Electronic Arts

3.2

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Electronic Arts.

Very well managed interview process, actually by far the promptest and most responsive hiring team I have encountered. I had applied online a few months back before EA reached out to me. Luckily I was still in the market. An HR recruiter called me and scheduled a quick interview. At the end of the phone call he asked me if I was available for a phone interview with the hiring manager. He promptly scheduled the next phone interview for the next day. The phone interview with the hiring manager went well and again at the end of the conversation she indicated she wanted me to come in for a face to face. I was invited to go to the EA office in Playa Vista. My face to face consisted of 3 people and 3 hours of interviewing. Overall the experience was pleasant, quick and fun. A week after my interview I got a call from HR asking me for a background check and an offer.

Interview Questions
Some wiggle room but overall they were pretty set on their offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Electronic Arts

Development Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Electronic Arts.

A recruiter conducts an interview over the phone. If the candidate passes, s/he visits the studio for a full day of interviews, with various other Development Directors.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were standard for project/people managers.   Answer Question

Development Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Electronic Arts.

called in, met with a game team (3 people including Franchise Development Director) and found out by the time I got home that I didn't get the job

Interview Questions
    • Clearly expected me to be technical even though my resume did not reflect this. Not sure why they called me in.   Answer Question

Development Director Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Electronic Arts.

- Multiple phone screens/interviews
    - In person interviews where available

Interview Questions
    They work within brackets. Usually try to get 5-10% more from what offered.

Development Director Interview

The interview process was very efficient with clear communication. A few weeks after an initial phone screen I was invited for an on-site interview and made very comfortable for my visit. Three interview sessions, one with supervisors, two with peers. Response was very transparent, I was told I would not receive an offer and given good feedback as to why.

Interview Questions
    • I was interviewing for one level above that which my experience merited, so it's best to have a clear understanding of the scope of responsibilities associated with the title - which is a little different studio to studio.   Answer Question

Development Director Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Electronic Arts in December 2011.

First Step in the interview process was a technical assessment. Interviewer presented a theoretical scenario that occurred in the current product and them asked me to identify how I would go about assigning a team to solve the problem. Seemed like he was looking for my ability to troubleshoot and then assign people on the team based on their skills. Then, this was followed by a group interview that focused more on project management and assignment questions. This part was particularly challenging as the group was taking a more hostile approach, especially in terms of demeanor and explaining that the average working hours are not 40 but 50 hours. All in all, the process was ok, but I think there was too much emphasis on the fact that the position required a substantial amount of extra time per week. My analysis of the work environment: high pressure, but I knew that going in, but the pressure applied during the interview prevented me from asking about the importance of work-life balance.

Interview Questions
    • What metrics do you use to evaluate your team members performance in an agile environment?   View Answer