronic Arts

Interview Details – The interview process was very efficient with clear communication. A few weeks after an initial phone screen I was invited for an on-site interview and made very comfortable for my visit. Three interview sessions, one with supervisors, two with peers. Response was very transparent, I was told I would not receive an offer and given good feedback as to why.

Interview Question – I was interviewing for one level above that which my experience merited, so it's best to have a clear understanding of the scope of responsibilities associated with the title - which is a little different studio to studio.   Answer Question

Development Director

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Electronic Arts in December 2011.

Interview Details – First Step in the interview process was a technical assessment. Interviewer presented a theoretical scenario that occurred in the current product and them asked me to identify how I would go about assigning a team to solve the problem. Seemed like he was looking for my ability to troubleshoot and then assign people on the team based on their skills. Then, this was followed by a group interview that focused more on project management and assignment questions. This part was particularly challenging as the group was taking a more hostile approach, especially in terms of demeanor and explaining that the average working hours are not 40 but 50 hours. All in all, the process was ok, but I think there was too much emphasis on the fact that the position required a substantial amount of extra time per week. My analysis of the work environment: high pressure, but I knew that going in, but the pressure applied during the interview prevented me from asking about the importance of work-life balance.

Interview Question – What metrics do you use to evaluate your team members performance in an agile environment?   View Answer

Worked for Electronic Arts? Contribute to the Community!